• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Lmao, she would kill me if I bought her that. She requested Freedom, which I'm currently building for her.

Edit: Started watching Zeta today. The first episode was pretty great. I have high expectations for the rest of the series. Cool Bright cameo lol.

I actually feel that Zeta's beginning is its strongest point. It picks up again toward the end but that midsection is still rough in my eyes. Of the three I kinda feel like 0079 is the strongest.

HOWEVER, don't let that cool your jets or anything! Kamille is still one of my favorite Gundam protagonists, and the Zeta is probably my favorite Gundam design.

I... I did it.
I did it, guys.

He's beauuuuuuutiful~
10583783_688211587900147_4679501387991886556_n.jpg

Also, bonus pic~

Edit:
Gundam ZZ:
OH LOOK AT THAT HAPPY ENDING AND EVERYONE'S DOING GOOD AND SHIT WILL GET BETTER
WOW WHAT A GOOD TIME TOTALLY NOT DEPRESSING AND TERRIBLE AND SAD
Oh, wait. This is actually a thing that's happening.
That's... pretty weird when you come off Zeta Gundam.
The characters went through the same fantastic Gundam cycle, there were no "Katz" level of annoyances, the plot was clear and really interesting, and it looked damn good.
It's a definite #3 on my list, and the ZZ Gundam is now my favorite mobile suit. Good stuff.

So... what do I watch now?

CorvoSol

\

Edit:
Gundam ZZ:
OH LOOK AT THAT HAPPY ENDING AND EVERYONE'S DOING GOOD AND SHIT WILL GET BETTER
WOW WHAT A GOOD TIME TOTALLY NOT DEPRESSING AND TERRIBLE AND SAD
Oh, wait. This is actually a thing that's happening.
That's... pretty weird when you come off Zeta Gundam.
The characters went through the same fantastic Gundam cycle, there were no "Katz" level of annoyances, the plot was clear and really interesting, and it looked damn good.
It's a definite #3 on my list, and the ZZ Gundam is now my favorite mobile suit. Good stuff.

So... what do I watch now?

Glad you enjoyed it! I think Mondo was the worst of Judau's crew, but he wasn't quite as bad as Katz. More just that I felt Mondo was a joke character who didn't make the transition to serious nearly as well as the rest of the cast did, in no small part because of his voice. That final fight between Judau and Haman is some good stuff, though.

Anyway, now you watch Char's Counterattack.

Pros of doing that: delicious Nu vs Sazabi fight.

Cons of doing that: QUESS PARAYA and Star Wars sound effects.

Glad you enjoyed it! I think Mondo was the worst of Judau's crew, but he wasn't quite as bad as Katz. More just that I felt Mondo was a joke character who didn't make the transition to serious nearly as well as the rest of the cast did, in no small part because of his voice. That final fight between Judau and Haman is some good stuff, though.

Anyway, now you watch Char's Counterattack.

Pros of doing that: delicious Nu vs Sazabi fight.

Cons of doing that: QUESS PARAYA and Star Wars sound effects.
But I waaaaaaaaaaaaatched it already and it was "eh".
NEXT PLZ

Also Quess is right there with Katz for worst Gundam character ever and people should feel bad that she exists.
Mondo was dumb and stupid and dumb, but he wasn't dumb enough to make me laugh when he suffered.

CorvoSol

But I waaaaaaaaaaaaatched it already and it was "eh".
NEXT PLZ

Also Quess is right there with Katz for worst Gundam character ever and people should feel bad that she exists.
Mondo was dumb and stupid and dumb, but he wasn't dumb enough to make me laugh when he suffered.

I mean, it's hard not to laugh at him when he dressed in that bowtie and daisy duke combo, but yes, I thought he wasn't terrible by the end. Just not really up to the rest of the cast's snuff.

So how 'bout that ending scene with Kamille and Fa? Loved that part.

Anyway if you've seen CCA and Unicorn I guess F91 is next.

I mean, it's hard not to laugh at him when he dressed in that bowtie and daisy duke combo, but yes, I thought he wasn't terrible by the end. Just not really up to the rest of the cast's snuff.

So how 'bout that ending scene with Kamille and Fa? Loved that part.

Anyway if you've seen CCA and Unicorn I guess F91 is next.
I haven't watched Unicorn yet...
Maybe I should get on that. lol

G Gundam 13

So Domons future mates have now been influenced by the Dark Gundam meaning we now have Domon fighting for his life.

... But who cares about that when you have Rain sounding like this E when she's getting in the Shining Gundam

who else wants Rain to get her own gundam

CorvoSol

G Gundam 13

So Domons future mates have now been influenced by the Dark Gundam meaning we now have Domon fighting for his life.

... But who cares about that when you have Rain sounding like this E when she's getting in the Shining Gundam

who else wants Rain to get her own gundam

Just stay true to Rain as you go, friend.

The Tieria figurine is unfortunate. <.<

Ididntaskforthis.gif

We're not supposed to say that word, so you might wanna edit it.

So knowing Japan's shit taste that Rinko figurine will be bargain bin material in two months or something, right?
Then I expect someone to send me one.
For, you know, collecting.

Well, we're building the flower Gundam or whatever and... Where's the color separation? Why are the flowers all one color instead of just two parts? Why don't the pieces look close to the colors from the show?
(We've only watched like, 2 minutes of it but whatevs.)
This is not cool.

CorvoSol

Well, we're building the flower Gundam or whatever and... Where's the color separation? Why are the flowers all one color instead of just two parts? Why don't the pieces look close to the colors from the show?
This is not cool.

Ral's revenge for not buying a Gouf.

Ral's revenge for not buying a Gouf.

THE CURSE OF GOUF
I now live in shame.

So, let's talk about the good:
- It's a neat-looking build.
- Pretty simple instructions, which were good for a beginner.
- The base stores extra hands and the extra tip. Neat.

So, what's the bad?
- Weak construction. It feels so damn cheap.
- Joints are SHIT. The head won't stay in place.
- Color separation. There is none.
- Clear stick things. Three of them?! What the fuck.
- So little value for your money. So basic.
- Almost all the stickers are placed in TERRIBLE places.
- The flower funnels are one color. Why?
- The color is off and not like the one from the show.
- The backpack looks like a bird and it upsets me.

1/10 DO NOT BUY MY GOSH THIS IS SHIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

CorvoSol

The fact that that machine didn't even step off its platform and the pilot herself wasn't even operating it were among the reasons I didn't give a fuck for that mech.

Also because it's from AGE, which has the worst designs in the entire franchise.

This is not cool.

I thought it was just the Advanced Grade kits that were set up like that - I bought a Ghirarga kit from that line, and I assumed that was just Bandai's ways of cutting corners. Guess I learned something today.

Septimus

Hey guys I need some advice. I have a quite a few models (Probably three 1/60 scale, a few more 1/100 etc) about 8 built already and I'm moving from Canada to the US.

Anyone have experience shipping these fragile bad boys before? I have more that aren't built yet and still in the box, so I'm not worried about those as much.

I dunno why we have people posting pictures of weird models that aren't gundam/enemy MS suits in this thread, its a weird event. Lets avoid this from now on please.

Beth Cyra

It's Gundam related. This is the Gundam metaseries OT.
I think Crimson was just making a bad crack at AGE.

That said, other Gunpla modelers myself included welcome non Gunpla in the thread because it doesnt need to be Gundam to help and show modeling irks that work on Gunpla.

RangerBAD

I think Crimson was just making a bad crack at AGE.

That said, other Gunpla modelers myself included welcome non Gunpla in the thread because it doesnt need to be Gundam to help and show modeling irks that work on Gunpla.

Yeah, he probably is. I just thought he meant the figurines.

CorvoSol

I dunno why we have people posting pictures of weird models that aren't gundam/enemy MS suits in this thread, its a weird event. Lets avoid this from now on please.

*snrk*

oh my.... It seems Aila from Gundam Build is getting a figure as well:

L-R: China Kousaka, Aila Jyrkiainen, Rinko Iori (MILFsama)

The real question is what's the Nahel Argama doing back there? I assume it's Unicorn stuff because that makes the most sense.

First volume of The Origin came in the mail today. Haven't read it beyond the bonus essays yet, but damn it's a beautiful book.

I've been buying them as they come out. I've read the first four, and they're fantastic books. They're a bit time consuming to read, as I like to take the time to soak in the art as well.

Hey guys I need some advice. I have a quite a few models (Probably three 1/60 scale, a few more 1/100 etc) about 8 built already and I'm moving from Canada to the US.

Anyone have experience shipping these fragile bad boys before? I have more that aren't built yet and still in the box, so I'm not worried about those as much.
Bubble wrap/newspaper is your friend. Keep bits like v-fins in a separate container.

Acid08

Banned
u1T2TZR.jpg

I bought a thing I found at a store today. 1/60 Shining Gundam. Can't wait to start though it is disappointing that it doesn't come with green hands for hyper mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom