• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

I just finished the Doan's Island episode of 0079. It was hilarious.

First, there was the awkward position the Gundam gets into to launch the Core Fighter from it. Then Amuro told Doan that he kept having to fight pursuers because of his "scent of battle." I know in the show Doan agrees with him, but the flabbergasted face he made and the awkward pause reflected my inner thoughts of "What the fuck, Amuro?" This continued as Amuro proceeded to throw all of Doan's shit in the ocean to wipe away the scent while Doan's just standing there like :|

Also Amuro walking around in his underwear the whole episode and Doan never explaining why he straight up murdered those Federation soldiers at the beginning of the island part of the episode.

tensuke

My SDs finally came in! :D
aSCeGBw.jpg

These will actually be my first SD kits, I don't plan to do much with them but panel line and maybe add a few details where foil stickers should go. I kinda do want to make a space diorama to recreate ep 7 though...

CorvoSol

I just finished the Doan's Island episode of 0079. It was hilarious.

First, there was the awkward position the Gundam gets into to launch the Core Fighter from it. Then Amuro told Doan that he kept having to fight pursuers because of his "scent of battle." I know in the show Doan agrees with him, but the flabbergasted face he made and the awkward pause reflected my inner thoughts of "What the fuck, Amuro?" This continued as Amuro proceeded to throw all of Doan's shit in the ocean to wipe away the scent while Doan's just standing there like :|

Also Amuro walking around in his underwear the whole episode and Doan never explaining why he straight up murdered those Federation soldiers at the beginning of the island part of the episode.

I feel like this episode didn't air in America or Tomino hated it or something.

NEO0MJ

According to MAHQ it is 2 meters shorter at the head than original Nu, and the old Hi-nu was built off of the old Nu kit, so now it should actually be correct.

The old Hi-Nu was also shorter than the Nu, so I thought it was an original build that didn't didn't recycle the Nu.
But yeah, the Hi-Nu is meant to be shorter. It's funny how the Nightingale wen't the opposite way in comparison to the Sazabi.

Anyone had experience with brush on primer? Does primer have to be flat and fill in all the surface area?

I brushed 3 layers of thinned primer on my pieces, it still look a bit transparent, some cloudy spot, and I still see some brush mark. Should I just move on and paint the main color? Or continue to lay the primer till it is perfect?

Primers should cover the whole kit. Maybe you thinned it too much?

That SD Neo Zeong sold out fast. All were gone from my local shops on the first day. Haven't seen any since...

How about the HG Neo Zeong? I wonder if there's a big demand for the SD because it's cheaper than the HG.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Primers should cover the whole kit. Maybe you thinned it too much?

That could be the case, or I didn't wash the plastic good enough before painting.

I could add another few layers but the paint will get to thick and hide the detail. After the primer I still need at least 3 coats for the main color. For white it would take more than 5 coats.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Gundam Seed Destiny questions:

1. Why does Rey call Talia mother at the end?
2. Did Talia break up with Durandal and go have a son with someone else, then end up going back to him?
3. Did Yzak's mom become the new Zaft Chairman after Durandal died?

Bombless

Gundam Seed Destiny questions:

1. Why does Rey call Talia mother at the end?
2. Did Talia break up with Durandal and go have a son with someone else, then end up going back to him?
3. Did Yzak's mom become the new Zaft Chairman after Durandal died?

I guess since Talia used to live with Durandal and Rey she kind of was his adoptive mom.
I think the fertility program was pairing compatible people, that's why she had to leave.
Lacus took over. All hail the Pink Queen!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I guess since Talia used to live with Durandal and Rey she kind of was his adoptive mom.
I think the fertility program was pairing compatible people, that's why she had to leave.
Lacus took over. All hail the Pink Queen!

Correct!

2 is particularly important to Durandal's motivation for his asinine plan.

Shouta

Left is Winning Gundam. an original SD Gundam.

Middle is Build Burning Gundam looks like a G-Gundam concept concerning Burning, lol.

Right one is Lightning Gundam which was created using a Re-GZ base from Char's Counterattack.

So in this series it seems that the girl is the biggest Gundam maniac. China's brother is a genius builder who's won prizes for his models. Lead character is a Gundam n00b like Reiji was in season one.

http://gundam-bf.net/mechanics/

Better look at the suits here. Build Burning is pretty clearly a heavily modified Shining Gundam. The white section on top of the knuckles reminds me of Gundam Maxter's punch attack.

Lightning Gundam is clearly based off the ReGZ.

Winning Gundam is very cute, the chest area reminds me of the Double X, but I don't really follow the SD line so I'm not sure if it's a total kitbash or if it's got any parts that are based off anything in specific.

edit: Reading a bit of the summary, seems that it's been 7 years (?) since the events from season 1, now the rules of Gunpla Battle have changed, there are teams of three people. The characters make up on team called Try Fighters.

Deadly

Ah Re-GZ.. Close enough :p
So in this series it seems that the girl is the biggest Gundam maniac. China's brother is a genius builder who's won prizes for his models. Lead character is a Gundam n00b like Reiji was in season one.
Have they said how long this takes place after season one?

Ah Re-GZ.. Close enough :p

Have they said how long this takes place after season one?

Seven years, it seems like? My Japanese isn't that great. They mention that there's new rules for Gunpla Battle now and that there's teams made up of three members, each piloting their own plamodel. The three leads are one team called the Try Fighters (Tri-Fighters?).

People who are better at reading Japanese, please correct me if I'm wrong. From what I'm reading, Hoshino Fumina (lead girl) is pretty desperate to make a team for Gunpla Battle, and she recruits the other two leads into the team.

Another interesting tidbit is that Yajima Corporation is the one running Gunpla Battling now.

Deadly

Build Burning seemingly being based on Shining/God doesn't raise my hopes up for less build knuckle :(

Teams of 3....Team Meijin Kawaguchi, Reiji, Sei. Fucking OP.

Beth Cyra

I think people are seeing what they want Burning to be much more so then what it is.

Very little Shining (some of the waist) and nearly zero God Gundam.

Those arms are pretty much ripped right off the Exia. Legs arent aren't all that special and the head is Build Stike's.

He dyed his hair and his eyesight got worse because just like his big sis, he's pre-disposed to bad eyesight! :p

I want to know if China and Sei got married. <3

Ken

I'm always down for more Zeta-family suits.

Build Burning is meh though.

The move to team fights could be pretty cool.

Beth Cyra

Build Burning seemingly being based on Shining/God doesn't raise my hopes up for less build knuckle :(

Teams of 3....Team Meijin Kawaguchi, Reiji, Sei. Fucking OP.
The other being Ricardo, Mao, and Samurai boy.

The Husbando's getting full on Warf'd in the new series

Those arms are pretty much ripped right off the Exia. Legs arent aren't all that special and the head is Build Stike's.
Except it's not. It looks similar but its not the same. Just as with everything else. On the surface it looks similar but its not like anything from previous shows. If anything it shares more with Mao's Gundam X with random blue reflective plates running through various body parts. It is very much a Build Fighters original design.

Beth Cyra

Except it's not. It looks similar but its not the same. Just as with everything else. On the surface it looks similar but its not like anything from previous shows. If anything it shares more with Mao's Gundam X with random blue reflective plates running through various body parts. It is very much a Build Fighters original design.
I really disagree with this entirely.

Slapping a few pieces of Armor on its arms and head doesnt make it a new design.

Beth Cyra

Oh I am sorry, then what were the few pieces of armor slapped on that make it such a copy.
If you look at the line art the arms are Exia's, same pose and look overall. The only thing different is the red outer guard and the Hi-v styled raised hand back.

Similar the head is pretty much the same as Build Strike's.

My arguement is that aside from the G name, Burning isnt G anymore then Build Strike was. Shoulders are big and its got a large chest but the specifics are vastly different from Shining or God.

Edit: Ah yeah that is 100% a Kunio Okawara pose and design and is nothing like Exia. Look again.

It has a very large upper torso, it almost looks stocky. Large portions of G Gundam designs don't even have a lower torso. Burning mimics Rising and Shining by having a visible lower torso connecting to the hips. It's head is a lot more prominent and has a visible neck which is similar to older G Gundam designs. Modern gundam designs hide the neck and sink the head into the torso itself.

My arguement is that aside from the G name, Burning isnt G anymore then Build Strike was. Shoulders are big and its got a large chest but the specifics are vastly different from Shining or God.
Yes its neither of those specifically, but there are more than just those designs in G Gundam. Its actually very similar to Rising in how its shoulders and upper torso create a flat line that doesn't go above the neck with the head sitting prominently at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom