• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't finished Build Fighters but there's plenty of G in it.

Maoh's master is rocking a custom version of Master Asia's old Gundam, has the Tequila/Spike Gundam on his wall.

Gundam Maxter, Devil Gundam make appearances.

Aila is closer to an Allenby ripoff than a regular old Cyber Newtype.

Oh and the Build Knuckle is basically a Shining Finger Variant.

S1 of GBF isn't lacking in G love (it gets more representation then most series, besides 0079 and SEED), but in Try, it's become like the main focus.
Only two episodes in though so kind of an early judge

Beth Cyra

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Beth Cyra

And the Fang Funnels from the Throne Zwei

Yeah, there are a few bits here that are new. Like D-Hell EW's Wing's as a cape and the Rock Kai cloak surrounding the body.

Im just shocked that they animated something from Tiel's Impulse and to this day Wing EW has never been animated.

NEO0MJ

That name is from a Wing side story. The Hydra mashup in the episode had the Guilty's side skirts that look like devil wings.

Deathscythe Hell Guilty Custom is a legit suit from the past.

It was in Tiels impulse and it had parts of Hydra Gundam equipped to Deathscythe Hell guilty Granted this is altered and it looks like they've added Altron EW nd Sandrock Kai parts to it.

I see. Because of the head, high speed mode, and the cloth covering the body I thought it was the Hydra Gundam.

I see. Because of the head, high speed mode, and the cloth covering the body I thought it was the Hydra Gundam.

You could argue it's more Hydra than Guilty because of the head and high speed mode, but there are obvious elements of both as Guilty Custom does incorporate Hydra parts in its design.

XXXG-01DG2.jpg

What do you guys think of the HG Build Burning Gundam so far?
I only have nippers available to me at the time, so all my builds will be straight and I need something to do, and the kit looks nice in pictures.

Also, is the RG Zeta Gundam stable enough to keep in a stand if it's never transformed?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is there any sort of media that I can show to people new to gundam before they watch Unicorn to catch them up on the relevant parts of previous UC gundams? I know there's the Unicorn episode EX but that is chock full of Unicorn spoilers.

Episode 7 fun!

B0Fyt_UCIAAweho.jpg

I'll bring my better camera tomorrow and grab some better shots.

You need to make a folder of all your gunpla and upload it. I only have done 4 so far. I'm about to go dumb, though. BB Nu. Then Ver Ka. And to be real, I'm half Tempted to do 1/144 too because I go dumb.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finished Build Fighters.

Why is it so good?

It's honestly too good for a toyetic show that even ends with them beating a giant army of knock off Gundam toys!

It makes me want to watch inferior Gundam products. I think I'm going to start MSG next week. I was already watching G Gundam (which is just ever so slightly better than this)

It's a crime if this show never gets dubbed.

Nairume

Banned
A mix of more Build Fighters (and G-Reco) and finding out that the local HobbyTown has a decent stock of stuff gave me the hunger again.

RRWqM6R.jpg

Them being dirt cheap didn't help :p

Nairume

Banned
The first two kits I ever bought way, way back in the day. Have fun.
Yeah, I was surprised to see them floating around and for so cheap.

1gx2ZFm.jpg

The Heavy Arms was easy and fun to build. I *may* give the Epyon to my bro, so I dunno if I'm going to get to build it or not. We'll see :D

Caught up on the Gundam Build Fighters Amazing manga. Really good, has a lot of the same stuff that makes regular GBF good. If anyone here likes GBF a lot, I'd recommend you give it a shot if you haven't already.

Acid08

Banned
Too bad she suffered the same fate as most women in Gundam. Gotta get those Newtype boys their powers some way! Zeta was particularly egregious about this.

Acid08

Banned
hey everyone turns out when you post a Gundam Tier list on Tumblr people get REALLY FUCKING MAD if you dare to say Zeta isn't the best series and that CCA is kind of bad.

A few people are even fuming about me saying 00 was bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I kinda want to start a subset of that and say that only material during The One Year War is real Gundam. So I get MSG, 08th MS, and 0080. Pretty good deal though I really do enjoy a lot of the non UC shows as well.

hey everyone turns out when you post a Gundam Tier list on Tumblr people get REALLY FUCKING MAD if you dare to say Zeta isn't the best series and that CCA is kind of bad.

A few people are even fuming about me saying 00 was bad.

I can understand the overwhelming Zeta love to a degree (it's a pretty good series, not my favorite though) but the CCA love will never not baffle me

Oppressively melodramatic, over-reliance on Lalah trope, kind of crappy main villain and rival.

I kinda go back forth on how I feel about Zeta. I think it's good but I don't think it'll ever be great to me.
I actually liked how manipulative of people Paptimus was. Granted it took him forever to rise up but you have plenty of decent villains in Bask Ohm, Jamitov and Jamaican. Still has some of the best mech designs (I love all of the transformable mecha). I'll agree it's melodramatic, but it's pretty hard for me to personally hate it. It as a pretty good soundtrack as well. It's main problem was people doing stupid shit just for the hell of it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom