• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about gundam breaker?

It's a fun game. The cutomization is cool and I had a good time playing with others online.

Also remember that I enjoy Gundam games for what they are. I recognize the quality isn't the same as other, better games.

Did you play Unicorn? Side Stories takes some aspects of the space combat from that and improves upon it.

Acid08

Banned
Finished lining Fenice's head:

ZTzc4ny.jpg

Came out okay for my first time methinks. Still not super happy with it but whatever. Having a hard time with the Gundam Markers tbh, they seem too thick for some of the tiny ass lines on this thing.

Then I decided to line one of the arms on Shining just to see the difference:

Looks much better, will be doing the whole model. Seems like it'll be much easier since it's just waaaaaay bigger.

Shouta

Mega derp, I grabbed SHin Gundam Musou instead of Side Stories. >_>

I guess that works though. I'll pick up Side stories tomorrow.

Keasar

I'd say you should tackle your problems one at a time and deal with the piping first.

I won't be putting together it for a while, wanna do the HG models first. Seems like people are very cautious about the piping, is that the coils that go around the Zaku on the head, torso and up the legs?

muteki

I thought the piping on the RG zakus was much easier to deal with than previous MG/PG models I have assembled, despite being so small. I really liked how they lined them all up on the sprue so you can push the center cable through all the individual pieces at once, then pull the whole assembly out with just your fingers, no clippers needed.

Not sure if this was a new method to the RG or had existed in the later MG releases (only worked with the old MG Gouf and PG Zaku) but it wasn't bad on the RG at all.

CorvoSol

How about gundam breaker?

I really enjoyed Gundam Breaker. I have it for PSV. Lots of neat customization, some cool missions, pretty fun gameplay. Perfect for picking it up and putting it down without any problem. The only complaint I have is it can be sort of grindy to get that one part of that one rare Gundam you want, but otherwise it's a fun game that's even easy for nonJapanese speakin' plebs like me.

Mega derp, I grabbed SHin Gundam Musou instead of Side Stories. >_>

I guess that works though. I'll pick up Side stories tomorrow.

I need to grab a copy of Side Stories. I preordered it but ended up canceling near the release date. :(

Here is hopeing I find a good deal.

RangerBAD

I've wanted to watch that series because a few people who are Babylon 5 fans say it reminds them of B5. Thoughts on that?

As a Babylon 5 fan I didn't feel they were similar at all. LotGH is just on a whole other scale. Babylon 5 deals with way different subject matter. LotGH is very political and character driven. It's not about existentialism in the least bit. Babylon 5 was very sci-fi, but LotGH is more hard science fiction. The battles are drawn out and very realistically timed.

Shouta

I really enjoyed Gundam Breaker. I have it for PSV. Lots of neat customization, some cool missions, pretty fun gameplay. Perfect for picking it up and putting it down without any problem. The only complaint I have is it can be sort of grindy to get that one part of that one rare Gundam you want, but otherwise it's a fun game that's even easy for nonJapanese speakin' plebs like me.

Sounds nice. Only problem is the Vita version is like 30 bucks+ still where the PS3 version is 13, lol. I'll stick with the PS3 version unless I can find a super cheap Vita one.,

how do you even mix up the two lol

They were next to each other with stickers all over and I had a huge stack of games.

Sounds nice. Only problem is the Vita version is like 30 bucks+ still where the PS3 version is 13, lol. I'll stick with the PS3 version unless I can find a super cheap Vita one.,

They were next to each other with stickers all over and I had a huge stack of games.

Is this in Seattle or are you back in Japan?

tensuke

Aww it thinks it's people.

Damn, I really need to finish my SD Neo Zeong. I painted a few pieces and never had the time to come back to it and put it together. Perhaps I'll pick it up from home this weekend.

I think I've really been waiting to get a cute nendoroid to put in the torso

I thought the piping on the RG zakus was much easier to deal with than previous MG/PG models I have assembled, despite being so small. I really liked how they lined them all up on the sprue so you can push the center cable through all the individual pieces at once, then pull the whole assembly out with just your fingers, no clippers needed.

Not sure if this was a new method to the RG or had existed in the later MG releases (only worked with the old MG Gouf and PG Zaku) but it wasn't bad on the RG at all.

The assembly really isn't that bad, but you have to be careful when posing and just touching them because (in my experience at least on the RG Zaku) they pop out fairly easily which sends the pieces flying all over the place.

The assembly really isn't that bad, but you have to be careful when posing and just touching them because (in my experience at least on the RG Zaku) they pop out fairly easily which sends the pieces flying all over the place.

Exactly. It pops off and youre gonna be scrambling to pick up those tiny pieces all over your room.

Acid08

Banned
TURN A TURN

TURN A TURN

TUUUUUUURRRRNNNNN AAAAAAAAAAA

that op has really grown on me

And I'm not down with these moonrace Burning Man people

As a Babylon 5 fan I didn't feel they were similar at all. LotGH is just on a whole other scale. Babylon 5 deals with way different subject matter. LotGH is very political and character driven. It's not about existentialism in the least bit. Babylon 5 was very sci-fi, but LotGH is more hard science fiction. The battles are drawn out and very realistically timed.

Never watched Babylon 5, sorry.

Thanks for the brief comparison and no problem because Ranger gave me the run down I was looking for. :)

G Gundam 49

Okay, I admit it, Domon and Rain to make a good couple and it was heartwarming to see them admit their love too one another
Poor Allenby...

With that I have now finished Mobile Fighter G Gundam, a show that is not like any other in the franchise. Were there faults in the show? Yes. Was it corny and narmy? Big Time! Was it fun to watch despite that!? Hell Yeah!

Now to finish Awakening of the Trailblazer.
Help me...

Shouta

I watched Awakening just after finishing OO. Honestly, it's not too bad aside from the antagonists being totally out of left field. It makes sense for what all the crazy hubbub about the tech was for in the TV show as well.

Blader

I watched Awakening just after finishing OO. Honestly, it's not too bad aside from the antagonists being totally out of left field. It makes sense for what all the crazy hubbub about the tech was for in the TV show as well.

And it has Graham doing awesome shit again.

Actually, I really liked that Lockon, Al, and Graham did most of the fighting, and it wasn't another Setsuna vs. Big Bad ending again.

I thought they had spent a good time in the show building up what came in the movie

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I thought they had spent a good time in the show building up what came in the movie

Problem was that the movie didn't deliver. Not the concept of an alien threat

I still don't understand why space suit ribbons was turning people into metal

tensuke

Problem was that the movie didn't deliver. Not the concept of an alien threat

I still don't understand why space suit ribbons was turning people into metal

Space Suit Ribbons
was just the ELSs taking the body of one of the astronauts who went to Jupiter on the Europa 100 years ago. Remember that they came from Jupiter, which is where the Europa went to develop the GN drives, and Ribbons was an Innovade, so there were other Innovades with the same body. A different Innovade was on the Europa when it went to Jupiter, and eventually it got attacked by ELSs and that's why there's an ELS Ribbons.
So it was really more of a coincidence than anything.

And
ELSs were turning other beings into metal so that they could understand each other and communicate with other beings. But once Setsuna went to their homeworld and interfaced with them or whatever he was able to understand and communicate with them back, letting them know that their methods of communication were harmful to earth's people, and so they stopped.
At least that's my take on it.

Enron

Banned

Of all the people to defend that horrible piece of shit, I never thought it would be you

Bombless

What the hell. Went to the local models store and apparently they stopped getting Gundams. I missed a great sale on their entire stock (which I suspect wasn't much to begin with) but that means no Neo Zeong for me.

Although there is a candy toy version coming out...

tensuke

What the hell. Went to the local models store and apparently they stopped getting Gundams. I missed a great sale on their entire stock (which I suspect wasn't much to begin with) but that means no Neo Zeong for me.

Although there is a candy toy version coming out...

will eat all at once and cry my mistake into the toilet

A Wakening of the Trailblazer. Warning: unmarked spoilers!

To give you an idea of my opinion of this film, in my first attempt to watch it I stopped 45 minutes in. When I decided to finish it months later, I did not start from the beginning.

Lets get the good out of the way:

Animation is top-notch
I like Feldt's new design
Hallelujahs return, however short it may be.

Everything else is on par with 00 season 2 I.E utter crap. The aliens come out of left field and are given a very fuzzily explained backstory and a completely stupid ending (Space flower? Are you shitting me?) The story itself is rushed and underdeveloped, with plot points either getting little expansion or drooped as soon as they are brought up.

Character development is best described as static, no one really develops and no one changes in any real way. They focus a bit of time on Feldt and her crush on Setsuna but nothing amounts to it like everything else in the film and just reminds me of how 00 season 2 didn't use Feldt to her full potential. Half of the characters in the film are completely useless and serve no purpose. The Nena look-alike whatever her name was, gets introduced just so she can give Katagiri blue balls and nothing else (exposition for the audience doesn't count).

The Action can best be described as a laser light show. Seriously this shit is on par with Jesus Yamato's ultimate beam spam technique (A.K.A The Beams of God) at best it's boring to watch after a while at worst it's schizophrenic and hard to follow.

Oh and the new Gundam designs are underwhelming.

The movie just sucked. I honestly can't believe I spent money on this. if nothing else, it's the perfect lead up to the worst Gundam show i've ever seen.

Next Gundam show will be Wing. But first Wolf's Rain.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Raphael is the dumbest looking gundam ever.

From best suit in S1 to that Rip Tieria

PhiLonius

00 S1 starts off ok then goes downhill about halfway through, but it's never gets as bad as S2 does.

ZZ is by far a better show with a much better cast of characters.

RangerBAD

So is the first season of 00 worth watching? I'm choosing between that and ZZ for my next series after I finish∀.

You can ignore Gundam 00. Just listen to Kenji Kawai's OSTs (I'm sort of mixed about his worked on this) and the Daybreak Bell single.

Keasar

First Gundam model (almost) complete.

yHKlCPL.jpg

Waiting with the decals for now as I am waiting for a package of Micro Set and Micro Sol to make them sit better on the figure. Pretty satisfied with it anyway for a first attempt, was fun and relaxing to make something that I could physically hold in my hand for a change. :)

Think I'm gonna make the Ez-8 after this one.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam X

Soooo is this one of those shows that takes awhile to pick up the pace? Cuz that was a little rough for a start. It's certainly an interesting premise, though. "What if nobody had won the One Year War?" I also like that the Gundam is one of a mass-produced line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom