• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Those 00 names are absolutely horrendous. More reasons to never watch it I guess.
FWIW, the first season (the good one) doesn't really have weird names.

Like it or not, 00 is still the best Gundam tv series made in the 21st century :D
LOL, not in this universe or any other.

Devil Gundam Custom Build. I want to wear this every single day of my life.

Also started 00, didn't really like it at first but I'm kinda warming up to it after six episodes. Story seems cool but man, having a hard time getting into the characters. They're all fitting into their archetypes and don't stand out. Also they all look like shit.
That looks pretty awesome.
And just watch the first season of 00, the rest is baaad.

00 and SEED better than GBF?

Xb1KGPD.gif

Get corrected.
Agreed, while I love 00 1st and enjoyed SEED, there is no way either of those is objectively better than GBF.

This show has problems but its at least enjoyable, which I can't really say about 00 Season 2 or AGE, neither of which I can stomach to ever watch to completion.
I kinda disagree, I don't think I'll ever have the strength to watch Destiny or AGE ever again, while I could rewatch 00 2nd because it's a (pretty and) entertaining trainwreck.

Fun trivia: As expected, which series is the worst is a recurring topic, turns out I had selected quotes from earlier in the thread about that and had completely forgotten about XD

Beth Cyra

So for the few of you who actually follow Frozen Teardrop, Two Mix has talked about putting out two tracks for it, and we have the first (titled Experiment so it's unlikely this is the final version.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWf2DcJLJ9Y&feature=youtu.be

Both tracks are directly named after Frozen Teardrop as well.

However given they are remixes/updates to some of the classics I don't think it means anything beyond to scenarios.

1. A follow up Picture Drama/Drama CD to go with Picture Drama 1 and continue the series that way.

2. Them having a general theme for this branch of Wing so they can have music that represents it in the future for stuff like Super Robot Wars and/or Gundam Extreme Vs.

I don't honestly foresee a new anime or anything given they are remixes.

The first remix is really intense compared to the original, and we do have a lot of people on Gaf who likes Wing Music, so it will be interesting to see how others feel about it.

So for the few of you who actually follow Frozen Teardrop, Two Mix has talked about putting out two tracks for it, and we have the first (titled Experiment so it's unlikely this is the final version.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWf2DcJLJ9Y&feature=youtu.be

Both tracks are directly named after Frozen Teardrop as well.

However given they are remixes/updates to some of the classics I don't think it means anything beyond to scenarios.

1. A follow up Picture Drama/Drama CD to go with Picture Drama 1 and continue the series that way.

2. Them having a general theme for the branch of Wing so they can have music that represents t in the future for stuff like Super Robot Wars and/or Gundam Extreme Vs.

I don't honestly foresee a new anime or anything given they are remixes.

The first is really intense compared to the original, and we do have a lot of people on Gaf who likes Wing Music, so it will be interesting to see how others feel about it.

Probably the bolded. That's how Crossbone ended up with music that's been used in G Generation, SRW, ACE R and the Versus series.

Beth Cyra

Probably the bolded. That's how Crossbone ended up with music that's been used in G Generation, SRW, ACE R and the Versus series.

Yeah....that is a strong contender. Given how hard they tied Frozen Teardrop to the sound of Wing TV in the first Picture Drama I firmly believe that whatever Mars Era music ends up being used it will feature elements of Wing TV, which this does.

Acid08

Banned
00 S1

It was...interesting.

Killing Lockon was dumb. I fucking predicted that shit too, absolutely knew they would kill the only amicable and friendly character. He was the only pilot that had actual human emotions, the only one that was actually more than just bearable to watch. He had a dope Gundam too.

Setsuna is lame as hell. Dude tries to be secretive then REVEALS HIS IDENTITY TO THE PRINCESS WITHIN MINUTES OF MEETING HER. Good one dude, nailed it.

Trinity felt like a total waste of time. They're comically evil bad guys, especially the sister. Like they show up and save the Gundams and it was SO OBVIOUS right away that they would be bad guys. Will admit that I actually finally started to cheer for the main crew when they showed up though. But hey who really cares because they're irrelevant after like five episodes.

Then there's Ali, dude is so over the top I LOOOVE WAAAAAARRRRRRRRR. For a show that takes itself sooo seriously the villains sure are super over the top caricatures.

H/Allelujah. First off, stupid ass name. It was amazing when he was going through that horrible personal struggle to destroy the super solider facility....and then it's never addressed again. The biggest moment in this guy's life may as well have never actually happened after he did it. Also how does a fucking split personality die? Was he stored in that eye? Actually who cares, it's all dumb.

The show absolutely lacks any kind of nuianse to it. It's just all GENETIC EXPERIMENTS ALCOHOLISM CHILD SOLDIERS RELIGION TERRORISM omg 2deep. The show doesn't handle these subjects with any kind of grace, it just flashes a bunch of fucked up imagery to you over and over again. Nothing is explored with depth, it's all just surface level and there to move the plot along.

For some reason characters just fucking disappear for long periods of time. Princess girl was basically irrelevant for the entire show, so irrelevant in fact that she had absolutely nothing to do with the climax and finale of the show despite getting plenty of screen time beforehand. Too bad all of that screen time amounts to nothing. Graham is gone for quite a while just to show up in the last 10 minutes to get into a meaningless fight with Setsuna. By the way, Graham telling Setsuna that he loves him so much that he hates him was the CHEESIEST SHIT EVER.

Worst part of the show by far though: Saji and Louise. These fucking dumb dildos. They're supposed to be the easily relatable characters for the audience to identify with. They're supposed to show the horrors of terrorism on normal people. It worked when the bus blew up, that was pretty effective. Then they just take that concept to the absolute extreme by killing ALL MEMBERS of Louise's family and having interesting journalist character get stabbed to death just so Saji could have even more horrible shit happen around him. Their comedic relief moments were cringe worthy too, not even a little bit funny. My fucking favorite thing though is when Saji leaves the hospital and they show a solid 2 minute montage of all the humorous moments they shared throughout the series.....as if we're supposed to have any kind of affinity for their dumb relationship.

Summary: Bad characters, worse dialogue, cool mechs. Found this show to be entertainingly stupid so I'm going to watch S2 because I'm actually super curious to see where this nonsense goes. I know it'll be awful and I'm really looking forward to it.

Acid08

Banned
Oh couple other things

LICHEY IS A FUCKING CYBORG? WHY? WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF REVEAL WAS THAT?

Show also went full Zeta near the end, everyone needed to die because......

Leezard

Oh couple other things

LICHEY IS A FUCKING CYBORG? WHY? WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF REVEAL WAS THAT?

Show also went full Zeta near the end, everyone needed to die because......

It only pretends to have gone full Zeta, it's ok.

It's all downhill from here anyway.

00 S1

It was...interesting.

Summary: Bad characters, worse dialogue, cool mechs. Found this show to be entertainingly stupid so I'm going to watch S2 because I'm actually super curious to see where this nonsense goes. I know it'll be awful and I'm really looking forward to it.

Open your heart and become Gundam.

Blader

I don't think S2 is really any worse than 1. Not as good, sure, but people treat the stepdown as if we going from Unicorn level to Destiny.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think S2 is really any worse than 1. Not as good, sure, but people treat the stepdown as if we going from Unicorn level to Destiny.

I'd have to actually finish season 2 to compare it to Destiny but I know what my gut is telling me, I've watched Destiny 2 1/2 times and been able to finish 00 season 2...never. It's a sharp drop off in a show that's not very good to begin with!

CorvoSol

I'm more interested to read about the movie reactions. :))

God that movie. Such a bad movie. Other than that one really good mook design, I can't think of a single thing that movie brought us that I cared about. Especially since I wasn't much of a fan of the Qant.

00 S1

It was...interesting.

LOL, if you thought S1 was nonsense...S2....and that movie...I'm looking forward to your thoughts on them. They'll be highly entertaining

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
God that movie. Such a bad movie. Other than that one really good mook design, I can't think of a single thing that movie brought us that I cared about. Especially since I wasn't much of a fan of the Qant.
The GAR in-universe Celestial Beings movie was pretty dope.

CorvoSol

The GAR in-universe Celestial Beings movie was pretty dope.

Okay that's true. I do remember laughing at that.

Anyway, guys, I found a place that sells those custom ZZ parts for the MG Freedom, and I was considering getting two MG Freedoms plus that kit to so I could make it all work out. But some things I need to know first:

1. I've never built a Master Grade! Do I need paint, glue, etcetera to make one look nice?
a. If I need paint, does a man brush the paint onto his Gunpla, or spray it? Can you recommend a paint application product to an idiot like me?
2. So I remember hearing resin is a death toxin that can kill you in seconds in this thread! Does that mean I need just a face mask when sanding, or at all times while working with the resin parts?
3. Basically, what tips on building a pretty darn good MG would you give to someone whose whole Gunpla experience has been building just HGs?

yami4ct

Anyway, guys, I found a place that sells those custom ZZ parts for the MG Freedom, and I was considering getting two MG Freedoms plus that kit to so I could make it all work out. But some things I need to know first:

1. I've never built a Master Grade! Do I need paint, glue, etcetera to make one look nice?
a. If I need paint, does a man brush the paint onto his Gunpla, or spray it? Can you recommend a paint application product to an idiot like me?
2. So I remember hearing resin is a death toxin that can kill you in seconds in this thread! Does that mean I need just a face mask when sanding, or at all times while working with the resin parts?
3. Basically, what tips on building a pretty darn good MG would you give to someone whose whole Gunpla experience has been building just HGs?

OOB most Modern MG are pretty damn fantastic. A little panel lining, maybe a good flatcoat for good measure and you'll be in good business. You can paint them to turn them into true works of art, but they are still good as is.

Answering your questions now
1) I typically spray (airbrush, but cans work too if you aren't making the big jump in yet) for larger kits. On smaller kits, you can hand paint, but it's not really my favorite style
2) Regular gundam kits do not have resin parts, so you don't need to worry about that. If you are working with garage kits, I would definitely recommend some good ventilation and a face mask. The resin on those isn't usually "kill you in seconds" bad, but it'll certainlly cause nasty health issues. You only really need it while sanding, though, as its the resin dust that causes all the problems.
3)MGs are just HGs, but with more parts. The builds tactics you learn with HGs should be fine. I would recommend going through the instructions first and giving everything a good read over before begin assembly from there and you should be fine.

Is the ZZ add-on you're looking at a resin garage kit? If so, could you post a link to where you're seeing it? Garage kits are very, very difficult to get into and have a lot of factors to consider. Different makers or recasters have very different quality levels to take into account before purchasing.

I need this.

http://i.imgur.com/bxDYYpu.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Haha. That looks super great, but also really uncomfortable to use.

One mega reply coming up!

Killing Lockon was dumb. I fucking predicted that shit too, absolutely knew they would kill the only amicable and friendly character. He was the only pilot that had actual human emotions, the only one that was actually more than just bearable to watch. He had a dope Gundam too.

You think it's dumb now but just watch what they do about his replacement for S2

Setsuna is lame as hell. Dude tries to be secretive then REVEALS HIS IDENTITY TO THE PRINCESS WITHIN MINUTES OF MEETING HER. Good one dude, nailed it.

Setsuna is an uninteresting character overall, but he had potential. If they focused more on his past and connect it to why he has the attitude he has it might have done wonders for his character.

Trinity felt like a total waste of time. They're comically evil bad guys, especially the sister. Like they show up and save the Gundams and it was SO OBVIOUS right away that they would be bad guys. Will admit that I actually finally started to cheer for the main crew when they showed up though. But hey who really cares because they're irrelevant after like five episodes.

S2 will top wasting you time regarding Nena, at least.

Then there's Ali, dude is so over the top I LOOOVE WAAAAAARRRRRRRRR. For a show that takes itself sooo seriously the villains sure are super over the top caricatures.

He's also the most memorable thing from S1.

H/Allelujah. First off, stupid ass name.
It was amazing when he was going through that horrible personal struggle to destroy the super solider facility....and then it's never addressed again. The biggest moment in this guy's life may as well have never actually happened after he did it. Also how does a fucking split personality die? Was he stored in that eye? Actually who cares, it's all dumb

The greatest waste of potential from this show is everything involving H/Allelujah.

The show absolutely lacks any kind of nuianse to it. It's just all GENETIC EXPERIMENTS ALCOHOLISM CHILD SOLDIERS RELIGION TERRORISM omg 2deep. The show doesn't handle these subjects with any kind of grace, it just flashes a bunch of fucked up imagery to you over and over again. Nothing is explored with depth, it's all just surface level and there to move the plot along.

And it only gets worse from here.

For some reason characters just fucking disappear for long periods of time. Princess girl was basically irrelevant for the entire show, so irrelevant in fact that she had absolutely nothing to do with the climax and finale of the show despite getting plenty of screen time beforehand. Too bad all of that screen time amounts to nothing. Graham is gone for quite a while just to show up in the last 10 minutes to get into a meaningless fight with Setsuna. By the way, Graham telling Setsuna that he loves him so much that he hates him was the CHEESIEST SHIT EVER.

Again, it gets worse in S2.

Worst part of the show by far though: Saji and Louise. These fucking dumb dildos. They're supposed to be the easily relatable characters for the audience to identify with. They're supposed to show the horrors of terrorism on normal people. It worked when the bus blew up, that was pretty effective. Then they just take that concept to the absolute extreme
by killing ALL MEMBERS of Louise's family and having interesting journalist character get stabbed to death just so Saji could have even more horrible shit happen around him.
Their comedic relief moments were cringe worthy too, not even a little bit funny. My fucking favorite thing though is when Saji leaves the hospital and they show a solid 2 minute montage of all the humorous moments they shared throughout the series.....as if we're supposed to have any kind of affinity for their dumb relationship

Kinue was the biggest waste of time for the entire series. She exists to figure out who Celestial Being exactly is,
gets killed by Ali and what everything involving her is never brought up again.
Did I also mention that Saji and Louise become more important in S2?

I hope you enjoy the awfulness for what it is.

PhiLonius

1. Paint is nice, but isn't a necessity. As far as tools the usual stuff will do (something to sand, cut pieces from the runner, etc).

I've seen and read of people painting with a brush, using an airbrush system/kit, or spray can. All a matter of preference really. If you can afford a full airbrush system/compressor now I say go for it. If not you can look for propellant cans which are cheaper and disposable. Not as good as a full on airbrush system but they'll get the job done.

2. When sanding or airbrushing I usually used something like this.

3. I've got a bunch of bookmarks with all sort of ideas and tips for painting and things like custom parts (pistons, thrusters, etc). Going to need to go through them though.

yami4ct

For those in the US thinking about getting into airbrushing, may I recommend this set.

http://www.harborfreight.com/16-hp-58-psi-oilless-airbrush-compressor-kit-69434-9367.html

It's a great started set. If you get into using airbrushes, it becomes very easy to add the parts you want like a pressure regulator or just to change the brush to a better, gravity-feed model. Compressor is great and is the one I'm still using. Just a great kit to learn with.

Also, still one of the best tutorials and websites for learning painting around.

http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/how-to-build-master-grade-gundams/#Painting

He also has way more tutorials covering some more specific issues, but that basic one is a great overview.

Acid08

Banned
Finally finished the panel lining on my 1/60 Shining! Also had a sparkly green Gundam Marker around so I decided the paint up the right hand into Shining Finger. It isn't perfect but it gets the effect across pretty well.

Posing this thing sucks, it barely moves. Whatevs though, it's huge and awesome.

Generally you don't need paint for MG kits, they should come molded in all the proper colors. There are some exceptions(looking at you Crossbone Ver Ka) where parts only come molded in a single color you will need to paint if you want an authentic look. Generally though MG kits seem to be excellent for having all the pieces correctly colored.

What you will 100% for sure need to do is panel line though. Gundam Markers are cool for this, I've used two types: the standard fine point marker and the pour type markers. The fine points are simple, you just have to draw in the panel lines. Sometimes the tip is a bit thick to get into small areas though and this is where the pour types excel. They let out a drop of paint when you touch them to a line and the paint just snakes its way through the crevices. A combo of both works really well because there are some cases where the pour type won't work as well. General color guide is: light colored plastic= grey lining, dark colored plastic= black lining, and red plastic= brown lining. I haven't messed with the brown much, only use grey and black.

yami4ct

What you will 100% for sure need to do is panel line though. Gundam Markers are cool for this, I've used two types: the standard fine point marker and the pour type markers. The fine points are simple, you just have to draw in the panel lines. Sometimes the tip is a bit thick to get into small areas though; this is where the pour types excel. They let out a drop of paint when you touch them to a line and the paint just snakes its way through the crevices. A combo of both works really well because there are some cases where the pour type won't work as well. General color guide is: light colored plastic= grey lining, dark colored plastic= black lining, and red plastic= brown lining. I haven't messed with the brown much, only use grey and black.

How have I missed that those pour type markers are a thing? Seems like those would be a great replacement for what I've been doing. With my full paint job kits, I'll typically severely thin down some oil based paint and use a brush to basically do the same thing as a pour marker. You wouldn't get to control the color with the marker like you can with the paint, but seems like a good compromise. Totally going to grab a few of those.

CorvoSol

Is the ZZ add-on you're looking at a resin garage kit? If so, could you post a link to where you're seeing it? Garage kits are very, very difficult to get into and have a lot of factors to consider. Different makers or recasters have very different quality levels to take into account before purchasing.

So this is the only place I've found it still for sale. Still sort of debating getting it because 70 bucks is a pretty big investment for something I would still need to buy more things to enjoy. I really like this particular design, but yeah, I suppose I don't want to rush into the purchase.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also you know how Gundam has awful character names in general? 00 has most of the worst ones and probably the highest percentage of dumb names in general.

G Gundam, the least, as expected.

CorvoSol

Also you know how Gundam has awful character names in general? 00 has most of the worst ones and probably the highest percentage of dumb names in general.

G Gundam, the least, as expected.

How dare you say that Regen Regenee is a bad name, sirrah! That is some quality naming, right alongside Revive Revival!

yami4ct

So this is the only place I've found it still for sale. Still sort of debating getting it because 70 bucks is a pretty big investment for something I would still need to buy more things to enjoy. I really like this particular design, but yeah, I suppose I don't want to rush into the purchase.

Alright, I'm not going to tell you *not* to buy that thing, but since you haven't even built a MG yet and don't have much experience with painting I'd probably recommend against it. Here's why:

1) Resin typically comes completely uncolored. Even the ones that do come colored, the color is mostly there for painting reference sake and the color itself looks quite poor.
2) Resin kits have very poor color/part separation. This means you have to have quite a bit of confidence masking in order to get the paint job you want.
3) Building resin is not at all like building a model kit. They are not snap together and require you to drill holes, pin the parts together and glue everything. It's a new, and frankly pretty difficult process to learn.
4) What you're looking at is a recast. What this means is they take a design that's be done in limited numbers by one resin artist group, cast it, and then make many more at a far cheaper price. This often leads to loss of detail, warping of parts, etc. All these problems are fixable, but require a bit of learning to figure out how to do.
5) Resin is typically very heavy. Even when put on a nice MG frame, it's often difficult to get it to hold a pose without pinning/gluing joints into place. If that ZZ can hold that giant cannon unaided without fusing its joints, I'd be very, very surprised.

That being said, if you feel like you're up to the challenge, and want to learn, resin kits are quite fun. It's way more of an art project than your typical gundam kit. The site you're looking at is one that's known for its high quality recasts, so the problems you have to fix should be fairly minimal. That kit also uses a real MG frame, which is something that's certainly nice. I would then recommend you practice your painting (particularly masking) on something like small SD kits so you know what you're doing before you go in. You also should probably build a smaller resin model first. I'd probably recommend some sort of weapon like this http://www.gkgundamkit.com/en/shop/products/240mm-bomb-gun-sniper-laser-cannon---d793bb7d0-0145-428b-b795-41e0318de220.html to learn how to work resin properly before moving onto a more expensive kit.

Let me know if you decide to go forward and I'll try and compile a list of all the resin tutorials I can find. Resin kits are absolutely gorgeous once you learn how to put the work into them, but it's certainly a task to undertake. If you're willing to put the work into them, you can get amazing works like this.

It's a lot of work, but resin is really rewarding when you learn how to work it.

Damn, now I've made myself want to buy that GP-01.

CorvoSol

Alright, I'm not going to tell you *not* to buy that thing, but since you haven't even built a MG yet and don't have much experience with painting I'd probably recommend against it. Here's why:

1) Resin typically comes completely uncolored. Even the ones that do come colored, the color is mostly there for painting reference sake and the color itself looks quite poor.
2) Resin kits have very poor color/part separation. This means you have to have quite a bit of confidence masking in order to get the paint job you want.
3) Building resin is not at all like building a model kit. They are not snap together and require you to drill holes, pin the parts together and glue everything. It's a new, and frankly pretty difficult process to learn.
4) What you're looking at is a recast. What this means is they take a design that's be done in limited numbers by one resin artist group, cast it, and then make many more at a far cheaper price. This often leads to loss of detail, warping of parts, etc. All these problems are fixable, but require a bit of learning to figure out how to do.
5) Resin is typically very heavy. Even when put on a nice MG frame, it's often difficult to get it to hold a pose without pinning/gluing joints into place. If that ZZ can hold that giant cannon unaided without fusing its joints, I'd be very, very surprised.

That being said, if you feel like you're up to the challenge, and want to learn, resin kits are quite fun. It's way more of an art project than your typical gundam kit. The site you're looking at is one that's known for its high quality recasts, so the problems you have to fix should be fairly minimal. That kit also uses a real MG frame, which is something that's certainly nice. I would then recommend you practice your painting (particularly masking) on something like small SD kits so you know what you're doing before you go in. You also should probably build a smaller resin model first. I'd probably recommend some sort of weapon like this http://www.gkgundamkit.com/en/shop/products/240mm-bomb-gun-sniper-laser-cannon---d793bb7d0-0145-428b-b795-41e0318de220.html to learn how to work resin properly before moving onto a more expensive kit.

Let me know if you decide to go forward and I'll try and compile a list of all the resin tutorials I can find. Resin kits are absolutely gorgeous once you learn how to put the work into them, but it's certainly a task to undertake. If you're willing to put the work into them, you can get amazing works like this.

It's a lot of work, but resin is really rewarding when you learn how to work it.

Damn, now I've made myself want to buy that GP-01.

Part of me thinks I should do the following: Purchase the kit (and the accompanying MG) and then just sort of shelf it until I'm ready. Because I'd hate to never be able to build it, but I'm honestly not up to this level of builder yet.

Doing really cool kits and making custom ones are sort of dream aspects of the hobby I'm not really sure I've got the chops to move on to.

yami4ct

Part of me thinks I should do the following: Purchase the kit (and the accompanying MG) and then just sort of shelf it until I'm ready. Because I'd hate to never be able to build it, but I'm honestly not up to this level of builder yet.

Doing really cool kits and making custom ones are sort of dream aspects of the hobby I'm not really sure I've got the chops to move on to.

It's something to work up to. It's honestly not difficult to learn how to do this quality of work. It just takes time. You add one new technique to your repertoire at a time, learn how to perfect that through your mistakes and move on to the next thing. I've just started learning resin myself. I've been building a Shot Lance for Crossbone X-2. The best part of learning resin is you get infinitely better at fixing shit you broke when building a traditional model. Most resin working techniques translate directly to repair techniques.

As long as I'm sharing images of beautiful resin kits

Damn. I really need to get back to modeling so I can grab and build something like that. Just gorgeous. Really wish I had the cash to jump back in right now.

Shun

Is there a consensus opinion on Gundam G-Self yet?

btw, I finally got to wasting 16 hours of my life on Seed. Should I waste another 16 hours for Destiny...?

Or should I revisit 008th MS Team and Turn-A, until Reconguista comes out? I've seen pretty much everything except Build Fighters, AGE, X, ZZ, Zeta, and Victory.

Enron

Banned

MGs aren't hard. Just dont do a terrible job of handpanting or painting with markers (just use a spray can properly) and you will be ok.

yami4ct

I think it's a pretty damn great looking suit. Way different from your typical gundam, so I suspect opinion will be split like with Turn A's design, but I love it. Also, it has a core fighter so that's an instant-buy for me whenever it gets a MG/RG.

PhiLonius

btw, I finally got to wasting 16 hours of my life on Seed. Should I waste another 16 hours for Destiny...?

Or should I revisit 008th MS Team and Turn-A, until Reconguista comes out? I've seen pretty much everything except Build Fighters, AGE, X, ZZ, Zeta, and Victory.

I really love the G-Self. It's kind of like a Strike/Victory combo. All the designs they've shown so far have been pretty good.

Might as well get Destiny out of the way now. Then watch Z and ZZ.

Is the Sky Gundam just unused concept art for G-Self or another suit that will show up?

56435645.jpg

edit:

About the Sky Gundam (tentative name) by Yasuda-san

Ogata: Last summer in the Skyper CM where Tomino-san appeared, Tomino-san wanted to show an image of G-Self in it. But to reveal something a year ahead in a Sky Perfect CM isn’t right. “Yasuda-san, sorry to bother you but can you draw me a dummy Gundam design?” And its from that comes this Sky Gundam.

Yasuda: At first I told the director its the Strike Witches Gundam, he looked at me with a stern cold expression (audiences laughed)

Ogata: The director is probably confused. Well, anyway Sky Gundam is not an early design of G-Self. Its originally a dummy design, please do not misunderstand.

Hi all. First time poster in this thread. I've always had a passing interest in Gundam but it was always so hard to find over the years that I just focused on other stuff. Recently I bought and read through the first volume of Gundam Origin. I enjoyed it so I started looking into other Gundam related items which led me to the model kits. So without really any idea of what I was purchasing in terms of quality I picked up a RG Zaku.

Quite honestly I was astounded at the detail and engineering that went into putting it together. And it looks amazing, even without paint. The last time I assembled a model without glue was in the 90's and they were nothing like this. Needless to say it got me very excited so I went and purchased this bad boy.

Should be fun. :)

Hi all. First time poster in this thread. I've always had a passing interest in Gundam but it was always so hard to find over the years that I just focused on other stuff. Recently I bought and read through the first volume of Gundam Origin. I enjoyed it so I started looking into other Gundam related items which led me to the model kits. So without really any idea of what I was purchasing in terms of quality I picked up a RG Zaku.

Quite honestly I was astounded at the detail and engineering that went into putting it together. And it looks amazing, even without paint. The last time I assembled a model without glue was in the 90's and they were nothing like this. Needless to say it got me very excited so I went and purchased this bad boy.

Should be fun. :)

Welcome to the Gunpla party. Hope you enjoy making it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Welcome to the party!

I also recommend doing panel lines and top coat, it made a huge difference for a little effort: http://www.hobbylink.tv/paintless-gunpla-for-busy-people

NEO0MJ

Thanks for the link. I like how the Zaku looks so I'm keeping that as is, but Heavyarms is something I definitely want to put some extra effort into.

You should try painting the missile pods. I thought it was pretty cheap of Bandai to not make them their own separate pieces and instead mold them into the missile dock.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Seriously, that would be great. There is some real high quality stuff out there and I don't see why some of these games wouldn't catch on. Huge investment but if you get people in front of these machines then it should catch on.

Yeah. The article mentioned two of the games that should catch on here, Gunslinger and Border Break, but I also think Lord of Vermilion 3 would also do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom