• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem with GBF has got to be how unrealistic the time frame for the whole craze to get over/how old some of the participants are. It would make much more sense if the stolen crystal thing had happened 30 years or more ago so it really could be such a global event with mafias and police and shit.

You're thinking about it way too hard

NEO0MJ

Cell-shaded RX-78-2.
20141126104009d79.jpg

What sorcery is this? How was such a feat accomplished?

What sorcery is this? How was such a feat accomplished?

The main idea though is that you do the shading during the base coat so that the final color coat will appear shaded. That's my guess anyway, just realized the production shot is how all the parts were modified to make it look more like it was drawn.

yami4ct

Is it possible for them to give you money to take it?

Yeah, I'd rather not have CCA in any collection. It's too unspeakably bad. Gorgeous to look at, amazing UC mech designs, but everything else is such a steaming pile of dogshit.

To answer the original question, price looks OK to me. Not sure how much it goes for, but considering it's OOP due to Bandai Entertainment's unfortunate demise, I can't imagine it's too much less than that.

OK, fine.
We all know the star of the movie is
Chaaaaaaaaar.
I mean, come on.
Ugh, he sucks.

Also why did Hathaway get the coolest mobile suit?
I haven't seen it yet. All I ask of the show is that it lets Fumina wear something other than spankies. Really all I ask of this season.

In an alternate universe I would also be bold enough to beg them to give me a fucking custom ZZ, but nooooooo.
You were so wrong until you hurt me by reminding me a whole 10 people in the world care about ZZ.

CorvoSol

A bit too much of the worst parts of Victory in GBF today.

Corvo, post if you're okay?

I haven't seen it yet. All I ask of the show is that it lets Fumina wear something other than spankies. Really all I ask of this season.

In an alternate universe I would also be bold enough to beg them to give me a fucking custom ZZ, but nooooooo.

rKUYuKD.png

I have never needed a custom Gunpla so badly in my life.

All I ask of the show is that it lets Fumina wear something other than spankies. Really all I ask of this season.

This is seriously the thing bothering me most about the show. Nothing like overly sexy 7th graders in a plastic model combat fantasy anime... I guess ?

Also Sekai being paired with her is really awkward and feels really half assed, like half assed of an already half assed connection. Was rooting for the possible BBW relationship but anime had to go typical on me.

CorvoSol

This is seriously the thing bothering me most about the show. Nothing like overly sexy 7th graders in a plastic model combat fantasy anime... I guess ?

Also Sekai being paired with her is really awkward and feels really half assed, like half assed of an already half assed connection. Was rooting for the possible BBW relationship but anime had to go typical on me.

Well I think for the target audience it isn't as creepy, plus I kind of think there's some sort of character trope associated with the spankies and jacket that I'm overlooking, but it isn't the fact that she dresses that way that bugs me so much as that she doesn't change out of her outfit. The other cast members have default looks, too, but in one episode both Yuuma and Sekai underwent several costume changes while she did not.

Case in point is that Sekai has his school uniform, his red blazer and his martial arts get up going on, where Fumina only has the the two looks.

Beth Cyra

rKUYuKD.png

I have never needed a custom Gunpla so badly in my life.
Tri Zeta is a thing of beauty.

Now that Wing Zero Honoo and Hi Nu vRev have models I better get Tri Zeta.

Well I think for the target audience it isn't as creepy, plus I kind of think there's some sort of character trope associated with the spankies and jacket that I'm overlooking, but it isn't the fact that she dresses that way that bugs me so much as that she doesn't change out of her outfit. The other cast members have default looks, too, but in one episode both Yuuma and Sekai underwent several costume changes while she did not.

Case in point is that Sekai has his school uniform, his red blazer and his martial arts get up going on, where Fumina only has the the two looks.

Thats part of the problem too, and I keep wondering if shes cold because everyone else in the show is wearing a damn jacket yet shes strolling around like that.

CorvoSol

This is the first time I've been legitimately angry at GBFT. What a complete mishandling of a fight. I mean they telegraphed that Gyanko was going to lose WAY in advance, but they could've made that fight so much more interesting. At the very least they could've given her a fighting chance, made the fight matter.

We didn't need to be bored as shit by the inevitable loss of fucking BUBBLE TAPE when they could've spent more time on Gyanko beating the shit out of at least one of those assholes before going down.

What a rip off. This better not be the last time Gyanko steps into the ring, man.

I have a hard time deciding whether CCA or 00 is the worst thing I've seen from Gundam. Truly a battle of titans.

Nonsense. 00 is easily worse, and 00 S2 is THE worst Gundam related thing. What does 00 have going for it? CCA has Amuro and Char, Nu Gundam and the Sazabi, the introduction of funnels and awesome fights with Amuro schooling everyone

CorvoSol

Tri Zeta is a thing of beauty.

Now that Wing Zero Honoo and Hi Nu vRev have models I better get Tri Zeta.

Well at least it looks like its getting a Side MS?

Nonsense. 00 is easily worse, and 00 S2 is THE worst Gundam related thing. What does 00 have going for it? CCA has Amuro and Char, Nu Gundam and the Sazabi, the introduction of funnels and awesome fights with Amuro schooling everyone

I'll grant that 00 S2 and the movie are infinitely worse than CCA, but in what universe did CCA introduce funnels? Funnels are in all three of the shows preceding that film.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
CCA has great animation and some decent mecha designs. I'd put it in between 00 Season 1 (which I can stomach enough to finish) and Season 2 (which I cannot finish it is so bad)

I think all three are better than AGE, the worst Gundam animation.

CCA has great animation and some decent mecha designs. I'd put it in between 00 Season 1 (which I can stomach enough to finish) and Season 2 (which I cannot finish it is so bad)

I think all three are better than AGE, the worst Gundam animation.
CCA also has a pretty badass soundtrack.

I'll grant that 00 S2 and the movie are infinitely worse than CCA, but in what universe did CCA introduce funnels? Funnels are in all three of the shows preceding that film.

My bad, I think it's because I watched those shows way after CCA that I forgot where I saw the funnels first (and their use in CCA was what really struck me as super badass)

I didn't even bother with the 00 movie. Hell, it took me a while to even finish S2. It just became beam spam after a while

CorvoSol

CCA could have benefited greatly from Tomino taking the time to explain how we'd gotten from ZZ's end to its beginning.

It also could've benefited from Quess and Hathaway not being the most worthless pieces of shit.

Acid08

Banned

Amuro and Char fucking suck in that movie. It has half an awesome fight. It has awful characters throughout. The story is barely coherent. It is GARBAGE.

Edit: God even implying that there is inherent quality just because Amuro and Char are present is so ridiculous.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Amuro and Char fucking suck in that movie. It has half an awesome fight. It has awful characters throughout. The story is barely coherent. It is GARBAGE.

They sure do. At least Amuro is kinda consistent. Char is the one that has basically done a 180....and it's for possibly the dumbest of all reasons.

Edit: God even implying that there is inherent quality just because Amuro and Char are present is so ridiculous.

Sazabi and Nu deserved better. :(

yami4ct

They sure do. At least Amuro is kinda consistent. Char is the one that has basically done a 180....and it's for possibly the dumbest of all reasons.

Yep. 00 Season 2 was bad, but it really only destroyed the goodwill it had with me from liking Season 1. CCA destroys Char's character in such an unspeakably awful manner. It tears down 100 episodes+ of character growth for him. Just unforgivable. Part of the reason no matter how much I hate SEED Destiny or ZZ, CCA is easily my most disliked Gundam thing.

Or you can just accept the fact that a ruined child hood, adolscent years spent seeking petty revenge, and an adulthood spent meandering without a purpose did not produce a great man. That all in all Casval Rem Deikun could not enact the revolution, that his father dreamed off, because he could not look past himself and was always caught up in petty personal matters and grudges.

CorvoSol

I didn't like CCA, but come on guys, at least that movie half-made sense.

AWTB? Fucking 500 year old psychohistory plan to use sentient space metal to make a space flower bloom.

And let's bring back Nena Trinity's character as someone identical to her but not her because she was just such a hit.

AWTB should've just been the Celestial Being the movie scene and that's it.

I didn't like CCA, but come on guys, at least that movie half-made sense.

AWTB? Fucking 500 year old psychohistory plan to use sentient space metal to make a space flower bloom.

And let's bring back Nena Trinity's character as someone identical to her but not her because she was just such a hit.

AWTB should've just been the Celestial Being the movie scene and that's it.
CCA is at least rewatchable for me. I bought AWTB, watched it, got traumatized at the badness and I think I vowed never to watch that steaming pile of dog shit again. What the fuck did Setsuna even do in that damn thing again? Even the action was shit. It was just endless beam spamming. Was the soundtrack even good?

Build Fighters Ep 21:
Aila not giving a fuck is fucking hilarious!!!
rFpesdW.gif

RangerBAD

Or you can just accept the fact that a ruined child hood, adolscent years spent seeking petty revenge, and an adulthood spent meandering without a purpose did not produce a great man. That all in all Casval Rem Deikun could not enact the revolution, that his father dreamed off, because he could not look past himself and was always caught up in petty personal matters and grudges.

Exactly. His father's message got lost a long time ago.

That's how I see it. Sometimes our heroes really don't turn out how we'd like them to.

Acid08

Banned
As if this is any excuse for there being zero explanation of why he became who he was in CCA from who he was in Zeta.

Char was never a "hero" but he sure as hell wasn't the dumb trash monster he was in CCA. That movie completely fails at setting up the single most important aspect of the whole thing.

Slow day at work so I tried my hand at poetry

Great Trojan Horse takes center stage
to assault Solomon

Zeon shall feel burning rage
This victory solemn
Solar ray shines bright

Sieg Zeon

Sieg Zeon

Zeon sends out it’s bravest prince
The Big Zam will prove right
The federation will be convinced
they cannot win this fight
A new space age

Sieg Zeon
Sieg Zeon

Just finished Build Fighters today. It was a fun series. Aila is confirmed best girl, not enough Miss Sazabi at the end, but she seems to have the best taste in GunPla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom