• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are worse Gundam names. Like Kira Yamato. How on the nose can you get, Fukuda?

Jamitov Hyman and Quatro Vagina are pretty bad too, but in an endearing sort of way.

Andrew J.

ZZ Gundam 03

Bahaha, look at this douchebag with his cape and his rose. I would say he's a parody of one of Sailor Moon's four generals if the show wasn't about a decade too early.

I can't decide if Bright giving Judau a chance because the last two kids who stole a Gundam worked out is stupid, brilliant, or somehow both at the same time.

ZZ is much more self-aware than the previous entries, to its benefit. You can tell even Mashymre's subordinates think he's a dumbass.

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 03

Bahaha, look at this douchebag with his cape and his rose. I would say he's a parody of one of Sailor Moon's four generals if the show wasn't about a decade too early.

I can't decide if Bright giving Judau a chance because the last two kids who stole a Gundam worked out is stupid, brilliant, or somehow both at the same time.

ZZ is much more self-aware than the previous entries, to its benefit. You can tell even Mashymre's subordinates think he's a dumbass.

It's both. In ZZ Gundam it is always, always both.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Starting my first Gunpla tonight.

Any suggestions on which one to go with?

OSD0hAo.jpg

Blader

So, what was he supposed to be?

The impression I got from the ova was that he was
a clone of char possessed by the ghost of char
, as nonsensical as it might sound.

In the novel,
Full Frontal is just some guy who undergoes a bunch of cyber-Newtype experiments and surgeries to become a clone of Char. He was deliberately engineered by the Republic of Zeon to act as a sort of lightning rod for all the scattered Zeon remnants to gather around before the calendar hits UC 100 and they have to give up their independence.

In the OVA, it's way less clear. :lol But the implication from the last episode, and notes/commentary about the script from the writer, is that
Frontal was also just some guy who was turned into a cyber-Newtype Char clone for likely the same reasons in the novel (though these are never actually discussed), UNTIL the last episode where he actually is channeling (or possessed by) a piece of the real Char's ghost, the part of him that couldn't move on after CCA and was still seeking revenge against the Federation. When Frontal gives up in the end, the real Char reclaims that piece of his soul, effectively killing/reabsorbing Frontal in the process.

Acid08

Banned
Accidentally broke a couple pieces on one of the F91's VSBRs. Fuckfuckfuckfuck.

Super glue works okay to put them back together? They're pretty clean breaks so I think I can still make them look okay.

PhiLonius

Full Frontal is
actually a clone of Char possessed by the ghost of Char who is in turn possessed by the ghost of Katz, who has returned to take revenge on the asteroid he crashed into that wronged him.

Starting my first Gunpla tonight.

Any suggestions on which one to go with?

Aile Strike

Acid08

Banned
Finished Unicorn. That was like the ultimate feel good series. Really loved it, Newtype nonsense and all.

NO MORE LALAH AND CHAR PLEASE. Surprised Amuro's ghost didn't show up at all though, he was relegated to a creepy picture in Bright's office.

Ken

Finished Unicorn. That was like the ultimate feel good series. Really loved it, Newtype nonsense and all.

NO MORE LALAH AND CHAR PLEASE. Surprised Amuro's ghost didn't show up at all though, he was relegated to a creepy picture in Bright's office.

amuro's ghost was there

CorvoSol

Accidentally broke a couple pieces on one of the F91's VSBRs. Fuckfuckfuckfuck.

Super glue works okay to put them back together? They're pretty clean breaks so I think I can still make them look okay.

When I broke the Wing F's v crest I used superglue. It can be touch and go but I found it works.

Full Frontal: worst Gundam character name? He'd certainly be near the top.

Not when there are people named Revive Revival

yami4ct

Like it or not, 00 is still the best Gundam tv series made in the 21st century :D

Well, do you count the fact that Turn A ended in 2000 as making it part of the 21st century? If so, the best gundam show ever was made in the 21st century. If not, I might be able to give that to you as the only other decent post-2000 Gundam show is SEED and I probably like 00 more.

You will find no stauncher defender of 00 Season 1 than me. I love that part of the show. Characters are mostly pretty interesting, gundam designs are super fun and I really love the animation.

Season 2 to A Wakening are absolute dogshit and absolutely ruin the 00 universe to me. They at least have decent animation and designs I love, so I guess there's that.

Acid08

Banned
Devil Gundam Custom Build. I want to wear this every single day of my life.

Also started 00, didn't really like it at first but I'm kinda warming up to it after six episodes. Story seems cool but man, having a hard time getting into the characters. They're all fitting into their archetypes and don't stand out. Also they all look like shit.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Whelp here are some legs.
The left leg was stenciled (?) with a 0.5mm, probably 2H, mechanical pencil.
I bought some 2B and HB lead to see how they work on some other body parts.
The right leg was done by the grey and brown fine Gundam marker.
enqgXthl.jpg

xCVu5WKl.jpg

EDIT: Ugh. Why aren't these showing up on my desktop? Mobile works fine, and no, I'm not running adblock.

Also started 00, didn't really like it at first but I'm kinda warming up to it after six episodes. Story seems cool but man, having a hard time getting into the characters. They're all fitting into their archetypes and don't stand out. Also they all look like shit.

Don't get too attached to the story. It looks good now but give it some time, it will show its true colors.

It gets better, and as long as you don't pay to much attention to some of the weird way to convenient plot and character moments for literally no reason in the second season, it really is great.

RangerBAD

Once you hit season 2 then you can just forget about all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom