• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

I disagree with the majority of you're post.

However I do agree about the waist, the look of that region is Shining however I believe that to be all.

Wubby

There's a new GM kit coming too that looks interesting (from what can be seen)

jJKH4ZzmuCHlg.jpg

Burning doesn't look very impressive but this is it's basic starting form so I'll withhold judgement until I can see it's modified form later in series.

I like Lightning the best of the three. When I first saw the silhouette image months ago I was hoping it was based on Xi but guess not. Still looks best.

Not a huge fan of SD kits so a bit disappointing that an SD is one of the main suits.

The team battles are interesting. If they are always going against teams then there's going to be a lot of different suits they go up against. More chances for kits from the series. Hope we get some good kits/designs like first season.

iWu4ktYffSqyl.jpg

iRO3ShCcdCpMe.jpg

icLhgOqAKtQeJ.jpg

Lightning will have a weapon pack too:
ibyYV9EbOsBrom.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Burning's proportions just look off for me. Either shoulders too big or the chest looks like it's not protruding enough.

It certainly looks like Kunio Okawara drew the new design. The shoulders are still super wide but not as big. The upper torso is still huge but the lower torso is more visible compared to the older designs. The head is still the high point and stands out like Shining. It has no other obvious attachments, even less than Shining really. It has a lot of soft round edges unlike Strike which was all hard edges. It sure as hell looks more like older Kunio Okawara designs than anything else.

gf13-017nj.jpg
xxxg-01w.jpg
mecha_01.png

Beth Cyra

It certainly looks like Kunio Okawara drew the new design. The shoulders are still super wide but not as big. The upper torso is still huge but the lower torso is more visible compared to the older designs. The head is still the high point and stands out like Shining. It has no other obvious attachments, even less than Shining really. It has a lot of soft round edges unlike Strike which was all hard edges. It sure as hell looks more like older Kunio Okaware designs than anything else.

gf13-017nj.jpg
xxxg-01w.jpg
mecha_01.png

Fucking hell that Wing Gundam is so fat and bulky for a 16.3 meter suit it's disgusting.

Still after seeing the model kit, I will agree the head does have a softer look like that of Shining and Wing compared to Strike.

duckroll

Build Burning Gundam is the one of the three where the description doesn't indicate that the Fighter also built it. It only says that Sekai pilots it and that he's a beginner. It's also stated that Build Burning Gundam is a very polished model, which definitely suggests that someone else made it.

Lightning Gundam is built by Yuma, China's younger brother. He's a talented young builder who won the grand prix prize at the Artistic Gunpla Contest.

Winning Gundam is a new original SD Gundam design built by Fumina to participate in the Japanese national tournament. She also heads the Gunpla Battle Club in school, and she's looking for new members.

Fumina is a third year, both Sekai and Yuma are second years. Sekai is a transfer student, so he could have come from anywhere... hmmm.... :)

CorvoSol

I realize the discussion has been had, but I do think the Burning's head looks kinda like the Shining/G if combined with the Strike's.

The chest, though, with those two slots on it, reminds me more of the RX-78-2/Zeta/ZZ's chests.

Ezalc

I don't like that Burning design. It kind of looks like a car to me, also I miss the skirt and forearm protectors and it looks super skinny. Guess we gotta wait and see how it evolves going forward.

So it's the protagonist's gunpla then?

Ken

The lack of a back unit means it's going to print money with all of its releases.

I wonder if Winning and Lightning's back units are compatible with BBs.

CorvoSol

The lack of a back unit means it's going to print money with all of its releases.

I wonder if Winning and Lightning's back units are compatible with BBs.

Crap, you're right.

No buying anything from this show until the season ends. That's gonna have to be my rule.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Gunpla diary:

So I finally gave up on the stupid brush on primer, it is impossible to balance the dam color. The only way I can get a consistent flat coat is to overlay it until panel line start getting more and more shallow. That's only the primer, I still haven't put the paint yet. To be fair, on one of the part that I painted well(the shield), the color went on beautifully with just a single layer. The paint is so strong I can't even scratch it with my nail.

I decided I can't be cheap and just use tamiya primer spray instead. So I had to scrape the old primer with toothbrush and alcohol to prepare for my tamiya overlord. I had to stop after an hour of scraping because I got dizzy and lightheaded from inhaling so much alcohol.

After being forced to take a break, for some reason I start arranging my gundam pieces seeing if I can rebuild it from memory. It is then I realized that one important piece in the foot is missing. Needless to say I spent rest of the night looking for it.

So now I am tire, sleepy, sad, dizzy, and questioning my life decision. The missing piece may take 2 to 12 weeks to replace from some website.

Gunpla is so fun.

Lightning Gundam is built by Yuma, China's younger brother. He's a talented young builder who won the grand prix prize at the Artistic Gunpla Contest.

It's just Grand Prix. Otherwise you're saying he won the 'grand prize prize.' :p

Couldn't Kousaka's brother be the one who built Build Burning? Sort of taking over Sei's role from season one as the modeller?

NEO0MJ

Me too. I like the custom suits that come out of this series. Though Miss Sazabi from last season could have been done better...

The model kit was pretty bad, but it looked decent enough in the show. The kit needed an entirely new mold to look good, not recycle the old Sazabi.

It still looks like the unit is capable of having something dock in it, though.

I guess the Build Burning Gundam is pretty cool...?
Lightning Gundam is neat, but not really as interesting as I hoped it would be.
G-Self Gundam is looking 10/10, though. That's always nice.

So... I think I'll get the G-Self in MG form if it comes out and wait until the show is over to pick up the Build Burning.

Bebpo

Banned
Grimoire is definitely the most interesting looking design of the bunch. G-self is good too, the other two are kind of the simplified bad gundam designs we've seen for the last decade from cheap Sunrise (outside Unicorn).

Hope the show has more mechs like Grimoire.

Started building the RG Destiny today.

It's a hell of a surprise for me in a lot of ways considering the only RG I've built is the Zeta. Destiny is far far far easier to build and most importantly it is as solid as a rock, at least right now.

And holy shit at that leg mobility.

Notice the knee slide gimmick. Master grade level stuff at the same stability. Which I can't say for the Zeta, and which is precisely why this Destiny has really surprised me.

Can't imagine me not buying Strike Freedom and the hopefully inevitable IJ after this. RG line is the best.

Now excuse me while I go play some Destiny in Full Boost.

It's a hell of a surprise for me in a lot of ways considering the only RG I've built is the Zeta. Destiny is far far far easier to build and most importantly it is as solid as a rock, at least right now.
Yeah I have an MG destiny, got it just for the hell of it. I actually enjoyed building it, was a very solid kit. It was also absolutely shocking to enjoy putting something together after MG Crossbone kits, ughhhhhh.

Notice the knee slide gimmick. Master grade level stuff at the same stability. Which I can't say for the Zeta, and which is precisely why this Destiny has really surprised me.
Maybe you just didn't experience the joys of Master Grade Zeta.

Beth Cyra

Started building the RG Destiny today.

And holy shit at that leg mobility.

Can't imagine me not buying Strike Freedom and the hopefully inevitable IJ after this. RG line is the best.

Now excuse me while I go play some Destiny in Full Boost.
Yeah, RG Destiny is like a ROCK compared to the other RG's.

That said he still has some weird ass issues. Like his Toe, they didn't do well with it like the other RG's and he just has a weird opening and his feet are so large it's like clown shoes.

Plenty of teams to go around. Especially since later shows started adding multiple gundams per show.

Kinda want an SRW Z team with Destiny + Zeta and well plenty of choices for the third slot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
These new pictures really do make the designs look better. The Burning especially.

G-Self will be mine. I just wish the head wasn't so busy. Montero looks awesome too, though I want to see it in some different colour schemes.

Beth Cyra

Yeah I have an MG destiny, got it just for the hell of it. I actually enjoyed building it, was a very solid kit. It was also absolutely shocking to enjoy putting something together after MG Crossbone kits, ughhhhhh.

Maybe you just didn't experience the joys of Master Grade Zeta.

Oh jesus MG Crossbone Full Cloth is probably my most hated MG. A lot of MG's have issues, but the horrible connection slides for the front left and right armors that you hook into the Cock Pit are so BAD on FC that I just pose it as another X1.

Plenty of teams to go around. Especially since later shows started adding multiple gundams per show.

Kinda want an SRW Z team with Destiny + Zeta and well plenty of choices for the third slot.

If that happens they would have to have them go up against Nu/SF and an extra.

NEO0MJ

Oh jesus MG Crossbone Full Cloth is probably my most hated MG. A lot of MG's have issues, but the horrible connection slides for the front left and right armors that you hook into the Cock Pit is so BAD on FC that I just pose it as another X1.

I really wish the crossbone was a solid kit, the design is so good.

Beth Cyra

I really wish the crossbone was a solid kit, the design is so good.

What else is wrong with it?

Some of the weapons are complete trash to hold, but that is because of them being legit odd designs for a model kit to hold so there is very little they can do about that with the 3 Finger/Trigger split.

Outside of the Cloth Armor though, my Crossbone is very sturdy and holds together very well.

NEO0MJ

What else is wrong with it?

Some of the weapons are complete trash to hold, but that is because of them being legit odd designs for a model kit to hold so there is very little they can do about that with the 3 Finger/Trigger split.

Outside of the Cloth Armor though, my Crossbone is very sturdy and holds together very well.

Yeah, but I want the cloth Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom