• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I always forget that After War Gundam X exists.

It's a real shame it gets forgotten so often. Show itself is hit or miss (I love it, but see a lot of hate for it), but the mech design is some of the best stuff Okawara has done for the franchise. X, Double X and Airmaster are all so damn cool.

Still waiting for my R-Gyagya... also wondering why I did not pay 2 extra dollars for expedited shipping. Sometimes being a cheapass goes hand and hand with being a dumbass :(

Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD 4

I guess like with Seed HD they still felt a need to remaster some rather pointless scenes while leaving some actiony scenes as it (surrender scene remastered, other scenes not), nice but odd.

Talia is not like Natarle at all, I want Natarle back while they can keep Talia. If it was Natarle they wouldnt have gotten trapped.

A question for you dudes, should I watch ZZ before Char's Counterattack or am I okay with going straight from Zeta to CC?
Watch ZZ but be prepared for a first half of the show with no main plot. It's fine if you want something lighter after Zeta, but some of it just doesn't work.

ZZ is 80s as fuck. so in that regard it's worth a watch alone.
ZZ doubled down on that 80's aesthetic. Zeta had a good balance, but ZZ is like Flash Dance or Foot Loose the anime. Some characters I don't mind, but man. Chara looks like a member of Spinal Tap.
Chara_Soon.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can feel my hair getting poofier and more colorful just from looking at that.

I can feel my hair getting poofier and more colorful just from looking at that.
I think it even has the most 80's like gundam theme with Anime Ja Nai. Definitely one I learned to love after a couple of listens, but my favorites are the two Zeta OP's and War in a Pocket.

Acid08

Banned
I think it even has the most 80's like gundam theme with Anime Ja Nai. Definitely one I learned to love after a couple of listens, but my favorites are the two Zeta OP's and War in a Pocket.

Silent Voice blows all other UC openings away. Also marks when the show gets reeeeeeeeeal good.

Silent Voice blows all other UC openings away. Also marks when the show gets reeeeeeeeeal good.
It's a good op, just not my favorite like the 2 Zeta ones, it's definitely up there and blows away the Victory ones. It's up there with Men of Destiny for me, both are hype as fuck. Actually now that I think about it Silent Voice actually is better than the first Zeta OP, the second one will always be my favorite.

Hoshi no Mizu is the best. Silent Voice is good too. When I get off work I'll post my rankings for the whole franchise
Hoshi no Mizu is my fucking jam. It's just beautiful and illustrates the tone perfectly for the last half of Zeta. It's beautiful but it has this sad, heart breaking tone to it. I do believe the singer loves performing it as well. Zeta Gundam has one of my favorite soundtracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fvEo5PHGY&index=13&list=PLcukaksQEfySb_U5Vx4Nq38313p-V4VHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_hBHtYz4kE
I also really like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsANxg_vOfU&list=PL0aMZ8LNNxn3eSZYBRYk27IsXTKBtC5L2&index=11

Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD 5

Yzak being a commander now was nice, and that scene with Dearka, I missed Dearka so much, hes the best of their class.
B76ZjfoIQAA-nMH.png

I hope Athrun Zala gets a gundam in this instead of these standard issue suits, his arent even as nice as Lunamaria's Zaku even. Maybe he can switch with Shinn, I bet he'd be better than him (unless Shinn gets a power upgrade soon, I hope. Hes not bad but just seems weaker than all the other characters). I remember Athrun and Kira were all really awesome right from the start.

Also made me think of Metal Gear Solid.
B76XwjcIEAA0h4-.png

Not just Gundam but Gundam SEED. One of the most nonsense branches of the franchise.
Not only was it Gundam Seed it was fucking Gundam Seed Destiny. Logic got thrown out the window so fast. I can watch the show but holy shit it's got problems. There's a part of me that wishes it was just a show that focused on Athrun and his friends several years after Seed instead of Shinn and his crew plus Jesus Yamato, Meer "Gainax" Campbell and Lacus.

Not just Gundam but Gundam SEED. One of the most nonsense branches of the franchise.

Original Gundam was pretty bad. The most important ship in the Earth Fed's special forces had a teenage supreme commanding officer.

Also, dictator of Neo Zeon in ZZ was a teen girl.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I would question the wisdom of promoting a 17 year old boy to high ranking commissioned officer... but fuck it, gundam.

It is a show where everyone is spamming super beams and normal mobile suits got destroy dynasty warrior style. 17 must be pretty old in the military.

Or may be it is just because his mother is one of the powerful council members.

Well they are genetically modified super people made to fight so rich old folk don't have to.

But yeah, in a series where there are jet engine sound effects in space, shit sound effects in general, lets not get on the logic train to hard :p

I would question the wisdom of promoting a 17 year old boy to high ranking commissioned officer... but fuck it, gundam.
Elite and high ranking troops being a bunch of child soldiers is a thing that has been established since episode 1 of seed though?

Original Gundam was pretty bad. The most important ship in the Earth Fed's special forces had a teenage supreme commanding officer.

Also, dictator of Neo Zeon in ZZ was a teen girl.
MSG explained that by necessity followed by the White Base actually not being important at all and being used as a diversionary force or a sacrificial pawn at all times.
It was a shock and surprised to pretty much everyone that the not everyone on the White Base died a horrible death while in combat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It actually makes more sense in UC than in SEED as to why there are so many youngsters in ZAFT. They never had any throw away lines that the last batch of coordinators were specifically suited for war because of the building tensions or anything like that. Nope, ZAFT is filled with younglings because it's Gundam and that's how it works.

yami4ct

Char was 20 in 0079 lol
27 in Zeta, 33 in CCA.

He aged fast.

I think he got lost in some time loop during ZZ. Explains why he never shows up there and looks like 15 years older in CCA.
Also, his insane character shift. Being lost in time would drive anyone batty!

Aside from height, Amuro barely changes at all so it's more likely that the character artists on the show just have a hard time with proper age progression.

just wondering, how is the MS IGLOO stuff if i look at it solely for extra material for uc?

Isn't IGLOO all just random UC side stories? Pretty sure that's the case. It's Evolve that does weird stuff in other timelines.

Beth Cyra

So I finished the Main Body of the Wing Zero EW RG, and my goddess the thing is TINY.

Granted Wing kits are always small but having it on a RG frame makes it feel even smaller then normal. It terrifies me thinking of God Gundam or Victory in RG form given they are even smaller then Zero.

On a side note Zero is really amazing because so far I'd say that the most stable RG's are MK II and Destiny but Zero easily gives them a run for the money and whats more it has the Wing's which regardless of your feelings on them their construction and stability is really amazing for a RG.

Lastly I find the complaints that Wing Zero EW being the least RG of the RG's so far to be an odd one. Destiny and SF are much, much closer to their original line art then Zero is. The wings have several new elements and the camera color changes along with the hand changes makes it really stand out as a new design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom