• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

All I can say is that 22 episodes into Gundam X this show deserved cancellation. It's not bad. It's not good. It isn't anything. 22 episodes of nothing. I hope this "New Federation" plot is going to pay off, but I still have to confront the fact that the Frost Brothers are somehow less compelling villains than the ones in AGE.

RangerBAD

I looked at the show from an entertainment and coherent value. I like Unicorn a lot actually. Just that space time travel montage maybe go like, "is it emulating Evangelion?" It broke the flow of the show to me. Speaking of newtypes I do find it funny how Lalah is always a swan. Maybe it's my age or something, but man the franchise is weird at times. How weird is Turn A?

It's really debatable, at the moment, whether Turn A is really UC. G-Reco might clear that up though.

All I can say is that 22 episodes into Gundam X this show deserved cancellation. It's not bad. It's not good. It isn't anything. 22 episodes of nothing. I hope this "New Federation" plot is going to pay off, but I still have to confront the fact that the Frost Brothers are somehow less compelling villains than the ones in AGE.

Pretty sure they inspired the MacDougall brothers. X has a great ED though. Human Touch.

It's really debatable, at the moment, whether Turn A is really UC. G-Reco might clear that up though.
I'm just asking out of general curiosity. It's one of those shows I've been putting off for years, but since I'm in a Gundam mood I figured I'd get to this either after Zeta and Build Fighters or after I watch season one of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

RangerBAD

I'm just asking out of general curiosity. It's one of those shows I've been putting off for years, but since I'm in a Gundam mood I figured I'd get to this either after Zeta and Build Fighters or after I watch season one of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

I don't really remember it being crazy, but it is worth watching. It's definitely not like earlier Gundams done by Tomino. He came out of his Kill'em All phase, but that could all return in G-Reco.

I don't really remember it being crazy, but it is worth watching. It's definitely not like earlier Gundams done by Tomino. He came out of his Kill'em All phase, but that could all return in G-Reco.
Yeah that makes sense. I heard he mellowed out a bit post Victory so I'm pretty sure kids and bikini babes aren't getting murdered on screen. It has an interesting art style as well. I guess the only quirk with it for me has been Gundam Mustache.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
FUuuuuck HLJ and GGInfinite ran out of Unicorn preorders...
Any other importers that people trust I can try?

yami4ct

PG Unicorn looks astonishing. So glad I ordered it+the LED kit from HLJ. Even with 2 more transformers MP figures coming this year, Unicorn is still my most anticipated buy. Can't wait to see the full reveal in a couple days.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It's finally done ~_~ My second master grade.

TsEO3x6.jpg

KVPTll9.jpg

1vInXmn.jpg

3zFhO5S.jpg

8H5xqrm.jpg

CCWAy8G.jpg

Full album here http://imgur.com/a/WpZBK#0

I am quite happy with the result to be honest, except for the one stupid dumb transparent decal on the left shoulder (who the hell decided it is a good idea to make them transparent color). The non-transparent decals are from samueldecal, to be honest the quality is kind of lame. They are not precut, and half of the decals break in half while I am transferring to the model. This never happens to bandai decal (or the damn transparent one).

For color it is all vallejo, the metallic is really rough because I ran out of patient to brush it without thinning. There are a bunch of smugs because I forgot to double check my panel wash before sealing it (well I saw it, but got frustrated and went all YOLO).

I think I went a bit too creative on the color, I can't even tell it is Elpeo's unit without the huge logo. I smarten up this time and mixed 5 times more paints than I needed in case there are any scratches or peeling. When I reuse the paint I found out it turn into a different darker color. I guess the base purple is blended with the primer grey, but not the second "repair layer".

The model itself is awesome, it is between 1/122 and 1/100 scale. So many details and panel lines. Unfortunately like most Chinese gundoom model(yes they call them gundoom), it has zero mobility. There are bunch of movable joints, but the armors blocked most of the movements so there are no points. The PVC part sucks, they became loose easily, and both leg joints breaks on me. The stand that came with the model isn't strong enough to hold the model, I had to reinforce it.

Next project would be getting a tripod and light box for taking picture ~_~. May be finally start doing pre-shading.

rrvv

so far new announcement

MG Exia Dark Matter
MG Double X
MG Dom Dozzle custom

RG 00

RE Dijeh

HGBF Honoo
HGBF Hi-Nu Vrabe
HGUC V2 Assault buster

EDIT:

oh and Meijin new gunpla seem to be Prefect Gundam III

glaurung

I think they only announced it, no sample.
Releasing on spring 2015
546DAAAE3876A10038
Much obliged!

I think I will skip the RG Wing Zero and wait for the Raiser. There are days when I regret never buying the PG Raiser.

Might get PG Unicorn later next year. That LED price tag though. Ew.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is HG enough for me if I don't want to do custom painting/drawing black lines on the "panel" marks/using stickers than painting? I know MG is for super builders who customize.

Wubby

I'm excited for the Hi-Nu Vrabe!

There were some Origin kits announced too.

HG Origin Guntank and Zaku

I'm really digging that Guntank!

Wubby

LOLOLOLOLO

So remember when the MG Banshee Norn came out as a Premium Bandai exclusive and people thought that must mean the green psychoframe version would be the normal release?

Nooooope! Green psychoframe version is also coming as a P-Bandai exclusive.

PG Unicorn is looking dope. First that trailer and now those images. Less than a month to wait.

Probably will get the RG 00 too. Hopefully it's more impressive than Exia was.

Is HG enough for me if I don't want to do custom painting/drawing black lines on the "panel" marks/using stickers than painting? I know MG is for super builders who customize.

Any kit really is enough for anyone. And panel lining is easily worth it. Just get a fine tip gundam marker and wipe any mistakes you make away with your finger. It's super easy, impossible to fuck up and adds so much detail to any kit. HG is a good place to start though.

Man, already have 5 MGs I picked up recently, along with an SD kit I won from the raffle. Sigh. My wallet is screaming, especially after all these new annoucements. :(

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
LOLOLOLOLO

So remember when the MG Banshee Norn came out as a Premium Bandai exclusive and people thought that must mean the green psychoframe version would be the normal release?

Nooooope! Green psychoframe version is also coming as a P-Bandai exclusive.

Oh FFS Bandai...

Damn are you serious? Could not disagree more, always felt like the AU Gundams were the chance to use concepts from the original stuff while trying new things. It doesn't always make for good shows but at least it's usually pretty different.

Also something about the ultra pro-UC crowd, is it actually a love of UC or is it really just a love of Amuro and Char? Seems like the only UC stuff people put on a pedestal is MSG, Zeta, and CCA(0080 gets a lot of love too but it never feels as intense as these). I guess some would say it's because those are the "best" UC has to offer but of course that's subjective.

except for CCA which is a scientifically proven huge turd.

I'm pretty much only a UC fan to be honest. I enjoy some of the non-UC shows, but to me they never come as close as the UC shows themselves.

Char and Amuro are indeed a highlight, but I also enjoy many of the other characters as well. MSG's entire cast is amazing and I also enjoyed Z and ZZ's cast as well. And while CCA and F91 both have their problems, but I have watched both movies several times and enjoy them immensely. Apparently I'm one of the few people here that really enjoyed Victory as well, mostly for its atmosphere, visuals and music. BESPA suits do suck though. It's a shame the villain suits were such a downgrade from F91's.

I'm pretty much only a UC fan to be honest. I enjoy some of the non-UC shows, but to me they never come as close as the UC shows themselves.

Char and Amuro are indeed a highlight, but I also enjoy many of the other characters as well. MSG's entire cast is amazing and I also enjoyed Z and ZZ's cast as well. And while CCA and F91 both have their problems, but I have watched both movies several times and enjoy them immensely. Apparently I'm one of the few people here that really enjoyed Victory as well, mostly for its atmosphere, visuals and music. BESPA suits do suck though. It's a shame the villain suits were such a downgrade from F91's.
I actually like Victory. Did a good job at showing "war is hell" and I enjoyed some of the characters. Chronicle is a chump yes, but everybody knows Katejina is the main villain in that show. Once you realize how insane Zanscare is it makes sense why their decisions are so illogical. Suits are shit though.

yami4ct

MG XX? I can die a happy man. Thought that kit was never going to happen. Probably my favorite Gundam design of all time (besides maybe V2 AB). Just super stoked for this.

Also might be one of the few who want that RG 00.

muteki

MG XX? I can die a happy man. Thought that kit was never going to happen. Probably my favorite Gundam design of all time (besides maybe V2 AB). Just super stoked for this.

Also might be one of the few who want that RG 00.

Yesssssss. Been wanting this forever, and really liked the X kit. Now he can have a buddy on my shelf.

Now where's my V2 at?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Coloring is great! Should try removing the seam lines next time, though.

Thanks, yeah I really should, I didn't know why I thought it was a good idea to skip that originally.

-----------

^ is the feather a separate purchase? Or it came with the rg?

yami4ct

^ is the feather a separate purchase? Or it came with the rg?

Premium Bandai Shop exclusive upgrade pack. Basically means if you don't live in Japan, good luck getting it at a decent price.

Interesting to see that all the PG Unicorns being shown are being held up by the stand. I'm sure this is meaningless, because of course it can stand unaided and they're just showing that it comes with the stand, but still a bit interesting. Destroy Mode could be a bit unstable. Mine will likely be in an aerial pose anyway, so it won't matter, but definitely something to watch.

Supposedly 00 Raiser was one of the worst MG/PK kits sooooo yeah good luck with that.

That's why I'm hoping they'll do it up right. But, even if I did eventually get it, it's WAY down my list. Maybe a year and a half a way. Gotta finish CCA and GATX series first, and that's like a long long process that I might even get tired of Gundam before finishing.

Hagi

While I'm so-so with the show itself the new mecha design are all top notch.

Yeah I've loved pretty much every suit that's been shown so far. Still waiting for a HG Recten.

RG Wing is kind of cool I suppose but was hoping for more Zeon suits instead of 00. :/ GM or Dom when?

Beth Cyra

IS THAT A NEW HG ZZ GUNDAM?
No it's for the extra pieces so another add on pack.

The price is less then a thousand yen and that ZZ looks identical to the current HGUC ZZ.

Really shocked that Wing Gundam Zero Honoo is shipping, it's a very recent reveal and they still haven't released Zeta Honoo and Build God.

Master Grade Evolve Red Zeta and Grey Zeta look amazing I must say.

No it's for the extra pieces so another add on pack.

The price is less then a thousand yen and that ZZ looks identical to the current HGUC ZZ.

Really shocked that Wing Gundam Zero Honoo is shipping, it's a very recent reveal and they still haven't released Zeta Honoo and Build God.
Oh.
:(

Beth Cyra

At this point Paul we will be lucky if we get a Full Armor ZZ or a FAZZ anytime soon it seems.

I know people are happy for DX, but I really don't like it. That head is not really close to the line art at all. They shrunk it way to much.

Dark Matter Exia scares me, Exia had enough problems and all that extra just seems to hang off him and doesn't feel right.

Lastly I'm shocked they skipped over X Maoh and Wing F given how popular their characters and suits are.
shocld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom