• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBAD

Mobile Suit Gundam X

Soooo is this one of those shows that takes awhile to pick up the pace? Cuz that was a little rough for a start. It's certainly an interesting premise, though. "What if nobody had won the One Year War?" I also like that the Gundam is one of a mass-produced line.

It's one of those shows that couldn't do much because it cut a lot of episodes. I thought it was pretty good overall. It deserved better.

Ezalc

Raphael is the dumbest looking gundam ever.

From best suit in S1 to that Rip Tieria

What? Best suit in 00 was Dynames c'mon now. It's green, it's a sniper, and it has a shield cloak, and best of all aside from being green it has the best character as it's pilot.

Acid08

Banned
I think the first season of 00 is okay. The mechs are good, at the very least.

ZZ is the better show by far, though.

00 S1 starts off ok then goes downhill about halfway through, but it's never gets as bad as S2 does.

ZZ is by far a better show with a much better cast of characters.

You can ignore Gundam 00. Just listen to Kenji Kawai's OSTs (I'm sort of mixed about his worked on this) and the Daybreak Bell single.

Don't even bother with 00. Haven't seen ZZ but it can't be as bad as 00

Thanks everyone! I'll be honest, the reason I want to watch 00 is because I thought the Exia was super cool in GBF :lol but yeah, I'll go with ZZ next. Will still get to 00 eventually I think.

PhiLonius

Mobile Suit Gundam X

Soooo is this one of those shows that takes awhile to pick up the pace? Cuz that was a little rough for a start. It's certainly an interesting premise, though. "What if nobody had won the One Year War?" I also like that the Gundam is one of a mass-produced line.

It has its moments, but it does drag at certain parts and has some crappy villains. But it was never really allowed to reach its full potential.

It just sort of ends in the middle of somethi

CorvoSol

Thanks everyone! I'll be honest, the reason I want to watch 00 is because I thought the Exia was super cool in GBF :lol but yeah, I'll go with ZZ next. Will still get to 00 eventually I think.

Exia is pretty cool. 00 has cool mechs. But ZZ is still a much, much better show.

It has its moments, but it does drag at certain parts and has some crappy villains. But it was never really allowed to reach its full potential.

It just sort of ends in the middle of somethi

Haha. If nothing else, it'll be worth it just to put the notch in my belt, since I think this and Igloo are the last Gundam animations I haven't watched.

Ezalc

Hoping for Build Spiegel or something. But this is good, always nice having a tournament shounen alongside other anime.

NEO0MJ

It looks like the models from Reconguista in G will be using florescent parts. I think it looks pretty nice.

G-Self_glow.jpg~original

All I'm saying is there better be a suit with a mustache in GBF2.

I'm sure there will. We already got this in GBF1!

13541163934_672a4e2681_o.png

Hey GundamGAF. I'm planning on watching the compilation movie trilogy for Mobile Suit Gundam. I'm wondering which audio track I should use, the theatrical or special edition?

Keasar

I'm considering getting one of those Gundam line markers for panel details, those with a thin tip to go in the grooves. I found two that you can order, black and grey and I'm wondering what the different advantages are between them? Should I go for black first and foremost?

Bombless

I'm considering getting one of those Gundam line markers for panel details, those with a thin tip to go in the grooves. I found two that you can order, black and grey and I'm wondering what the different advantages are between them? Should I go for black first and foremost?

Some people prefer grey, others prefer black. I prefer black because it accentuates lines better.

So is the first season of 00 worth watching? I'm choosing between that and ZZ for my next series after I finish∀.
00 S1 is pretty good, but it benefits a lot if you watch it after a ton of the typically structured Gundam shows and you're into how western scifi does stuff.

Acid08

Banned
I've been using grey for light colors and black for darker colors, it looks pretty good.

What scale model are you working with? I've been having trouble with them and this 144 kits, some of the lines are just so tiny.

Keasar

Gouf Custom is done! Easily my favorite so far. This is starting to become addicting, too much fun putting these together.

Some people prefer grey, others prefer black. I prefer black because it accentuates lines better.

Gray for white and yellow parts, black for blue, red and other darker ones.

I've been using grey for light colors and black for darker colors, it looks pretty good.

What scale model are you working with? I've been having trouble with them and this 144 kits, some of the lines are just so tiny.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll consider getting each of the colors. Currently I am working with the 1/144 kits but I am really now considering getting the Master Grade 1/100 Gouf Custom because of how much I am enjoying building these and since it is my favorite Mobile Suit so far.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I just put the gunpla box on my lap and build the model on top of the box.

Anyone own a MG Qubeley can do some quick measurement for me? I have a non scaled Qubeley that I need to order decal for, but I don't know whether I should use 1:100 or 1:144 one.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just ordered the markers,but this is my first kit so far.

photo.jpg

I've got some minor polishing to do as well. Yes, I'm working on his arms, but I took a short break. I want a large Wing, but this was the 1/100 MG Proto Zero Gundam. I'd like something larger. I'm probably more familiar with G Wing, but I'm not confident I'd commit on a Gundam unless I enjoyed the series it was from.

Beth Cyra

I just ordered the markers,but this is my first kit so far.

photo.jpg

I've got some minor polishing to do as well. Yes, I'm working on his arms, but I took a short break. I want a large Wing, but this was the 1/100 MG Proto Zero Gundam. I'd like something larger. I'm probably more familiar with G Wing, but I'm not confident I'd commit on a Gundam unless I enjoyed the series it was from.

Zero is great and really simple.

Possibly the best transforming Gundam kit with a mobile armor mode, largely because it's so simple but that makes it nice when turning it into a Model kit.

As far as larger goes, they have the 1/60 No Grade Wing Gundam Zero TV version, and the WZ EW PG, but WZ EW PG is probably EW's worst version out side of the HG Fighting Action EW Kits.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Zero is great and really simple.

Possibly the best transforming Gundam kit with a mobile armor mode, largely because it's so simple but that makes it nice when turning it into a Model kit.

As far as larger goes, they have the 1/60 No Grade Wing Gundam Zero TV version, and the WZ EW PG, but WZ EW PG is probably EW's worst version out side of the HG Fighting Action EW Kits.

Thanks, that would be great to own.

So is the first season of 00 worth watching? I'm choosing between that and ZZ for my next series after I finish∀.

Watch it all. Start ZZ as watching 00 and then downgrading to ZZ might be a bit jarring. Make your opinion of it as I love 00 and ZZ was just decent imho.

Acid08

Banned
Watch it all. Start ZZ as watching 00 and then downgrading to ZZ might be a bit jarring. Make your opinion of it as I love 00 and ZZ was just decent imho.
Well the oldness doesn't bother me at all as long as the characters and stories are good. For example, Seed is trash even though it's all sparkly and visually pleasing* while MSG is overall much more engaging.

*this does not include the characters

Beth Cyra

Thanks, that would be great to own.

A word of warning, try to avoid Ebay for Wing Zero 1/60 No Grade, at times people will really try to jack up the price.

For this thing you never want to pay more then 50 at the VERY most before shipping. They don't get reprints super often, but if you keep an HLJ you can get the Wing/Zero/Shining/God 1/60ths a few times a year, so never give into the high prices on Ebay unless you just NEED it RIGHT NOW.

Well the oldness doesn't bother me at all as long as the characters and stories are good. For example, Seed is trash even though it's all sparkly and visually pleasing* while MSG is overall much more engaging.

*this does not include the characters

ZZ is mad trash in the beginning. Don't let the UC hard fans fool you.

Acid08

Banned
See I'm a ZZ faithful and think the majority of UC is meh to straight garbage.

So far my UC stuff ranks

Crossbone
F91
MSG
Zeta

Of those I think Crossbone is excellent, F91 is great, MSG is good, and Zeta is okay. The alternate timeline series have fared much better for me so far.

WarRock

Just saw this thread while searching for more info on G no Reconquista! Hi GundamGAF =D

Now, the thing that got me to post here is: there is a Gundam-san anime? What the hell, I must watch it, the manga is amazing. Haro and Ordinary Zaku stories are the best.

Beth Cyra

So far my UC stuff ranks

Crossbone
F91
MSG
Zeta

Of those I think Crossbone is excellent, F91 is great, MSG is good, and Zeta is okay. The alternate timeline series have fared much better for me so far.

I would actually agree with F91/Crossbone to some degree as I love Seabook.

MSG and Zeta I just don't think are great, though 0079 has its really high points.

CorvoSol

Fellow GAF member Samurai_Heart posted this in the figures OT. I thought you guys might be interested :

Man I'm really wavering back and forth on whether or not I like the Build Burning. Something about the head looks too much like the Strike.

I would actually agree with F91/Crossbone to some degree as I love Seabook.

MSG and Zeta I just don't think are great, though 0079 has its really high points.

I think MSG sorta rotates. It can get really, really dull at times but then unexpectedly throw stuff like Ramba Ral or Ryu Jose's stand at you. Zeta I think people understate its issues while for some inexplicable reason also feeling the need to overstate ZZ's.

But whatever you do, Acid, don't watch AGE. Nobody deserves to see Pedophile Space Hitler's Nuclear Holocaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom