• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
Gundam Age ep47

age-fx3-1.jpg

This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen on a main gundam. This is final full power badass Nu Gundam/Dendrobium for the series? LOL

Yeah, this show sucks. Only 2 eps left to finally be done with this and then I can catch up on better gundam shows like Build Fighters and soon the glorious G Req.

They should've stuck with AGE3 being Full Armor ZZ Gundam and just kept building on a heavy chunky tank gundam. Ditching AGE3 for AGE FX Quan[T] ripoff was zzzz, especially since they already did 00 Raiser Gundam with AGE2.

You choose PedoHitler's Waifu over Gouf?

At least tell me it was only Gouf and not Custom or R35
im sorry

Yep. The only thing left to do is build it, paint it, and put your shame on public display for everyone to see.
Nope. I bought it for my girlfriend. She liked it because "it's not ugly like that blue one you want".
That Universe Booster I ordered better be out by my front door when I get back.

Beth Cyra

im sorry

Nope. I bought it for my girlfriend. She liked it because "it's not ugly like that blue one you want".
That Universe Booster I ordered better be out by my front door when I get back.
Well I'm personally of the opnion that Custom is better, but still man.

You better love this woman is all I can say.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So the Tamiya primer last 2/3 of the master grade, but some part needed sanding and reprime (should never spray at night).

Ordered another 2 cans, it is like I am spraying money!

Currently watching G Gundam and Gundam Wing right now.

Of the 2 G is the one that has my attention more and is actually pretty good. Currently at Master Asia introduction and I admit that I know the MA is a major antagonist which takes the suspense out of it. Also mark Gartha Domon is best Domon. The dub in general is pretty good. Probably better than you would think since it's blue water.

Wing I'm only 2 episodes in and Heero comes off as a psychopath, while Relena seems to have zero concern for her life or the well being of her friends and family. Zechs and Duo are the ones I'm interested in.

CorvoSol

Of the 2 G is the one that has my attention more and is actually pretty good. Currently at Master Asia introduction and I admit that I know the MA is a major antagonist which takes the suspense out of it. Also mark Gartha Domon is best Domon. The dub in general is pretty good. Probably better than you would think since it's blue water.

Wing I'm only 2 episodes in and Heero comes off as a psychopath, while Relena seems to have zero concern for her life or the well being of her friends and family. Zechs and Duo are the ones I'm interested in.

I don't really think it's ever intended to be a huge secret anyway. They drop hints about Master from the moment he appears on screen, and a lot of those hints aren't subtle.

Kwixotik

Titanium Sinanju now has his shield, after much pain and suffering (painting the gold detail was a BITCH).

14707449436_1459c3352f_c.jpg

14750351003_e2a41381fc_c.jpg

The shield didn't come out quite as i had hoped, but I think its about the best i can do without using those god-awful stickers. Recessed detail is really hard to get to, even when doing a reverse wash with small swabs.

One thing i noticed when trying to pose this guy - even though I said earlier how amazing the overall articulation was for the unicorn kits - one limitation on the sinanju is the inability for the lower arms to rotate. The upper arms rotate just fine, but having that extra rotation for the lower arm would go a long way in helping to pose the shield.

Next up - painting the Sianju's rifle/grenade launcher. Want do do the barrels a metallic grey or dark silver while doing the rest of the rifle in a metallic gunmetal. Have to find some references first though.
This is really beautiful. Did you paint the whole thing?

Beth Cyra

As Corvo said, it's not even remotely subtle about what Asia is.

As for Heero, he is a child soldier who has no family and has been messed with on a genetic level. A psychopath is really good idea for that type of background and actually unique as far as Gundam leads go. It's sad that the writers thought these were bad traits.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As Corvo said, it's not even remotely subtle about what Asia is.

As for Heero, he is a child soldier who has no family and has been messed with on a genetic level. A psychopath is really good idea for that type of background and actually unique as far as Gundam leads go. It's sad that the writers thought these were bad traits.

Master Asia is many things, subtle isn't one of them. He ends up being shockingly well rounded in the end though.

CorvoSol

Master Asia is many things, subtle isn't one of them. He ends up being shockingly well rounded in the end though.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that Master wasn't great. Considering what was required of his character in the narrative, they manage to make him one of the best characters in the show.

But subtlety is not taught in the School of the Undefeated of the East.

Ezalc

More G fans. This is making my eyes water.

Bebpo

Banned
After finishing AGE, I feel like there's a good story in there somewhere, it had moments of good character development/story arcs, but it would really need a damn good editor to parse the good story out of it and a waaaaaay better director than fucking Hino to make a great show out of it.

It really is the worst Gundam entry in the franchise. It's watchable, but it never has anything driving it to keep you wanting to watch the next ep or caring about the cast. This is really shown in the final battle where there's no impact for any of the character deaths because the show just messed up in developing them properly. Even
Zehart's death
was just sudden and terribly directed like Hino didn't even care at that point.
Zehart's whole character arc is really weird and feels like Hino had some good ideas but didn't know how to wrap it up.
It's just kind of a boring watch, whereas at least Destiny was an entertaining trainwreck.

Eh, I think it's possible that super robot wars could re-write it into a more coherent, clearer and enjoyable vision; but it'll be a lot of work for them and considering it's AGE, dunno if they'll bother re-writing it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Master Asia's introduction is the greatest

I think he's the only person in the series(and possibly in gundam history) to fight a mobile suit bare handed, let alone multiple mobile suits

Man catches beam rifle shots and turns them into bullets

CorvoSol

After finishing AGE, I feel like there's a good story in there somewhere, it had moments of good character development/story arcs, but it would really need a damn good editor to parse the good story out of it and a waaaaaay better director than fucking Hino to make a great show out of it.

It really is the worst Gundam entry in the franchise. It's watchable, but it never has anything driving it to keep you wanting to watch the next ep or caring about the cast. This is really shown in the final battle where there's no impact for any of the character deaths because the show just messed up in developing them properly. Even
Zehart's death
was just sudden and terribly directed like Hino didn't even care at that point.
Zehart's whole character arc is really weird and feels like Hino had some good ideas but didn't know how to wrap it up.
It's just kind of a boring watch, whereas at least Destiny was an entertaining trainwreck.

Eh, I think it's possible that super robot wars could re-write it into a more coherent, clearer and enjoyable vision; but it'll be a lot of work for them and considering it's AGE, dunno if they'll bother re-writing it.

I kinda felt like the hope of good character development was doomed when they decided to base Zeheart and Assmo's friendship around a single musical montage. As for the plot, I feel the final coffin to that was Ezelcant deciding to throw out the sudden humanity his people had developed in favor of twirling his mustache.

Unrelated query: Did the Butler GM type from G Gundam ever get a kit? Cuz that would be a funny mech to build.

Kwixotik

Finished 0079. Really cool ending. I liked some aspects of the way Newtypes developed and disliked other aspects. Overall a pretty great show. Starting Zeta tomorrow.

NEO0MJ

Master Asia's introduction is the greatest

I think he's the only person in the series(and possibly in gundam history) to fight a mobile suit bare handed, let alone multiple mobile suits

Man catches beam rifle shots and turns them into bullets

I think Gym might have a chance at that, no other antagonist is as hammy.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Tobia had a rifle, although strictly speaking Master was armed with a length of cloth, too.

He picked up the rock it was standing on to flip it over

He caught bullets and shoved them back in the rifle to blow it up

with. his. bare. hands.

IIRC Sunrise had a specific condition about no humans fighting robots diectly in G Gundam, but I guess Imagawa figured they'd stopped watching 10 episodes in

Kwixotik

I think they meant just in Gundam.

Buy her the Nobel Gundam.

Lmao, she would kill me if I bought her that. She requested Freedom, which I'm currently building for her.

Edit: Started watching Zeta today. The first episode was pretty great. I have high expectations for the rest of the series. Cool Bright cameo lol.

Lmao, she would kill me if I bought her that. She requested Freedom, which I'm currently building for her.

Edit: Started watching Zeta today. The first episode was pretty great. I have high expectations for the rest of the series. Cool Bright cameo lol.
That's a rad choice!

Zeta is currently my top Gundam series so far, but it has a slow start apart from the first two episodes. You'll have a good time with it, though!

Kwixotik

That's a rad choice!

Zeta is currently my top Gundam series so far, but it has a slow start apart from the first two episodes. You'll have a good time with it, though!

Yeah, I think it's a cool model too. The only problem so far is I messed up on the elbow joint foil stickers you can see in this image (not mine) and had to throw them out, so I'm kind of bummed about that. It's kind of bad design on their part though to put stickers on a moving joint which has a very uneven surface anyway.

Also good to know the series slows down for a bit, so I'm expecting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom