• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

Wtf is this shit? I feel like I've watched the fanservice grow from 0079 to ZZ. If I didn't have it on y'alls word that this gets better I'd be tempted to drop this.

CHlIgtM.jpg

CorvoSol

Wtf is this shit? I feel like I've watched the fanservice grow from 0079 to ZZ. If I didn't have it on y'alls word that this gets better I'd be tempted to drop this.

You're watching the bad translation of ZZ Gundam. The one Sunrise used to have on Gundam.info had Chara say something else. Like she ripped her shirt open cuz she couldn't breathe or something. I mean, Chara's character will definitely always involve trying to smother people with her breasts, but I'm pretty sure there's a really bad translation of ZZ floating around out there.

I tend to look at Chara as Tomino's toying with what happens when you have Zeta Gundam's Newtype power over women's pants but you don't want to get in them. Which is why Judau finds himself in awkward situations with ladies he isn't into.

Kwixotik

You're watching the bad translation of ZZ Gundam. The one Sunrise used to have on Gundam.info had Chara say something else. Like she ripped her shirt open cuz she couldn't breathe or something. I mean, Chara's character will definitely always involve trying to smother people with her breasts, but I'm pretty sure there's a really bad translation of ZZ floating around out there.

I tend to look at Chara as Tomino's toying with what happens when you have Zeta Gundam's Newtype power over women's pants but you don't want to get in them. Which is why Judau finds himself in awkward situations with ladies he isn't into.

Yeah, I was hoping that was the case. There's been enough dialogue I've been
2A263.png
at that I figured something had to be wrong. Between Judau calling Cello a "fag" and Cello responding to his subordinate's gratitude with "no homo" I was very confused.

2A263.png
at that I figured something had to be wrong. Between Judau calling Cello a "fag" and Cello responding to his subordinate's gratitude with "no homo" I was very confused.
LOL!! With the way Mashymre has those deluded ass fantasies about Haman there's no way he's gay. Fucking insane yes.

Acid08

Banned
While quite true there's a whole bunch more nudity in SEED (it's toned down a bit for Destiny, though that show does mirror a Harem Comedy at points,)

This is definitely true. I remember that AthrunxCagalli stranded episode where she was in her underwear cuz you know her clothes were wet.

what a bad show

CorvoSol

2A263.png

Haha, yeah you got the bad sub, man. MadP watched that exact one. Judau definitely doesn't go around doing that.

It's finally done ~_~ My second master grade.

Full album here http://imgur.com/a/WpZBK#0

I am quite happy with the result to be honest, except for the one stupid dumb transparent decal on the left shoulder (who the hell decided it is a good idea to make them transparent color). The non-transparent decals are from samueldecal, to be honest the quality is kind of lame. They are not precut, and half of the decals break in half while I am transferring to the model. This never happens to bandai decal (or the damn transparent one).

For color it is all vallejo, the metallic is really rough because I ran out of patient to brush it without thinning. There are a bunch of smugs because I forgot to double check my panel wash before sealing it (well I saw it, but got frustrated and went all YOLO).

I think I went a bit too creative on the color, I can't even tell it is Elpeo's unit without the huge logo. I smarten up this time and mixed 5 times more paints than I needed in case there are any scratches or peeling. When I reuse the paint I found out it turn into a different darker color. I guess the base purple is blended with the primer grey, but not the second "repair layer".

The model itself is awesome, it is between 1/122 and 1/100 scale. So many details and panel lines. Unfortunately like most Chinese gundoom model(yes they call them gundoom), it has zero mobility. There are bunch of movable joints, but the armors blocked most of the movements so there are no points. The PVC part sucks, they became loose easily, and both leg joints breaks on me. The stand that came with the model isn't strong enough to hold the model, I had to reinforce it.

Next project would be getting a tripod and light box for taking picture ~_~. May be finally start doing pre-shading.

Ugh, back to wondering if I should spend my hard earned pennies on a MG Qubeley or completing my HG Gundam Team. That QB looks so goooooood.

No it's for the extra pieces so another add on pack.

The price is less then a thousand yen and that ZZ looks identical to the current HGUC ZZ.

So like, is the backpack there what it is advertising? Cuz that almost looks like a better backpack than the ZZ's standard one. The backpack remains the one part of the ZZ's design I've never liked.

Beth Cyra

Haha, yeah you got the bad sub, man. MadP watched that exact one. Judau definitely doesn't go around doing that.

Ugh, back to wondering if I should spend my hard earned pennies on a MG Qubeley or completing my HG Gundam Team. That QB looks so goooooood.

So like, is the backpack there what it is advertising? Cuz that almost looks like a better backpack than the ZZ's standard one. The backpack remains the one part of the ZZ's design I've never liked.
Each gundam has what is equipped to them sitting in front. So that core fighter looking jet seems to be on the back of ZZ. However I'm not sure how good it will look as we don't get a clear view.

yami4ct

So looking at the photos, it seems to confirm that the base for the PG Unicorn is going to be the power unit for the LEDs. Makes sense. There's nowhere in the main suit to really house all the power necessary to run 30 LEDs for any length of time. Also explains why all the show models were tied to the base. Only problem that causes is for people who want it lit in a diorama or display. That being said, I doubt it'd be too hard to figure out a way to wire it to another external source. Now there's just the question of what's coming in the LED kit to justify the price. I'm almost willing to bet the base in the original kit is just a simplified version of the LED base and the LED kit will have another one come with it. That would explain some of the cost.

Wubby

Ahhh I knew it! The P-Bandai Full Armor set will include the waterslide decals for the PG unicorn. I have to get the FA set... I may have to wait on the kit and led set itself though... Think I'm getting a divorce so money may be tight next month... On the plus side to getting a divorce I'll have more time to devote to modeling! Have to look on the brightside I guess...

yami4ct

Full reveal of how the Unicorn LED kit works. Love the engineering on this thing.

Multiple LEDs in custom enclosures to better spread the light. Comes pre-wired in a few pieces which in turn have just plug in connectors to connect to the main power unit. Power is supplied through the base, as expected. Starting to see why it costs so much. If the image is the real kit, which it looks like it is, the effect is quite nice as well.

I like it a lot. I liked it enough to buy the Japanese Blu-ray.

It's free to watch on Gundam Info's Youtube channel with English subtitles. Nice precursor to Build Fighters.
Oh that's cool. Sounds like something to watch after build fighters then. I'll watch build fighters try when the season is done.

Zerojul

Guys, Gray Zeta MG is up for preorder, but it's a Bandai Premium exclusive. Is there a to-go place to order limited stuff like that ? The cheapest I found is NY at 8,5k...

Guys, Gray Zeta MG is up for preorder, but it's a Bandai Premium exclusive. Is there a to-go place to order limited stuff like that ? The cheapest I found is NY at 8,5k...
Aside from getting lucky with ebay, you're not going find many places that don't charge more for P-Bandai stuff.

Zerojul

Aside from getting lucky with ebay, you're not going find many places that don't charge more for P-Bandai stuff.

Of course. And in that regard, with 8,5k for a 7k retailer price, NY are being very reasonable with their pricing. I just wanted to know if there were other places to order from. I'll wait a bit to see if they get it at BIJ.

Full reveal of how the Unicorn LED kit works. Love the engineering on this thing.

Multiple LEDs in custom enclosures to better spread the light. Comes pre-wired in a few pieces which in turn have just plug in connectors to connect to the main power unit. Power is supplied through the base, as expected. Starting to see why it costs so much. If the image is the real kit, which it looks like it is, the effect is quite nice as well.

So is the led-reactive resin on the Psychoframe parts a new thing? They seem to be bragging about it so much, I'd wager not. I can't wait to see how it looks, although I might never see it in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom