• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"-The surviving spacenoids from the UC era, you might call them remnants, build their own place on the far side of the moon and oppose the capital tower."

Dat Side 3

"-The Cuntara are the people who became food when mankind turned to cannibalism at the brink of extinction. They represent the problem of racism, the horrors of the collapse of society, and the depths of human sin"

What.

RangerBAD

"-The surviving spacenoids from the UC era, you might call them remnants, build their own place on the far side of the moon and oppose the capital tower."

Dat Side 3

"-The Cuntara are the people who became food when mankind turned to cannibalism at the brink of extinction. They represent the problem of racism, the horrors of the collapse of society, and the depths of human sin"

What.

The translation might have errors. Although I wouldn't put it past Tomino. That's one way to Kill 'em All.

So Tomino says he wants to make a show for younger people, but doesn't it air at like 1 or 2 AM? I have a feeling that 10 year old won't be watching this and with Tomino directing people much older will be watching.

Reknoc

What.

they sound like a bunch of cunt...aras

G Gundam 20

So Holland (Windmill), Norway (Viking) and Spain (Matador) are trying to one-up Neo Mexico for the most stereotypical looking Gundam in the series. I'm only 3 minutes into the episode and yet and this will likely be what stands out for me. That said, Holland's Gundam will likely will the prize for the Silliest Mech I've ever seen.

Also why did they change Canada's Gundam from Lumber Gundam to Grizzly Gundam in the dub? The Gundam is supposed to be a Lumberjack, not a grizzly bear.

Ezalc

G Gundam 20

So Holland (Windmill), Norway (Viking) and Spain (Matador) are trying to one-up Neo Mexico for the most stereotypical looking Gundam in the series. I'm only 3 minutes into the episode and yet and this will likely be what stands out for me. That said, Holland's Gundam will likely will the prize for the Silliest Mech I've ever seen.

Also why did they change Canada's Gundam from Lumber Gundam to Grizzly Gundam in the dub? The Gundam is supposed to be a Lumberjack, not a grizzly bear.

When it becomes playable in a version of Gundam Extreme vs you will be eating those words!!

CorvoSol

G Gundam 20

I think the most unfortunately stereotypical Gundam is Neo Kenya's Zebra Gundam, myself.

I think the most unfortunately stereotypical Gundam is Neo Kenya's Zebra Gundam, myself.

Just saw the design and it's... unfortunate.

G Gundam 20 part 2

Domon continues to master his training with the help of Von Kaiser Ninja while Master Asia returns to kill the new Shuffle Alliance with aerial and aqua dark army's in his erm, army.

Oh and Orgasmic Rain returns after 7 episodes for everyone's enjoyment.

She's going to sound like that every time she activates the trace system isn't she?

G Gundam 25

The Gundam designs. My god. I honestly can't figure out which wins the prize for the silliest Gundam and this is a show where we have a mech that looks like a windmill. Most stereotypical isn't that hard to figure out (Kenya).

And if Master Asia doesn't have the most hilariously awesome (re-)introduction in the Gundam franchise than I request that you show me whatever you think is better than a Giant robot riding a equally giant robot horse to a battle arena

Acid08

Banned
The best thing about Fuunsaiki is that it's literally a horse piloting the suit.

Also, hey guys here's a question: Why does Katz suck so fucking bad? Such a lame.

PhiLonius

The best thing about Fuunsaiki is that it's literally a horse piloting the suit.

Also, hey guys here's a question: Why does Katz suck so fucking bad? Such a lame.

I would post the obligatory clip that shows the height of his shittiness, but I'm guessing you haven't gotten that far and I don't want to spoil it for you.

Buying a couple of High Grades to get into the full Gunpla experience. I've bought and built other Master Grades, but I want to get into painting, sanding, and all that jazz.

Picked up an Exia Dark Matter at Otakon. Will probably grab a 1.5 Gundam, Age-2 Normal, and 00 Gundam Seven Sword. Any other decent HGs in the same vein?

Now to find some tutorials and whatnot.

Acid08

Banned
BaxrsE5.jpg

Awwww yeah! Can't wait to start this thing, too bad the box had a bit of damage on it. All the plastic appears to be fine though. Just looking at the pieces it looks like it'll be kinda small.

Serious question which is the sillier-looking Gundam. The Windmill Gundam or the Mermaid Gundam? It is a question of great importance that must be answered!

G Gundam 29

Erm, Domon I think your Shining Gundam is still at the Guyana highlands. You're supposed to be calling for Burning Gundam right now.

Ezalc

Nether Gundam is amazing. My vote is for the Matador Gundam as the worst one. I don't even remember if that's it's name but it's still awful.

G Gundam 30

Here we are introduced to a rare breed in G Gundam universe, a female Gundam fighter (No Rain doesn't count). Seriously though, why is there only one female Gundam fighter in the entire series.

Also I don't recall Sweden having any kind of culture around school girl outfits nor do I recall Sailor Moon being especially big in Sweden.

PhiLonius

G Gundam 30

Here we are introduced to a rare breed in G Gundam universe, a female Gundam fighter (No Rain doesn't count). Seriously though, why is there only one female Gundam fighter in the entire series.

Because Allenby was so awesome there was no need to create another female character.

CorvoSol

G Gundam 30

Also I don't recall Sweden having any kind of culture around school girl outfits nor do I recall Sailor Moon being especially big in Sweden.

Technically the previous Black Joker counts, too. But yeah, serious lack of female Gundam Fighters.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
G Gundam 30

Because Imagawa wanted to put a Four Murasame proxy in his series

As for any cultural significance, Allenby and Nobel gundam are basically Neo Japan suit 2. That wouldn't make sense tho so they just picked Sweden I guess

RangerBAD

She's going to sound like that every time she activates the trace system isn't she?

Damn right!

G Gundam 30

Didn't sailor uniforms come from the Dutch/German?

tensuke

They probably have a real windmill piloting the Nether Gundam, too.

4HzDhvj.jpg

I don't know if you've finished the last few eps yet, but yeah. Katz sucks. I wish they hadn't used one of the kids from White Base and instead created a new character. I can't watch 0079 without hating him, knowing that in the future, he da lame.

Acid08

Banned
I did finish it and laughed out loud when Katz
crashed into that rock and then got shot down. His incredibly stupid death was so fitting for his character.

I was kinda up and down with Zeta overall. I liked a lot of the stuff focused on the new characters but whenever Amuro and Char were around(a lot) it almost always felt like the show became completely about them, especially in Amuro's appearance. I also didn't like how they were ripping exact scenes and events from 0079, how many Lalah parallels did we need in this show? Jerid was an awful rival too and
his eventual death was incredibly lame, he got destroyed like he was nothing....but then I realized he was actually nothing the whole time!

Really liked the last handful of episodes, great ending too. Emma Sheen is cool too.

tensuke

I did finish it and laughed out loud when Katz
crashed into that rock and then got shot down. His incredibly stupid death was so fitting for his character.

I was kinda up and down with Zeta overall. I liked a lot of the stuff focused on the new characters but whenever Amuro and Char were around(a lot) it almost always felt like the show became completely about them, especially in Amuro's appearance. I also didn't like how they were ripping exact scenes and events from 0079, how many Lalah parallels did we need in this show? Jerid was an awful rival too and
his eventual death was incredibly lame, he got destroyed like he was nothing....but then I realized he was actually nothing the whole time!

Really liked the last handful of episodes, great ending too. Emma Sheen is cool too.
Ending went straight up DBZ lol.
Here, take my life force! Take all of our energy! What is that light? Arggh!
But then again, that's only the beginning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom