• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Haha, it's not as bad as the Neo Zeong. I still have one going to my parents house back in the states that I'll eventually pick up when I visit later this year. xD

EDIT: OH SHIT found a spot in the UK that has it in stock for a decent price... :O

Tell me more about this "spot"

oh cool, i can't just casually drive up to leeds but it's good to know another site other than gundam mad, think they might be cheaper as well.

Yarp. The Neo Zeong there was more expensive than the japan.cool version. Plus if you ever decide to head up, they have an open showroom 7 days a week.

Reknoc

Yarp. The Neo Zeong there was more expensive than the japan.cool version. Plus if you ever decide to head up, they have an open showroom 7 days a week.

yea I've been having a nosey, seems pretty cool. Ordering that HG Qubeley from them, see how/who their delivery is.

Reknoc

I'm afraid of walking in today and walking out with more. >.<

What if it's like, a real equivalent of the store in Build Fighters?! With its own Rinko... Leeds Rinko... hrm, maybe not.

It does say it's not a store though, as they don't accept cash, but you can still buy stuff with a card I guess? Which still sounds pretty store-y

What if it's like, a real equivalent of the store in Build Fighters?! With its own Rinko... Leeds Rinko... hrm, maybe not.

A Yorkshire Rinko... o.o

It does say it's not a store though, as they don't accept cash, but you can still buy stuff with a card I guess? Which still sounds pretty store-y

tumblr_mdn6s3IGPr1rookq5.jpg

"Do I get 33% discount?"

I said wow.
wooooooooow.
That's too cool, man. Congrats!

Just got my Gunpla Starter Set 2 and... I already fucked up with my nippers. :(
What are some basic nippers that work well for these damn things?

NEO0MJ

also oh hi guys I only just learned about this thread

Hi Crazy.

Edit: donkey show works at Media Molecule?

Used to work there, I think. If I'm not mistaken he's now at Sumo. Correct me DS if I'm wrong.

Holy fuck....

If they don't make a Devil Gundam that size then Bandai is full of idiots.

Devil isn't really popular enough to even make an HG of his scorpion form. Still scratching my head as to why there isn't a model kit of his final form, though. It's not really a huge mobile suit.

That unicorn is 1/144, same scale as the Neo Zeong. I wonder, does the model have the golden ring that forms?

The ring has to be ordered separate from Bandai's own e-shop in Japan, so the only way to get it is via proxy.

Bombless

Damn it donkey, why do you have to tempt me with a EU store? The shipping + import tax from Japan had dissuaded me from getting it. I THOUGHT I WAS OVER THIS.

CorvoSol

The solution to that is of course bringing back G Gundam and forcing it down people's throats!

This sounds like a good strategy to me.

Or just make the Build Devil the villain of S2 of Build Fighters. Nils can be all "Wow a toy that makes more plastic what an amazing science thing" and everybody else will be "IT'S EVIL" and that one really stupid guy on the internet will wonder why everybody is so serious about a game with toys.

Ezalc

The solution to that is of course bringing back G Gundam and forcing it down people's throats!

This sounds like a good strategy to me.

Or just make the Build Devil the villain of S2 of Build Fighters. Nils can be all "Wow a toy that makes more plastic what an amazing science thing" and everybody else will be "IT'S EVIL" and that one really stupid guy on the internet will wonder why everybody is so serious about a game with toys.

Both of these are valid options. As long as we get some Build Spiegel in Corvo's alternative as well.

I'm hitting the ground running on this Gundam stuff. Going to Otakon this weekend and I want to get some kits. So far I've only put together the Build Strike Full Package and I'm not sure what to get next.

Ken

I'm hitting the ground running on this Gundam stuff. Going to Otakon this weekend and I want to get some kits. So far I've only put together the Build Strike Full Package and I'm not sure what to get next.

HG or MG?
What shows do you like?

MG Jesta is a solid pick for anyone IMO.

Ken

I started with HG and I like alot of shows across UC and beyond that. I'm looking to start with some UC kits or SEED/Destiny.

Maybe because it's because I still have a bit of Unicorn hype left in me but I really do find the Master Grade RX-0 suits (Unicorn, Banshee, Phenex) really attractive. The boxes are a little wide though but the Jesta box is a nice shoebox size.

And yeah give MGs a try!

Beth Cyra

What is Ver. Ka? What's the distinction of that branding?
As mentioned a model by Hajime Katoki.

He is a very well know and beloved Mecha designer from lost of stuff and has designed some of the most well know Gundams of all time.

Most well know works

Wing Gundam Zero EW (did all the EW designs) and Unicorn Gundam.

He also designed Master Gundam, Talkers and the rest of the TV Oz designs in Wing.

Maybe because it's because I still have a bit of Unicorn hype left in me but I really do find the Master Grade RX-0 suits (Unicorn, Banshee, Phenex) really attractive. The boxes are a little wide though but the Jesta box is a nice shoebox size.

And yeah give MGs a try!
I'm still not sure what the difference is as I've only done one HG kit so far. Are the MG kits more pieces? I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Seems so daunting.

Acid08

Banned
As mentioned a model by Hajime Katoki.

He is a very well know and beloved Mecha designer from lost of stuff and has designed some of the most well know Gundams of all time.

Most well know works

Wing Gundam Zero EW (did all the EW designs) and Unicorn Gundam.

He also designed Master Gundam, Talkers and the rest of the TV Oz designs in Wing.
Awesome, thanks. So did he design the Crossbone? My reason for asking was because I came across an MG Crossbone that's Ver. Ka branded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom