• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Of course. And in that regard, with 8,5k for a 7k retailer price, NY are being very reasonable with their pricing. I just wanted to know if there were other places to order from. I'll wait a bit to see if they get it at BIJ.

You can email BiJ and ask them if they'll be adding it. I know they carry some exclusives from bandai premium. But I know they don't add everything for various reasons, once they told me they had no plans on adding a wallscroll simply because the ones from that particular manufacturer didn't fit into SAL boxes.

yami4ct

So is the led-reactive resin on the Psychoframe parts a new thing? They seem to be bragging about it so much, I'd wager not. I can't wait to see how it looks, although I might never see it in person.

Is that what that says? I haven't seen any translation of the text, so I just assuming it was pointing out that the LEDs show through the clear parts. Interesting. As far as I know, they've never had LED reactive plastic. UV reactive, but not LED.

Is that what that says? I haven't seen any translation of the text, so I just assuming it was pointing out that the LEDs show through the clear parts. Interesting. As far as I know, they've never had LED reactive plastic. UV reactive, but not LED.

I think it is the same concept of putting a coating on the inside of clear parts for LEDs. It prevents hot spots and diffuses the light.

yami4ct

I think it is the same concept of putting a coating on the inside of clear parts for LEDs. It prevents hot spots and diffuses the light.

That's a really cool little bit of engineering. The avoiding hotspots is something I never thought about, but I definitely see why that would be something you'd need to avoid. I really hope they do a good job of diffusing the light, because if they pull it off that kit is going to be a really beautiful thing.

Also glad to see the box for the LEDs is really small. Was a bit afraid given the price that it'd be another big box. Helps save me cash on shipping.

Zerojul

You can email BiJ and ask them if they'll be adding it. I know they carry some exclusives from bandai premium. But I know they don't add everything for various reasons, once they told me they had no plans on adding a wallscroll simply because the ones from that particular manufacturer didn't fit into SAL boxes.
I could try that, thanks for the tip !

yami4ct

Someone in Japan already got their hands on the PG Unicorn and LED Kit. He also took the photo I was most waiting for.

B3C_PjPCMAAzqz2.jpg

Love that psycho frame breaking out of Unicorn mode look. The effect is so good. You can find more images here. http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/myalbum2/photo.php?lid=399

He's also got a full look of what's included in the LED kit. http://blog.kenbill.com/?eid=626

13th can't come soon enough.

We already saw current China and the only thing her growth spurt gave her was extra height. Gyanko and even Fumina have more life than her.
I honestly just meant she'd grow up to be good woman, though it's nice to know that China's not going to have any back problems...cause damn...these Gundam women.

rZSTGKH.png

2 lines later

lND0ved.png

even worse is that this was his reaction to her telling him he cannot go along with the old guys plan to just blast away Axis the place his sister is being held. She was the only person trying to help you, you fucking... immensely poor written character!

This fucking show.... made it through season 1 and is getting better-ish. Got interesting but Puru completely derailed that feeling, then got interesting again when she was a weapon for like 4 seconds, then near unwatchable when shes talking or doing anything because its Katz/Rosamia 2.0 rolled into one.

And how many goddamn times does it take for a prisoner/one of those two fucking betraying douches to steal or do something crazy before Bright says "you know what, fuck it, i'm just booting you morons out the airlock." Seriously, they capture people and let them walk around like its nothing. Get shit stolen every episode. The kids have no reason to be there. just hurts my brain thinking about this show lol.

Kwixotik

rZSTGKH.png

2 lines later

lND0ved.png

even worse is that this was his reaction to her telling him he cannot go along with the old guys plan to just blast away Axis the place his sister is being held. She was the only person trying to help you, you fucking... immensely poor written character!

This fucking show.... made it through season 1 and is getting better-ish. Got interesting but Puru completely derailed that feeling, then got interesting again when she was a weapon for like 4 seconds, then near unwatchable when shes talking or doing anything because its Katz/Rosamia 2.0 rolled into one.

And how many goddamn times does it take for a prisoner/one of those two fucking betraying douches to steal or do something crazy before Bright says "you know what, fuck it, i'm just booting you morons out the airlock." Seriously, they capture people and let them walk around like its nothing. Get shit stolen every episode. The kids have no reason to be there. just hurts my brain thinking about this show lol.

lmao
My thoughts precisely

CorvoSol

Man I completely do not remember Judau choking that girl out, hahaha. I guess that explains
why his psychic manifestations look like a goddamn demon when Haman shoots Leina.

For my part, I liked Puru, but I can see people being annoyed by her. I can see the Rosamia stuff, too, but not so much the Katz shit.

Mostly because I think Katz was a special kind of utter shit, but also because Katz was really cocky despite being a shit pilot, whereas Puru actually is a good pilot and is too much of a cheerleader for Judau to be as full of herself as Katz was. But again, I get why people would be annoyed by her.

rZSTGKH.png

2 lines later

lND0ved.png

Lol does Judeau Ashta have to choke a bitch? I think during ZZ Bright just really didn't give a fuck, probably just happy to be alive after watching the entire crew of Argama (or at the very least the useful portion of that crew) and watching the Radish go down as well. Bright must be haunted...probably thanking God he can't see ghosts Newtype style.

Seeing Newtype ghosts would be awful.

Imagine being haunted by Katz and Quess 24/7
Imagine being haunted by Katz, Quess and Hathaway. You'd have to shoot yourself, especially if Sarah shows up talking about Master Paptimus and Katz telling her she was wrong to follow...egads!!
Build Fighters Ep 14:
Sengoku Astray has a fucking Fuunsaiki!!! I must admit that I'm starting to like Aila since she's starting to be an actual person. She's like secret best girl when she's with Reiji.

It's no secret.
I agree she's pretty cool so far. Using a classic newtype suit and cleaning clocks with it. She's got a nice design too. Speaking of classic suits, I had no idea the Abigordine was based off a Victory suit. Thing looks like something out of Bio Booster Armor Guyver.

You are under a mistaken impression that Bright is giving any kind of a fuck.

fhiu8.jpget

So, apparently there's a seller in my state that sells both Gundam and Gundoom model kits and they have an HG Nu Gundoom that I want, so I might jump in on that. Would be nice. lol

Also, anyone have any experience with the HG Double X Gundam? I'm thinking about getting it for my roommate, who enjoys piloting it in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 because "...it has space lasers and that's awesome". I'm not sure if I should get him that or the Bandai EVA-03 model kit, and some impressions would help. Thanks!

Build Fighters Ep 16:
Nice to know Sei's dad isnt' either an asshole or dead like most Gundam dads. Watching Reiji and Aila fight together and building gunpla was pretty fun.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Build Fighters Ep 16:
Nice to know Sei's dad isnt' either an asshole or dead like most Gundam dads. Watching Reiji and Aila fight together and building gunpla was pretty fun.

Such a great ep

A conversation I had while watching this ep

"lolol, why is there a gunpla police?"

"well, there's a gunpla mafia"

"I guess that makes sense"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My biggest problem with GBF has got to be how unrealistic the time frame for the whole craze to get over/how old some of the participants are. It would make much more sense if the stolen crystal thing had happened 30 years or more ago so it really could be such a global event with mafias and police and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom