• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

Unicorn 7

-no, riddhe you are the newtypes. and then riddhe was a newtype
-FUCK THAT GUY, not only does he kill the best character in the show, but also finally destroys the best suit, unacceptable.
-What insane dimensions does Frontal's final suit/armor have, that thing is insane
-Time....travelling?
-So Frontal was kinda Char, just not so much?
-I don't quite understand, the AD leaders knew that newtypes would possibly appear in the future?

All in all, pretty great series up there with Zeta as the best of the UC.

Unicorn 7

-no, riddhe you are the newtypes. and then riddhe was a newtype
-FUCK THAT GUY, not only does he kill the best character in the show, but also finally destroys the best suit, unacceptable.
-What insane dimensions does Frontal's final suit/armor have, that thing is insane
-Time....travelling?
-So Frontal was kinda Char, just not so much?
-I don't quite understand, the AD leaders knew that newtypes would possibly appear in the future?

All in all, pretty great series up there with Zeta as the best of the UC.

Lol another passenger on the fuck Riddhe hate train.

Glemy gave us Marida so his sins/weirdness/creepiness can be expunged.
But Marida was only as good as she was because of Zinnerman's parenting skills. Who knows what she would've turned into without that guy. If this is the case Glemy is the reason why she can't have kids.

He's welcome to ride this train. Riddhe was the biggest pansy. Took bad he was actually a decent mobile suit pilot.
Riddhe had some of the coolest suits. He either needed a Bright slap or one of these:
kamilleoptyzkf.gif

Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD Episode 12
B9ReBGpCYAANYcJ.png

Fantastic fight. I loved seeing minerva in such a situation and how they had to manage it. Was afraid Gladys and her crew would die but well amazing things always happen in the world of Gundam

Shinn was so cool. Finally performing on a level close to Athrun and Kira against not only the Mobile Armor but the rest of the fleet (Which why didnt they have other mobile suits. Kind of silly to think they just need standard battleships against the Minerva which they knew to have the firepower it has and mobile suits too).

The 2nd ed is pretty great. Loved the Kira poses, Athrun pose, and Shinn poses too. Wish they were just as gratuitous with Athrun Zala as they do with Kira's stunning body :

I think I'm going to just do 1/144 kits from now on. If the RG line continues to expand, you really don't miss out on much. Basically, while I love MG kits, they are just too big.

HOWEVER, I don't like how the RG line lacks bad-guy suits. HG will always be the king of variety, but why have RG Strike and no RG Aegis?! RG Zeta and no RG The O? The difference between Exia's inner frame and my Freedom's inner-frame is so different you might as well call them a different class of gunpla. Exia is SOOOOO much better. Solid like an action figure.

Also, I'm relatively new to clear-coat, and something I've noticed: it seems like it looks considerably better after a few days to a week then it does after just one day. I have no idea why, but there probably is a reason.

Yeah its like the fourth best Gundam series and has one of the best anime movies for the whole entertainment medium. The lead of this Gundam is personally up there with Kira/Athrun, Asemu and Heero for me. Unforgettable.
Kira and Athrun knew how to carry a conversation. I would never say that about Setsuna, especially during the first season. Kira, Athrun and Heero also know what a female is and how to react to one.

Just look up Celestial Being The Movie on youtube, those are the best 5 minutes from Awakening of the Trailblazer. You can watch it after you finish Season 1 of 00 I guess.

Is 00 worth watching?

I came into Gundam late, just last year. So with no nostalgia, I personally think it is one of the more compelling series to watch. The world in which they live is closer to our own, and thus the series has a more eerie sci-fi feel. The Gundams seem other-worldly, and a bit sinister.

Basically, a giant super-computer built by this genius German guy is directing the actions of a paramilitary organization called Celestial Being. You always wonder if the computer's goals are altruistic. Or even more so, if the computer's goals, as noble as they might seem, are being achieved devoid of empathy for human beings or respect for the inherent value of human life. (Think Char in CCA)

So, the computer recruits people to be its soldiers. They are all people who have been hurt by warfare, so maybe they might believe in the super computer's stated goal to 'eradicate all war and prepare humanity for dialogues to come.' Or... just maybe it picked people who, for one reason or another, can be easily manipulated because of extreme-follower mentalities People who fanatically serve authority figures.

Season 2 is indeed not as good, but if you've heard people say it sucks, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. I love the world, art, and visual charisma of 80's Gundam.. but as far as just plot goes, 00 is infinitely more entertaining, IMO as someone who has no nostalgic attachment to old Gundam. Those old series were about 26 episodes too long. OO is probably 13 eps too long. So, a step up. lol

Acid08

Banned
I came into Gundam late, just last year. So with no nostalgia, I personally think it is one of the more compelling series to watch. The world in which they live is closer to our own, and thus the series has a more eerie sci-fi feel. The Gundams seem other-worldly, and a bit sinister.

Basically, a giant super-computer built by this genius German guy is directing the actions of a paramilitary organization called Celestial Being. You always wonder if the computer's goals are altruistic. Or even more so, if the computer's goals, as noble as they might seem, are being achieved devoid of empathy for human beings or respect for the inherent value of human life. (Think Char in CCA)

So, the computer recruits people to be its soldiers. They are all people who have been hurt by warfare, so maybe they might believe in the super computer's stated goal to 'eradicate all war and prepare humanity for dialogues to come.' Or... just maybe it picked people who, for one reason or another, can be easily manipulated because of extreme-follower mentalities People who fanatically serve authority figures.

Season 2 is indeed not as good, but if you've heard people say it sucks, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. I love the world, art, and visual charisma of 80's Gundam.. but as far as just plot goes, 00 is infinitely more entertaining, IMO as someone who has no nostalgic attachment to old Gundam. Those old series were about 26 episodes too long. OO is probably 13 eps too long. So, a step up. lol
This is what I thought. Couldn't possibly be as bad as people were saying.

It really, really was.

RangerBAD

Man, you went deep into that hole. Probably too deep. lol

The first season is actually solid. The mecha designs were pretty varied and Kenji Kawai was Kenji Kawai. It's one of the things I got hyped about when they first announced it.

Watch Victory Gundam instead.

Victory is best Gundamu. (well next to Zeta).

Thanks for the heads-up gais. I'v been told by errybody that it was worth skipping, I'll eventually watch it but for now I'll watch, idk probably 8th MS or something. I'v seen all but 00 and ZZ (saw one episode, immediately hated the tone and characters). So I'll watch it just... later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom