• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

They also tried that approach with Setsuna F. Seiei from 00. It worked all right in the first season, but then they just had to screw it up and fail miserably in the second season. >_<
I honestly never felt be was really an anti-hero and never laugh like Gym when killing his enemies.

Nah that guy always fucking sucked

Eh, I thought he was okay in the first season.

The turning point for me came right at a point in the second season (I think it was episode 14) where
he's about to deal the finishing blow on Ali Al Saachez only for him to stop when Princess Marina Ismawhatever and the kids start singing that infamous song.

Then the movie had to
turn him into the damn Silver Surfer.

I honestly never felt be was really an anti-hero and never laugh like Gym when killing his enemies.

Eh, I was referring to more of a sense that he wasn't the whole, innocent earnest teenager kinda thing and always maintained this cool-calculating thought-process when he fought (at least early on, anyway. Also again, Wing probably did it better, but I never saw Wing so I can't say). Not in the sense that he did what he did for his own enjoyment. Though it certainly wouldn't have hurt if we saw him getting SOME enjoyment out of what he was doing.

I think there was literally only one moment in the entire series where Setsuna just barely cracked a smile. One.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shinn is basically an anti hero.

Anti good character, anti watchable, anti likeable.

But Shinn also clearly isn't the protagonist of his own show.

Acid08

Banned
Eh, I thought he was okay in the first season.

The turning point for me came right at a point in the second season (I think it was episode 14) where
he's about to deal the finishing blow on Ali Al Saachez only for him to stop when Princess Marina Ismawhatever and the kids start singing that infamous song.

Then the movie had to
turn him into the damn Silver Surfer.

Dude wanted to be a Gundam so bad he went around acting like a fucking robot the entire show.

Shinn is basically an anti hero.

Anti good character, anti watchable, anti likeable.

But Shinn also clearly isn't the protagonist of his own show.

Shinn is victim of infighting with the production staff. Top that off with production heads that are fanboys of there own work, complete with self inserts and idiots who run into battlefields making it all the more worse. It'll just make you shake your head in shame at the wasted potential.

80353747938858540325.jpg

Dat Pink overlord~

Can't blame Shinn for that :/

CorvoSol

But guys, Setsuna had a great romance personality friendship leadership plan character arc

But guys at least Setsuna wasn't Shinn or Hitler!

CorvoSol

Can anyone tell me how the MG Qubeley is? Been thinking I might pick it up to go with this ZZ that's coming out. Either the QB or the Zeta.

All this talk of shitty Gundam protagonists and I'm surprised Ages other 2 protagonists haven't been brought up yet. Asemu and Kio are just as bad as Shinn and Setsuna.

NEO0MJ

Can anyone tell me how the MG Qubeley is? Been thinking I might pick it up to go with this ZZ that's coming out. Either the QB or the Zeta.

It's pretty old but apparently still solid. Biggest problem is the weak articulation. This isn't a kit you'd expect a V.2 for anytime soon so if you want a high detail 1/100 Qubeley pick it up. From pics it looks much better than the HG and actually came out two years after the HG.

If anything he was cooler the longer he didn't open his mouth.

Just like Gundam.

All this talk of shitty Gundam protagonists and I'm surprised Ages protagonists haven't been brought up yet. Those 3 are just as bad as Shinn and Setsuna.

You though they were talking about WWII Hitler? They meant space Hitler.

Considering how much shit spewed out of Shinn and Hitler's mouths, I'm okay with Setsuna not saying anything. If anything he was cooler the longer he didn't open his mouth.

Just like every other Gundam protag :D, although I don't think Judau was really all that bad in this regard, and Garrod was never given a chance to go that far lol

Edit:

Just like Gundam.

Beaten like all the people Bright has slapped over the years.

yami4ct

Perfect Grade Unicorn Gundam with full LED psycho frame coming this December. Holy shit bandai actually did it! Will definitely have to grab this at some point if it turns out as good as it has the potential to.

Beth Cyra

Perfect Grade Unicorn Gundam with full LED psycho frame coming this December. Holy shit bandai actually did it! Will definitely have to grab this at some point if it turns out as good as it has the potential to.

This thing is going to live or die on it's transformation.

I will buy it and I will be awaiting Banshee Norn or Banshee Final Battle, will not buy Banshee Shit Version

From the Tri booth it look like there is a Gundam based on DX (I see the Defense Plate) and a new Strike with what looks to be a new pack. Also there is a Red Full Package back pack.

yami4ct

I will buy it and I will be awaiting Banshee Norn or Banshee Final Battle, will not buy Banshee Shit Version

From the Tri booth it look like there is a Gundam based on DX (I see the Defense Plate) and a new Strike with what looks to be a new pack. Also there is a Red Full Package back pack.

How they distribute the LED's in the inner frame is going to be the killer part for me. If it's easy to activate the LED's and they get a convincing effect out of them, I will likely buy it. I cannot wait to see how it's assembled.

The transformation will be pretty crazy if the MG is any indication. Or less crazy since the scale is larger.

Apparently the kit is split with the model by itself, then LEDs and a weapons pack are separate.

Beth Cyra

How they distribute the LED's in the inner frame is going to be the killer part for me. If it's easy to activate the LED's and they get a convincing effect out of them, I will likely buy it. I cannot wait to see how it's assembled.

Same.

Given they are most certainly planning at least a Banshee follow up, that design better be really good given to be wroth it for multiple builds.

Holy shit.

They've also teased Real Grades

Heavyarms Kai EW
Deathscythe Hell EW
Sandrock Kai EW
and Altron EW.

yami4ct

PG Unicorn cost is apparently 20,000 JPY for the kit itself and 12000 for the LED kit. Man, that hurts. The LED kit better be damn complex to warrant that price.

My conjecture: The LED kit will be a pre-build frame with the LEDs already installed. Would make sense given the cost.

They've also teased Real Grades

Heavyarms Kai EW
Deathscythe Hell EW
Sandrock Kai EW
and Altron EW.

Knowing Bandai, I wouldn't surprised if the others never came. I would definitely be down for Zero Custom, Heavy Arms Custon, and Deathscythe Hell. At that point, might as well get the other two.

Beth Cyra

Robot Damashii Shining Gundam is being shown.

Likely we will see a Shading Gundam as P Bandai.

They aren't even staggering the Shining/God Release,so we could see them move away from G alot faster then I was thinking they would

While not really gunpla, I wanted to share my progress on the Kotobukiya Specineff I'm building. My plan is to paint it, but while building it I learned that this will be more difficult than what I was expecting.

Lean thy lesson now child.

Wait til you see one of their Armored Core kits.... that's some nightmare material. 500+ parts, all gray parts,... the horror...

CorvoSol

Victory Gundam 45

Tomino pulls the age old "introduce a character and kill them that episode" move, but with the twist that its a couple this time. Then they both stab each other at the exact same moment and only the woman dies.

Why?

Because Tomino gets off on offing women and he will brutally kill one every episode for 52 episodes and nothing, not even symmetry is going to stop him.

I mean the least he could have done was kill the man, too.

yami4ct

I wouldn't get too excited about the other Operation Meteor RGs until we have actual release dates. Bandai sure has a habit of teasing kits and them taking forever to come out, if they ever come out at all. See examples such as RG Gundam Ground Type, the rest of the EW MG Wing kits, the rest of the MG G Gundam kits, etc.

yami4ct

Heavyarms Custom RG is that shit that I NEED

That's the one Wing EW MG that I'm ticked we still haven't gotten yet. It's pretty high on my custom list if I ever get the time. Wouldn't be too hard to take a Heavyarms EW MG, paint it and mod some 1/100 Heavy Arms guns to go with it, but still upset that it's gotten left out so far.

duckroll

I wouldn't get too excited about the other Operation Meteor RGs until we have actual release dates. Bandai sure has a habit of teasing kits and them taking forever to come out, if they ever come out at all. See examples such as RG Gundam Ground Type, the rest of the EW MG Wing kits, the rest of the MG G Gundam kits, etc.

I hope they take forever to come out so I don't have to get them anytime soon!

yami4ct

So, G-Self Atmospheric Operation has a better backpack, but Space Operation has a model Core Fighter. Why do you make it so hard to pick just one, Bandai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom