• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if this means that they actually finished the Turn A dub and never got around to releasing it. Strange if true,

Acid08

Banned
I wonder if this means that they actually finished the Turn A dub and never got around to releasing it. Strange if true,

I'd be super surprised if a dub happened after all this time.

also this is adorable:

tumblr_nbr01kiUod1rsdbjzo1_r1_500.jpg

Thanks you ZZ Gundam for providing a resolution for these characters.

CorvoSol

I'd be super surprised if a dub happened after all this time.

also this is adorable:

tumblr_nbr01kiUod1rsdbjzo1_r1_500.jpg

Thanks you ZZ Gundam for providing a resolution for these characters.

A lot of people hate Fa but I actually kinda think that I liked her by the end of ZZ. It takes a lot of growing up to go from being the girl who pesters Kamille in the first episode of Zeta Gundam to taking up nursing to earn money to keep him alive during ZZ.

Every once in awhile I wonder how other Zeta characters might've fared if they'd survived to see ZZ.

But I don't believe Katz would've ever been more than the shitheel he was.

I'm extremely happy to read about the Turn A news. I don't care if it's DVD or Blu Ray (well...I would rather it be Blu Ray...), but I will be buying it to show my support on day one.

Well damn Gundam is coming back to North America, this is good. The only downside is that the odds of ZZ, Turn A and other older shows getting dubbed is effectively zero.

A lot of people hate Fa but I actually kinda think that I liked her by the end of ZZ. It takes a lot of growing up to go from being the girl who pesters Kamille in the first episode of Zeta Gundam to taking up nursing to earn money to keep him alive during ZZ.

Every once in awhile I wonder how other Zeta characters might've fared if they'd survived to see ZZ.

But I don't believe Katz would've ever been more than the shitheel he was.

I always liked Fa better than Fraw to be honest

Also, fuck Katz

Not sure if anyone else saw it yet, but I figured GundamGAF would like to see this. Screwattack did a Death Battle video pitting Gundam Epyon against Power Rangers' Tigerzord.

If you don't know what this series is, they basically take two characters, analyze their abilities to an insane level of detail, and then animate a battle between the two.

Video contains some big spoilers for Gundam Wing.

Oh and uh, Power Rangers too, I guess.

In case you don't want to watch it:
The Gundam wins.

CorvoSol

I always liked Fa better than Fraw to be honest

Also, fuck Katz

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK KATZ.

I actually think I like Fraw more than Fa, but Katz is reason number one why I don't think Amuro stiffing her was as bad a deal anymore.

Now I really gotta finish ZZ. I must get closure. I MUST.

One of the things I love most about ZZ Gundam is that it gives Kamille some damn closure. It's one of the show's strongest arcs, I'd argue.

RangerBAD

I missed it, but Beltorchika Children 04 is out there to read.

Trigger warning: Quess. For a certain raven and the like. I needed a warning too HATHAWAY KUSOOOOO!

SkyOdin

I could swear I heard that this was actually the case. The Turn A Gundam DVDs were only months if not weeks away from release when Bandai USA closed its doors. The dubbing must have been very close to completion.

B.K.

I could swear I heard that this was actually the case. The Turn A Gundam DVDs were only months if not weeks away from release when Bandai USA closed its doors. The dubbing must have been very close to completion.

Was it going to be dubbed? I always thought the cancelled Bandai DVDs were going to be sub only.

Acid08

Banned
Did that Wing Remastered set ever come out in the US? If not that seems like a prime candidate to be brought over now that there's distribution here.

SkyOdin

Was it going to be dubbed? I always thought the cancelled Bandai DVDs were going to be sub only.

Now that you mention it, I don't know. Every other Gundam series Bandai released back then was dubbed so I assumed that it was, but that isn't proof of anything.

NEO0MJ

I'm going to design a super weapon. It's going to be a giant floating saucer, and I'll slap a Zaku head ontop of the anus laser cannon.

I am one of Spacekind's greatest mechanical geniuses.

That Zaku head was so ridiculous. Why did they put it there, anyway?

Hystzen

I'm going to design a super weapon. It's going to be a giant floating saucer, and I'll slap a Zaku head ontop of the anus laser cannon.

I am one of Spacekind's greatest mechanical geniuses.

The dude was insane but it a dumb mobile armour which is kind of the trend with mobile armours. The 3 thin legs crack me up how them skinny things holding that thing up when it not floating or even fires that beam

Mobile Suit Gundam 8th MS Team

Screw it I loved the hell out of everything

Ok I liked the main cast

plot was pretty non-existent

Villain was stupid

Everything about the last episode was bad until the last 10 minutes

But I liked the characters, and I liked the fights (that Gouf)

Also, Karen Joshua!

CorvoSol

You rang?

I'm about 16 episodes into Grendizer now, and it is a WEIRD show. I mean, weirder than most Go Nagai stuff. Kouji is useless as fuck for some reason. Hikaru looks like Michiru. Goro is somehow both Shiro and Genki. Danbi looks like Joho with a goddamn mustache and cowboy hat. Daisuke kinda lacks a chin half the time.

And this is without getting into how Commander Gandal has a wife who lives inside of his face.

Grendizer is the weirdest of the first three Mazinger shows by a country mile.

NEO0MJ

You rang?

I hope you weren't dissing Grendizer.

To distract you from the fact that Mr. Sahalin's amazing super weapon was a giant laser firing ass.

Think if we slap a Zaku head on goatsee anyone will notice a difference?

Kouji is useless as fuck for some reason.

Yeah, wish I knew why. Grendizer was the first Go Nagi show I watched so I was surprised as hell when I saw him in the Mazin shows later piloting the main super robot.

CorvoSol

Yeah, wish I knew why. Grendizer was the first Go Nagi show I watched so I was surprised as hell when I saw him in the Mazin shows later piloting the main super robot.

It's kinda crazy how Kouji is like "Oh let me help Duke Fleed!" but then he brings a gosh dang TFO instead of a Mazinger to the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom