• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Man, that RD G-Self is so good. Unless a really good MG of that suit is announced before that figure is released, I'll probably have to grab it. Will be my only RD other than Nirvash.

Kwixotik

Zeta Gundam episode 43
the one where Char/AEUG has to submit to Haman/the Zabis so they'll destroy the Colony Laser and save Granada
was absolutely fantastic.

aside: Why do they call themselves the Anti-Earth Union Group if they're the most ecologically-minded, pro-Earth faction in the show?

Leezard

Zeta Gundam episode 43
the one where Char/AEUG has to submit to Haman/the Zabis so they'll destroy the Colony Laser and save Granada
was absolutely fantastic.

aside: Why do they call themselves the Anti-Earth Union Group if they're the most ecologically-minded, pro-Earth faction in the show?

I always interpreted it as Anti-"Earth Union" Group, where the Earth Union is the feds + titans. I might be wrong, though.

Acid08

Banned
nmYHYdV.jpg

IT'S FINALLY MINE YESYESYES

....why does the frame require screws?

RangerBAD

The AEUG was anti-Titans and was created in response to the Federation basically letting the Titans do whatever they wanted. The Federation has always been a corrupt piece of shit and Zeon also suffered from similar circumstances. The nepotism of the Zabis namely.
Londo Bell ultimately replaces the Titans.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Using my Note 4 camera has made me reconsider my building methods. (Too many plastic strain marks...) Are there any good guides on how to use the X-Acto knives to shave off the excess nubs correctly? I already have a kit of blades that I used for other projects, so I just need to learn technique. >.>

I was so happy with the way the subtle lines came out.
They do need another pass now, though.
But DAMN are there so many marks! :(

Only thing I can say is don't cut too deep, just use fine sandpaper to sand away the left over. Sand in a light circular motion, careful not to oversand.

I never tried it, but I heard dull top coat hide sand mark pretty well.

Acid08

Banned

Finished the HG Grimoire. Think it looks pretty slick, was a very simple kit though. Not much poseability. Not many opportunities for lining. I think it's a pretty cool candidate for custom paint jobs.

NEO0MJ

There are a few more spots you could line, but they're the parts that extend out, such as the collar or the bumps on the skirt, so you'll have to be real careful.

Just finished Victory Gundam.
I am surprised to say that I really enjoyed the final episodes and it made for a nice ending altogether. Sure you don't see much of Uso and the gang after the battle but the deaths, battles and Angel Halo as whole made for a dramatic conclusion. As a series I'd probably rank it somewhere next to the original Gundam as there were definitely some slow parts but overall a lot of interesting episodes. In terms of Tomino sexism though, it ranks number one.

RangerBAD

I am surprised to say that I really enjoyed the final episodes and it made for a nice ending altogether. Sure you don't see much of Uso and the gang after the battle but the deaths, battles and Angel Halo as whole made for a dramatic conclusion. As a series I'd probably rank it somewhere next to the original Gundam as there were definitely some slow parts but overall a lot of interesting episodes. In terms of Tomino sexism though, it ranks number one.

Please elaborate.

Just watched the latest G Reko. Overall I am really enjoying this show. It has a really fresh feel to it and this episode did a good job of propelling the plot forward after it seems to have stalled out the last three episodes.

I am growing concerned about the pacing to be honest. We're about 7 episodes in and it seems like stuff has barely happened after the first 4 or so episodes. Here is what we know so far:

There are effectively three countries: Ameria, Gondewan and the Capital. Ameria and Gondewan have been at war for a while now, while the Capital pretty much just watches over the Space Elevator. To that end, there is a paramilitary force called the Capital Guard which protects it.

However, Ameria apparently believes that the Capital hordes the elevator and its benefits such as the solar energy it collects and wants to do something about this. Furthermore, the Capital seems to be breaking some sort of taboo by reforming its guard into an army (possible parallels with the state of the JSDF here).

Great start up and if this were to be a 50 episode show, I'd be fine with how episodes are playing out, but this is only a 25 episode show, which means we are nearly 1/3rd of the way through the show. Hopefully it picks up a little bit soon

RangerBAD

Just watched the latest G Reko. Overall I am really enjoying this show. It has a really fresh feel to it and this episode did a good job of propelling the plot forward after it seems to have stalled out the last three episodes.

I am growing concerned about the pacing to be honest. We're about 7 episodes in and it seems like stuff has barely happened after the first 4 or so episodes. Here is what we know so far:

There are effectively three countries: Ameria, Gondewan and the Capital. Ameria and Gondewan have been at war for a while now, while the Capital pretty much just watches over the Space Elevator. To that end, there is a paramilitary force called the Capital Guard which protects it.

However, Ameria apparently believes that the Capital hordes the elevator and its benefits such as the solar energy it collects and wants to do something about this. Furthermore, the Capital seems to be breaking some sort of taboo by reforming its guard into an army (possible parallels with the state of the JSDF here).

Great start up and if this were to be a 50 episode show, I'd be fine with how episodes are playing out, but this is only a 25 episode show, which means we are nearly 1/3rd of the way through the show. Hopefully it picks up a little bit soon

Well, if they keep up the pace from last episode onward, we should be fine.

Kwixotik

So the ending to Zeta Gundam was something. I couldn't tell if
they were trying to show Kamille's 'soul' escaping in his final moments or if they were trying to show him going nuts
but it was pretty heavy. Overall, I'd put it about on par with 0079. I know everybody talks about Zeta like it's better but both series have their flaws.

Might take a bit of a break before I start ZZ. Not a long one though, I just want to finish reading this book (Wise Man's Fear) and beat Mother 3 finally (I'm in the final stage).

Victory is one of my favorites minus wheel fetish and hideous insect mech designs. You're never going to get a crazier Gundam female than Katejina Loos. Seeing her go from pacifist to Queen Homicide was great.

Momentary

Banned
I just found out that my mom gave away all of my 1/100 Avalanche Exia, 1/100 Astraea, MG Gundam 2.0 and my 1/144 Gundam Saviour from the live action movie (not SEED) to my little nephews who came and visited her last year for Christmas. She even gave away my building supplies that I had left in the boxes. I called my brother up asking him what the hell was up with that and he said he didn't have the heart to take it away from his kids. Then he told me they were destroyed. I'm so pissed right now.

Anyway, my wife and I finally settled down enough that I was going to put these in my man cave. I've been out of the loop for 5 years now becasue of military duties and now I don't know where the best places are to get tools and kits all in one swoop. I really don't want to go through Amazon, but that's looking like it's going to be my best bet. I'm looking for building supplies too: Paint, sand paper, paint stations, glue, settler, clear matte finishes, all that junk that comes with the territory. I'm so distraught right now I can't even think man. Looked at HLJ for supplies and everything is back ordered, Gundam planet seems kind of janky, where else is there? Really looks like Amazon will be getting my business.

Acid08

Banned
I just found out that my mom gave away all of my 1/100 Avalanche Exia, 1/100 Astraea, MG Gundam 2.0 and my 1/144 Gundam Saviour from the live action movie (not SEED) to my little nephews who came and visited her last year for Christmas. She even gave away my building supplies that I had left in the boxes. I called my brother up asking him what the hell was up with that and he said he didn't have the heart to take it away from his kids. Then he told me they were destroyed. I'm so pissed right now.

Anyway, my wife and I finally settled down enough that I was going to put these in my man cave. I've been out of the loop for 5 years now becasue of military duties and now I don't know where the best places are to get tools and kits all in one swoop. I really don't want to go through Amazon, but that's looking like it's going to be my best bet. I'm looking for building supplies too: Paint, sand paper, paint stations, glue, settler, clear matte finishes, all that junk that comes with the territory. I'm so distraught right now I can't even think man. Looked at HLJ for supplies and everything is back ordered, Gundam planet seems kind of janky, where else is there? Really looks like Amazon will be getting my business.
Gundamplanet has pretty much everything you'd need. A bit expensive but they have a good selection and pretty much everything you're looking for.

Edit: saw your edit, can tell you from personal experience that GP are not jank.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I got most of my supplies from amazon, for paints I get them from thewarstore.com.

You can get krylon matte and gloss from craft store along with their primer.

For sand paper get the fine one 1000 to 1500 from any auto store(3m brand).

For rough sandpaper just use nail file.

Enron

Banned

Just amazon for all the tools. Seriously, the prices are about the same what you would find in whatever hobby store chain or a tad better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom