• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

tumblr_ncm4v3NP2R1qzdctco1_500.jpg

kinda want

Holy shit.

yami4ct

I can't buy G Gundam action figures because if I do the floodgates will have opened and I will never be able to stop.

But look at that God Gundam effect set!

So good. If I didn't have so many hobby expenses coning November/December, I'd totally hop on that. Pretty much spending all my hobby budget until middle next year. Damn you PG Unicorn!

Acid08

Banned

So good. If I didn't have so many hobby expenses coning November/December, I'd totally hop on that. Pretty much spending all my hobby budget until middle next year. Damn you PG Unicorn!
I was looking at this effect set the other day, it's more expensive than the actual figure haha

Hello GundamGAF. I'm going to be in the Beverly Hills area this week and wondered if anyone knew of any places that sell Gunpla near there.
It's been awhile since I've been back in LA, but I'm sure there are a couple stores in Little Tokyo that sell Gunpla. If you're willing to travel a bit further out east, head to Walnut and go to Frank & Sons collectible show on either Wednesday or Saturday. They have 3-4 vendors that specialize in Gunpla and have reasonable prices and a generally up-to-date selection.

Hello GundamGAF. I'm going to be in the Beverly Hills area this week and wondered if anyone knew of any places that sell Gunpla near there.

Robot 4 less has a pretty stock, but their prices are higher and they're out in Fullerton. Anime jungle 2 in little Tokyo has some but their selection is paltry. Also I think Barnes and noble is still selling

It's been awhile since I've been back in LA, but I'm sure there are a couple stores in Little Tokyo that sell Gunpla. If you're willing to travel a bit further out east, head to Walnut and go to Frank & Sons collectible show on either Wednesday or Saturday. They have 3-4 vendors that specialize in Gunpla and have reasonable prices and a generally up-to-date selection.

Robot 4 less has a pretty stock, but their prices are higher and they're out in Fullerton. Anime jungle 2 in little Tokyo has some but their selection is paltry. Also I think Barnes and noble is still selling

Thanks for the info. I'll look into them.

yami4ct

Alright, just put the finishing touches on the Gundam Build Fighters Try OT. I believe the general rule for TV/Movie OTs is no more than a week in advance, so expect it to go up late tonight just to comply with that guide line. Should be fun!

CorvoSol

I can't. I gotta hold out. I'm already dropping coin on this ZZ and the MG Qubeley. Corvo still needs money to pay da bills.

Now, if I had infinite money and skill, what I'd shell out for is a kit to rebuild the final scenes of G. Imagine being a kid entering the Gunpla tournament with a 1/144 Final Stage Devil Gundam Colony.

Or having like a little 1/100 Domon there on the cockpit trying to talk Rain out of the Devil. Man that'd take up so much space but it'd be so worth it.

DominoKid

if i was rich i'd buy so many of these things. that's awesome.

yami4ct

if i was rich i'd buy so many of these things. that's awesome.

It wouldn't be so damn expensive it Bandai would open their premium shop to those outside of Japan. Someday, maybe. There's been rumors of Bandai opening a Gundam Part store to service wester territories and they do have a pretty good relationship with BlueFin, so hopefully we get full access at some point.

Gf finished her first gunpla. :3

iA8nkki.jpg

She's been doing a bit more clean up on the sprues, but she really enjoys it. Now she wants to move onto either Rozen Zulu or Epyon. Dabes.

MG Tallgeese EW is going pretty well too. Just gotta build the booster unit, dober gun, and the rest. ^^

ByxJ0oFIYAAc6uP.jpg

glaurung

It is actually weird that Bandai would announce the PG RX-0 and then not have it out in some early prototype, 3D-printed format.

I suppose they're keeping it all for the Gundam day.

CorvoSol

I've been marathoning the first season of Build fighters and just finished episode 15

That was the shit

Also, yay G-Reco soon

Episode 15 is my favorite fight in the entire show. Those head-breaking punches at the end, the headbutt at the beginning, the wiretrip tactic. Such a good fight.

yami4ct

It is actually weird that Bandai would announce the PG RX-0 and then not have it out in some early prototype, 3D-printed format.

I suppose they're keeping it all for the Gundam day.

That seems to be their style for revealing PGs. Think they did similar stuff when revealing the PG Strike Freedom. Also I'm sure the kit is far beyond 3D printed prototype at this stage, given it's going to have a December release. May even be in production. When we finally see it, it'll be a complete done kit.

The image of the unicorn mode on the poster seems like it's the actual kit too, given Bandai's track record and from what I can tell looking at it.

NEO0MJ

Episode 15 is my favorite fight in the entire show. Those head-breaking punches at the end, the headbutt at the beginning, the wiretrip tactic. Such a good fight.

Personally I prefer 18. It had two of the best designed mobile suits in the series (only the Gouf R35 beats them), multi-level tactics and the awesome exam reveal and chase. 15 did have a better build up, but I think parts of the Renato bros thing is that they were ignored and not thought much of.
Besides, 15 started the whole "punch to win" thing that plagued the Build Strike's later fights.

PhiLonius

Personally I prefer 18. It had two of the best designed mobile suits in the series (only the Gouf R35 beats them), multi-level tactics and the awesome exam reveal and chase. 15 did have a better build up, but I think parts of the Renato bros thing is that they were ignored and not thought much of.
Besides, 15 started the whole "punch to win" thing that plagued the Build Strike's later fights.

While I didn't mind this, I'm hoping with Try and its team battles we get a few more fights won off tactics and simply being a good pilot.

Acid08

Banned
They didn't win though. It was a fucking bare knuckle brawl between two equally matched rivals, the emotions in that fight were top notch. 18 had more to it but was missing that element to me.

NEO0MJ

While I didn't mind this, I'm hoping with Try and its team battles we get a few more fights won off tactics and simply being a good pilot.

I hope it doesn't degrade to the team mates just cheering on.

They didn't win though. It was a fucking bare knuckle brawl between two equally matched rivals, the emotions in that fight were top notch. 18 had more to it but was missing that element to me.

I know, I just meant that was the start of something that kinda hurt the series. If they pulled that trick less often it would have been great. Good thing though this was the first episode it was used, I can't imagine the climax being as good if we already saw this move multiple times in previous episodes. I don't know why but it felt worse than shining/god finger.

Ricardo Fellini is a boss, that's why 15 is great

Glad to see someone else see the greatness that is Ricardo Fellini. Got to admire a man who still has the concentration to control a Gunpla with a hangover and win.

15's battle was the most exciting battle to watch of all of them due to far they were pushing themselves and their Gunpla for the win. There was no compromise by either side at any point during the battle. 18 may have been better in terms of strategy but I still give the edge to 15.
Episode 6 is great as well for the exact reason as 15.

Ezalc

I preferred the fight with the sniper for the simple fact that the tactics were better and the meijin had a hype as fuck theme song.

CorvoSol

I've never had a problem with the Build Knuckle because it's just a finishing move. But I do feel its worth pointing out that Sei and Reiji didn't win, they tied. Which is part of what made the fight good. Plus, they're piloting a Strike and a Wing. Tactics aren't really a big deal to those kinds of shows. It was always going to be a flashy throwdown and it delivered that. The Kampfer vs GM Sniper K9 could have its tactics and it was a good fight, but a match between Reiji and Felinni being all about tactics would've been wildly out of character.

yami4ct

Finally took a close look at this new PG Unicorn pamphlet image from GundamGuy

1521464_835959399782059_3046431028475024752_n.jpg

Most of that image is worthless detail scribbled on the model to show where the psychoframe is, but more importantly, look at that pose! That's a hell of a lot of knee/leg articulation going on there. Not something the MG could have pulled of by a long shot. Please be the real model in that photo (looking at the knee joint itself, it looks lit probably is).

yami4ct

For those of you who order GunPla from HLJ, preorders for the December kits are now live. PG Unicorn+LED set comes out around $235 pre-shipping with discount. Also grabbed a RG Wing Zero Custom while I was at it. Cannot wait for December.

AmiAmi orders are also live but they are only taking 20% off the PG Set (Same as HLJ, no their usual higher discount) and their base price is higher. I'm assuming the base prices they go off of are the tax included prices.

yami4ct

So around $280.... too rich for my blood ~_~ That's like 5 MGs. I rather get those resin kits.

After seeing the MSRP pre-discount price at the show, this ends up seeming low to me, haha. I think they're around $320 pre-shipping at full price. I wouldn't typically pay that much for one kit, but for a 1/60 transformable unicorn with LEDs? Sign me up. You could always just buy the main kit without the LEDs for ~$180.

Noticed some interesting things on the AmiAmi LED kit listing. For one, looks like Bandai is including a parts separator with that kit. Hope that means we don't have to take it apart to operate the LEDs or replace the batteries. I suspect its mainly included for the people that buy and build the Unicorn and later decide they want the LEDs. Their part separators have always been just plastic wedges, but I've always wanted one so it's a nice inclusion.

Another thing, looks like the LED kit will operate on 4 AA batteries. That's a lot of battery. Wonder how they're going to be stored? Seems likely that it will be an outside battery pack and the kit itself will have a small port you hook a cable into. That's what I'm hoping for at least. That'd be way too much battery to put into the kit without making sacrifices.

CorvoSol

For those of you who order GunPla from HLJ, preorders for the December kits are now live. PG Unicorn+LED set comes out around $235 pre-shipping with discount. Also grabbed a RG Wing Zero Custom while I was at it. Cannot wait for December.

AmiAmi orders are also live but they are only taking 20% off the PG Set (Same as HLJ, no their usual higher discount) and their base price is higher. I'm assuming the base prices they go off of are the tax included prices.

how much is the RG WZC? 235 bucks is waaaaay beyond my spending range. I could buy some fancy things with that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom