• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out that my mom gave away all of my 1/100 Avalanche Exia, 1/100 Astraea, MG Gundam 2.0 and my 1/144 Gundam Saviour from the live action movie (not SEED) to my little nephews who came and visited her last year for Christmas. She even gave away my building supplies that I had left in the boxes. I called my brother up asking him what the hell was up with that and he said he didn't have the heart to take it away from his kids. Then he told me they were destroyed. I'm so pissed right now.

Anyway, my wife and I finally settled down enough that I was going to put these in my man cave. I've been out of the loop for 5 years now becasue of military duties and now I don't know where the best places are to get tools and kits all in one swoop. I really don't want to go through Amazon, but that's looking like it's going to be my best bet. I'm looking for building supplies too: Paint, sand paper, paint stations, glue, settler, clear matte finishes, all that junk that comes with the territory. I'm so distraught right now I can't even think man. Looked at HLJ for supplies and everything is back ordered, Gundam planet seems kind of janky, where else is there? Really looks like Amazon will be getting my business.

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. For supplies https://www.scalehobbyist.com/index.php is pretty good. For the actual Gunpla I'm going to suggest amazon. A lot of the models on there are more expensively than HLJ by a bit but they have free shipping so it makes up for it.

duckroll

Isn't The Origin supposed to be something like that ? The books are, I'm not sure what they have planned for the animation.

The currently announced anime project is a four part OVA for the pre-OYW stuff showing the origins of Char and Sayla Mass from the time they were children until the start of the war. It adapts the "Char & Sayla" story arc from Origin, rather than remaking 0079 itself from the start.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ - Episode 1 Review

...wat

End

BxSSp-gIgAA0am6.png:large

I still rewatch that episode every so often and I still laugh at Char getting shot down by Shinta and Qum in that scene.

Stay with ZZ, there's plenty more hilarity to come!

PhiLonius

I love Kuvira. Her and Satsuki Kiryuin are my current cartoon waifu's, Satsuki's on top though. I love this "come at me bro" Kuvira avatar.

I had to bail out after Book 2 but ended up watching Book 3 right before the new one started and was blown away by how much better it was.

Would you guys watch an updated remake of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, a la Space Battleship Yamato 2119?

Yes.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ - Episode 1 Review

...wat

End

Stick with it. It does get better.

Momentary

Banned
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. For supplies https://www.scalehobbyist.com/index.php is pretty good. For the actual Gunpla I'm going to suggest amazon. A lot of the models on there are more expensively than HLJ by a bit but they have free shipping so it makes up for it.

Holy crap! This is exactly what I needed. Seemed like tools were just spread out all over the place. This is all consolidated into one spot.

Edit: you just saved me 40 bucks in supplies with that website.

RangerBAD

I was wondering what everybody here would think of this question. Who's more annoying Min Mei from Macross or Lacus Clyne?

Neither really. Minmei is a big part of Macross. She represents culture and that's what makes Macross different. The infusion of music and how it plays into the plot.

Holy crap! This is exactly what I needed. Seemed like tools were just spread out all over the place. This is all consolidated into one spot.

Edit: you just saved me 40 bucks in supplies with that website.

Right on. Yeah I like that site. It is where I always go to to purchase Vallejo Paints. Their prices are decent and shipping isn't too bad if you make a decent sized order. Glad it worked out for you.

Neither really. Min Mei is a big part of Macross. She represents culture and that's what makes Macross different. The infusion of music and how it plays into the plot.
Yeah she's very important to the plot, I just hated how she always toyed with Hikaru and that romance plot with her hippy ass cousin. I guess I'm just a misa Hayes guy on that one. I really just don't like Ms perfect lacus. Athrun dodged a bullet getting out of that relationship.

I was wondering what everybody here would think of this question. Who's more annoying Min Mei from Macross or Lacus Clyne?

Neither are that annoying. Minmei and her fate are pretty interesting. Lacus is the least of seeds problems though it is frustrating how perfect she is portrayed as

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Right on. Yeah I like that site. It is where I always go to to purchase Vallejo Paints. Their prices are decent and shipping isn't too bad if you make a decent sized order. Glad it worked out for you.

I wish they would arrange their products better, I can't tell which vallejo arcylic they are selling (ended up all being vallejo air.

I was hoping they have vallejo game air also for that price, the only other places I found are selling them for a dollar more =/

Neither are that annoying. Minmei and her fate are pretty interesting. Lacus is the least of seeds problems though it is frustrating how perfect she is portrayed as
If Lacus isn't it then who are the true annoying Gundam characters? Though I know Katz Hathaway and Quess are definitely on that list.

PhiLonius

If Lacus isn't it then who are the true annoying Gundam characters? Though I know Katz Hathaway and Quess are definitely on that list.

Nina Purpleton
Quess
Katz
Hathaway
Nina Purpleton
Shinta
Qum
Kikka and Letz (half the time)
Rosamia?
Riddhe
About a third of the cast of 00, maybe more
Nina Purpleton
Reccoa
Certain AGE characters that aren't worth looking up

Acid08

Banned
Riddhe that monster.
MARIDAAAAAAAA!

god this stupid guy.

Steps to becoming a Troo Newtype:
1. Perv on a 16 year old super hard
2. Get your ass kicked in every fight
3. Be a jealous twat
4. Kill the best character in the show
5. NEEEEWWWWTTTYYYYYPPPPPEEEEEEE

Kwixotik

Nina Purpleton
Quess
Katz
Hathaway
Nina Purpleton
Shinta
Qum
Kikka and Letz (half the time)
Rosamia?
Riddhe
About a third of the cast of 00, maybe more
Nina Purpleton
Reccoa
Certain AGE characters that aren't worth looking up

Reccoa

IM DEFECTING FROM AEUG BECAUSE IM A WOMAN! I WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A WOMAN! EMOTIONS! GENDER ROLES!

EDIT: oh, missed her on your list

PhiLonius

Fuck Riddhe.

Mineva
did what we were all thinking and literally bails the fuck out of a plane, midair and sans parachute, to avoid having to spend another minute around this guy.

A woman's loins warm when in the presence of Paptimus. That mind-raping lunatic.

The Jovian swag levels were just too much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Straight up annoying?

Nina Purpleton
Quess
Young Hathaway
Pretty much everyone in 00
Relena Peacecraft
The non moon princess lookalike Heime sister

My list of characters I can't stand per series:

First Gundam:
... No one, really. Perfect cast for all sides. M'quve is kind of boring but that's about it.

Zeta Gundam:
- Beltorchika... though I don't really mind her these days
- Rosamia
[spoilers]I kind of like Kats and Sarah. Sue me. [/spoilers]

ZZ Gundam
- Chara
- That chick that was the captain of the L'vie En Rose

CCA:
- Quess, of course.

- Perfect cast.

- Nina is kind of poorly written. Why didn't she recognize Gato!?!?
- I don't care for Cima either

Victory
- Fuella

G Gundam
- Rain

Wing
- Relena
- Wufei

X
- Newtype Dolphins

Turn A
- Perfect Cast

Seed
- Kira
-Fllay
- Athrun's lacky. Nicole? He played piano. Fuck that guy.
- Fllay's boyfriend

Seed Destiny
- Everyone not named Durandal

- Hmm... Decent cast. Other than those three druggies. They sucked.
- Saji's girlfriend too.

- Kio became pretty bad. Everyone had too little screen time to be annoying though.

Unicorn
- Angelo, I guess. I like Riddhe, though his arc should have been given more attention.

GBF
- Pretty decent cast

CorvoSol

-Mobile Suit Gundam
The goddamn old people on the ship. Holy shit what a load of ingrates.
-Zeta
KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ
Sarah Zabiarov
Fa until she grows the fuck up in ZZ.
RECCOA.
Poptarts "Magical Space Dick Wizard Who You're Supposed to Take Seriously" Sriracha
BELTORCHIKA "NOT SAYLA MASS BUT STILL GETS TO FUCK AMURO" "OH I TOTALLY KNOW QUATTRO USED TO BE EVIL AFTER THREE SECONDS OF SEEING HIM IN A HALLWAY" IRMA.
KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ KATZ
Any and every woman who ever gets within ten feet of Jerid.
-ZZ Gundam
Rasara, nobody wants to hear you preach, sweety.
Emary, Bright is a married man and his wife is infinitely cooler than you, SO STEP OFF.
-08th MS Squad
What ever Big Bro Sakahlin's name was. God he was obsessed with the dumbest weapon.
-War in the Pocket
No one cuz the show was perfect.
-Char's Counter Attack
QUESS QUESS QUESS QUESS QUESS QUESS QUESS QUESS QUESS
Whoever the fuck impersonated Char for the entire film
HATHAWAY HATHAWAY HATHAWAY HATHAWAY HATHAWAY HATHAWAY
-Unicorn
RIDDHE DIE YOU FILTHY PIECE OF SHIT CUNT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT AND
Audrey, for not being nearly as cold and manipulative as a little girl who personally knew Haman Khan should've been.
-F91
Nobody likes you, Carozzo. Go home. You're not Vader, and your mask reasoning is stupid angsty, son.
-XBone
Giri, cuz I still don't know if Giri was a guy or a girl.
-Victory
SHAKTI SHAKTI SHAKTI SHAKTI
KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA
MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA
TESTICLE ASSHAT TESTICLE ASSHAT TESTICLE ASSHAT TESTICLE ASSHAT
That lady who wanted to molest Uso to the point it killed her.
Tomino for writing this fucking show.
-Reco
I dunno yet. Probably Bellri's loser girlfriend who isn't up to Aida or Raraiya's snuff and keeps insisting he do something reasonable or logical.
-Turn A.
I'd say Space Hippies but those guys were fucking awesome conceptually
Maribelle, I guess?
-X
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (Only Garrod is excused, and maybe Not-Amuro.)
-Wing
WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI WU FEI
-G
Ahahahaaha no this show is perfect and so is everybody in it.
-SEED
Kira pre-throwdown with Athrun.
KUZZEY KUZZEY KUZZEY KUZZEY LITTLE FUCKIN BITCH
YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK YZAK
All the rest of Athrun's loser friends
Fllay until she started hangin' out with Rau.
-Destiny
Every single new character introduced in this show, except Meyrin and Tahlia.
SHINN SHINN SHINN SHINN SHINN
REY REY REY REY REY
LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA
SHINN SHINN SHINN SHINN
STUPID FUCKING LITTLE REBEL GIRL
CAGALLI FOR LOSING HER DICK
KIRA FOR PRETENDING LIKE ATHRUN WASN'T RIGHT
ATHRUN FOR NOT FUCKING FAKE LACUS WHEN HE HAD THE CHANCE
ATHRUN FOR NEVER HAVING FUCKED LACUS IN THE FIRST PLACE
ATHRUN FOR WANTING THAT DICKLESS SHIT, CAGALLI
SHINN SHINN SHINN SHINN SHINN SHINN
LOL everyone who isn't Lockon or Soma
-00 S2
EVERYONE
-00 Movie
AHAHAHAHA NO. WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS.
DESIL DESIL DESIL DESIL DESIL DESIL DESIL DESIL
Hitler
ZEHATTO
Hitler
Ezelcant after his plan became a thing
Hitler
Kio before he called Hitler out on his shit.
-GBF
No its perfect nothing wrong here.

Reccoa

IM DEFECTING FROM AEUG BECAUSE IM A WOMAN! I WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A WOMAN! EMOTIONS! GENDER ROLES!

EDIT: oh, missed her on your list
I honestly thought she just defected because paptimus layed his pimp hand upon her.
These lists are hilarious but so true. Gundam is filled with so many annoying characters. I keep forgetting about flay. She did not die fast enough.

I honestly thought she just defected because paptimus layed his pimp hand upon her.
These lists are hilarious but so true. Gundam is filled with so many annoying characters. I keep forgetting about flay. She did not die fast enough.

That is what I like about Gundam though. At least with the Tomino shows, he's brave enough to write characters he knows people won't like.

-Victory
SHAKTI SHAKTI SHAKTI SHAKTI
KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA KATEJINA
MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA
TESTICLE ASSHAT TESTICLE ASSHAT TESTICLE ASSHAT TESTICLE ASSHAT
That lady who wanted to molest Uso to the point it killed her.
Tomino for writing this fucking show.
You forgot the Shrieking Harbinger of Shit.

And when was Luna ever annoying?

Athrun not wanting to fuck Meer... could you not tell how absolutely creeped out she made him?

Imagine breaking up with your fiance, only to have someone who had plastic surgery to look just like her show up in your bed one morning 3 years later, seemingly convinced she's the real thing but acting totally insane. It would needlessly complicate your life, and perhaps put you in mortal danger. (Really, almost certainly put you in danger)

I'd tell anyone in that kind of situation to go jack it and then reconsider the situation. If Athrun would still think it's a good idea to smang Meer after that, then it was meant to be.

Kwixotik

And you treat someone like a woman by slapping them when they do bad things, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Athrun didn't even really like real Lacus. He sure as shit has nothing for fake Lacus,

The crazy thing about SEED DESTINY is that Durandal's plan without fake Lacus is PRETTY MUCH PERFECT. Kira and Lacus basically say outright that without the attempt on her life they would have joined him and his war against the merchants of death/illuminati/LOGOS.

RangerBAD

Athrun didn't even really like real Lacus. He sure as shit has nothing for fake Lacus,

The crazy thing about SEED DESTINY is that Durandal's plan without fake Lacus is PRETTY MUCH PERFECT. Kira and Lacus basically say outright that without the attempt on her life they would have joined him and his war against the merchants of death/illuminati/LOGOS.

He'd just forget to mention the Destiny Plan. Kira was like, "Oh, no you didn't, Durandal." when he revealed his master plan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He'd just forget to mention the Destiny Plan. Kira was like, "Oh, no you didn't, Durandal." when he revealed his master plan.

To be fair learning that he was batshit Bonkers with eugenics is his second major mistake and causes a bunch of other people to side against him.

His plan before then though is solid outside of the whole fake Lacus thing. You can tell though that the feedback from having her on the first series must have been so positive that the creative staff of Destiny must have been sitting around when someone threw out the idea of hey, get this....Another Lacus on the side of good guys who are actually the bad guys...with bigger breasts. Somewhere in that meeting they forgot to tell the animators that regular Lacus would still have normal sized breasts which is why both of them are going to develop serious back problems in Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom