• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my birthday was on Thursday. Today I went over ny parents house to celebrate my bday.

They got me gubpla for my bday. The hguc victory 2 and the hguc full armor unicorn destroy! Which of these op suits should I build first

RangerBAD

So my birthday was on Thursday. Today I went over ny parents house to celebrate my bday.

They got me gubpla for my bday. The hguc victory 2 and the hguc full armor unicorn destroy! Which of these op suits should I build first

My parents have to always ask me what I want. Your parents actually know what you want. lol

Acid08

Banned
Did Build Fighters ever get a dub? I feel like it would be perfect for Toonami to show like they did with Wing back in the day.

CorvoSol

So I'm rewatching G Gundam for like, the third time and can we talk about how the Devil Gundam can raise the dead?

Like what the heck was Dr. Kasshu thinking on that phase of development?

As a side note, if a woman was the most suitable pilot, who had Dr. Kasshu intended to have pilot the thing?

NEO0MJ

So I'm rewatching G Gundam for like, the third time and can we talk about how the Devil Gundam can raise the dead?

As a side note, if a woman was the most suitable pilot, who had Dr. Kasshu intended to have pilot the thing?

Their main goal was the restoration of the planet. The fact that it can do that meant that raising the dead was probably expected, but I don't think he planned on letting the Ultimate Gundam do that. And I think that finding a suitable female pilot wouldn't have been too hard, just needed the right tests.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

It kinda malfunctioned when it hit the earth...possibly because of Kyoji's emotions as he lay there suffering.

MikeMyers

Hey GundamGAF, I don't post here often but I recently bought Toru Furuya's album Heroes ~ to my Treasure ~ which is a tribute to characters he played in anime like Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. The first track "Nemuttamama dewa" and the last track "Lalah no Yasoukyoku Nocturne" are both dedicated to Amuro Ray. You can read an interview about it here. Thought I'd share it with you guys.

Did Build Fighters ever get a dub? I feel like it would be perfect for Toonami to show like they did with Wing back in the day.

Build Fighters has not been dubbed and probably won't be dubbed for a long while. Sunrise has for whatever reason left us North Americans in the dust with regards to Gundam after Bandai Entertianment got killed and with the exception of Gundam Unicorn, physical releases have dried up over here, none of the shows have been rescued (or are not allowed to be rescued) and any legal streams they give us are sub. only.

Wanted some advice/thoughts on Gunpla if anyone would be so kind to chime in:

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban957469/Gun

I just picked this kit up, never done a MG before. I've also never done the fancy sanding/painting, that I see what Gunpla is all about it seems like. I've been having fun just putting Gundam models together, whatever the size (not that I've done too many) to be honest.

Do you have to sand/glue/etc. on these MG? I guess I'm asking a dumb question which boils down to: I'm doing it wrong aren't I?

CorvoSol

It's kinda sad that the higher grade Zetas are all supposed to be bad, cuz the HGUC Zeta was one of the best kits I've built. 'Course I didn't do the transforming so yeah.

Beth Cyra

It's kinda sad that the higher grade Zetas are all supposed to be bad, cuz the HGUC Zeta was one of the best kits I've built. 'Course I didn't do the transforming so yeah.

The only reason the HG is good is because it drops the Transformation.

Zeta's Transformation has so many moving parts and the legs need to be able to do so much it simply causes issues when being made into a plastic model kit.

See, but I don't really plan on displaying it, no room. So the flimsiness isn't too much of a bother, but just from the few posts, it looks like it's going to be a fun and frustrating experience already!

Acid08

Banned
Any suggestions for which Crossbone MG is worth getting? The only two I can find are the X-1 and the Full Cloth Armor models. I see there's an X-3 too but I'm not having much luck finding it for a decent price.

CorvoSol

Their main goal was the restoration of the planet. The fact that it can do that meant that raising the dead was probably expected, but I don't think he planned on letting the Ultimate Gundam do that. And I think that finding a suitable female pilot wouldn't have been too hard, just needed the right tests.

I had assumed that it's ability was more to take extant life and extrapolate from there, or use fossils or something and recreate. But Zombie Gentle Chapman's possessed corpse walking around for 20ish episodes is crazy. I mean think about it: The Devil Gundam can possess the living among your army as easily as it can claim the dead and put their talents to its own use. I know this thing malfunctioned, but it's still horrifying to think that this potential existed.

Beth Cyra

Any suggestions for which Crossbone MG is worth getting? The only two I can find are the X-1 and the Full Cloth Armor models. I see there's an X-3 too but I'm not having much luck finding it for a decent price.

X-1 and Full Cloth are full releases.

Crossbone X-2 and X-3 are online hobby shop exclusives that get their prices jacked up so they can be far more then they're worth.

X-1 is the much better release.

Full Cloth is just a bunch of stuff bolted on to X-1 and the Full Cloth Amor isn't very good and some of the connections are fucking awful.

Kwixotik

My parents have to always ask me what I want. Your parents actually know what you want. lol

My parents just guess what I want and they're usually very off lol. Also my mom is into quantity over quality so I end up getting stuff like

coffee_talk-430x623.jpg

pTRU1-11713975_alternate1_dt.jpg

There have been a few good things over the years though lol

Acid08

Banned
X-1 and Full Cloth are full releases.

Crossbone X-2 and X-3 are online hobby shop exclusives that get their prices jacked up so they can be far more then they're worth.

X-1 is the much better release.

Full Cloth is just a bunch of stuff bolted on to X-1 and the Full Cloth Amor isn't very good and some of the connections are fucking awful.
Thanks, I'll go for the X-1. Also crazy how many versions of the Deathscythe there are.

Beth Cyra

Thanks, I'll go for the X-1. Also crazy how many versions of the Deathscythe there are.

Well Deathscythe currently has 5 major versions I think?

Deathscythe TV/EW
Deathscythe Hell TV/EW
Warlock.

You have about 16 if you count stuff like Deathscythe Innocent and Deathsycthe Guilty.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had assumed that it's ability was more to take extant life and extrapolate from there, or use fossils or something and recreate. But Zombie Gentle Chapman's possessed corpse walking around for 20ish episodes is crazy. I mean think about it: The Devil Gundam can possess the living among your army as easily as it can claim the dead and put their talents to its own use. I know this thing malfunctioned, but it's still horrifying to think that this potential existed.

It's basically the most amazing/terrifying weapon ever created in any Gundam Universe, up there with Turn A/X.

My RX-78-2 got delayed until Tuesday. :(
I guess I'll panel-line the pink statue until then.

How much is the 7-11 Unicorn Gundam worth?
There's one on Amazon for $40+ and I'm tempted...

Wubby

I kind of wish I had bought a second 7-11 Unicorn. The 7-11 Unicorns sold out fast. cost 1800yen so at $40 it's only a bit more than double. Not bad if that includes shipping and in US.

shipped? that sounds ok given that it's an import item

I kind of wish I had bought a second 7-11 Unicorn. The 7-11 Unicorns sold out fast. cost 1800yen so at $40 it's only a bit more than double. Not bad if that includes shipping and in US.
It actually costs like, $50.
I think I'll just get the HG full-armor Unicorn Gundam and use the rest for another HG or something.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wanted some advice/thoughts on Gunpla if anyone would be so kind to chime in:

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban957469/Gun

I just picked this kit up, never done a MG before. I've also never done the fancy sanding/painting, that I see what Gunpla is all about it seems like. I've been having fun just putting Gundam models together, whatever the size (not that I've done too many) to be honest.

Do you have to sand/glue/etc. on these MG? I guess I'm asking a dumb question which boils down to: I'm doing it wrong aren't I?

Most mg doesn't need glue, however once in a while you run into some loose part or accidentally sanded the connector. Just use normal super glue.

If you want to remove seamlines (the thin line between 2 connecting pieces) you will need special glue and sand paper.

Sand paper, clipper, and hobby knife is a must to remove nodes, otherwise it will look bad and hurt the plastic.

Painting look nice but it is optional, a lot of mg looks great without it.

You may still want to do panel line with micro pen, and buy a can of top coat, it is very easy and made a huge difference.

This video should cover all the basic of you don't want to paint.

http://youtu.be/U2F7zVuaf4U

Broke the faceplate on my V2.

I'm not even sure what happened. I was cutting the piece out of its tray, and when when I snapped it out , the piece broke in half. I'm trying to super glue it back together, but I dunno. I'm sure there is some sort of fix. Maybe I can just glue both pieces directly to the head lol

Edit: The operation was a success. The super glue held, and I was able to put the face plate on the head. There is a noticeable crack, but it doesn't look bad.

Enron

Banned

I'm not even sure what happened. I was cutting the piece out of its tray, and when when I snapped it out , the piece broke in half. I'm trying to super glue it back together, but I dunno. I'm sure there is some sort of fix. Maybe I can just glue both pieces directly to the head lol

Yeah man. the real small pieces, the thin ones...you need to be extra careful. what i do with those, is that i dont try to snip them out at the connecting points - i cut the thick runner frame instead until i have a chunk of the runner that contains the piece, then i take my knife to remove the piece from the now-sectioned sprue. This way you dont end up cracking a piece from the force of snipping it close.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

87038.jpg

^ Instead of being a glue, this thing melt the plastic to hold 2 pieces together. You just need to sand it back to flat surface after it cured.

If the damage is really bad you might need some filler to go between the 2 pieces.

Wubby

Hnnnggggg.... Kshatriya Repaired is only 2980yen on Yodobashi... that's like 60% off the regular 7020yen msrp... I didn't want the repaired kit but that's tempting at that price.

Acid08

Banned
Amuro Ray:

Says he doesn't want to pilot the Gundam, gets the shit slapped out of him by Bright. Fraw Bow calls him a big whining baby.

Kira Yamato:

Is comforted by everyone when he so much as stubs his toe.

Fuck you Kira Yamato.

Acid08

Banned
Ramba Ral was just introduced and he's supposed to be all crazy badass....but when he's on screen all I see is Mr. Ral complaining about his itchy butt.

Ken

Maybe if you were to include a particle effect, but on a stationary Gundam model it doesn't really look great. At least not neon green.

defnitely more of a teal than neon green on the awakened version and not the 7/11 one lol

I think it looks good on the RD version.

Which I just preordered now... >.<

that's pretty nice though so expensive. are you paying this off with the neo zeong money lol

that's pretty nice though so expensive. are you paying this off with the neo zeong money lol

Haha, it's not as bad as the Neo Zeong. I still have one going to my parents house back in the states that I'll eventually pick up when I visit later this year. xD

EDIT: OH SHIT found a spot in the UK that has it in stock for a decent price... :O

Well, that's that. Cancelled the preorder going to the states and bought the Neo Zeong locally which I'll hopefully pickup later after work. FUCK YOU STUPID SHIPPING AND UK CUSTOMS! :D

1yW1hD6.jpg

EDIT: YAS! Just got the confirmation and will be picking it up after work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom