• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

So, I'm a masochist apparently, because I want to watch 00 and see how much I'll hate it.
!

I want to watch 00 sometime. I watched season one on Sci-Fi Channel, but I didn't bother with season two after I found out that they were cutting stuff to get more commercial time.

S01 is very competent. S02...sweet jesus.
They did nothing with the Setsuna x Marina stuff. You put Marina in front of any other male Gundam protag and they would've done the business. Even Kou "fuck carrots" Araki managed to snag Nina. Setsuna was too busy sweet talking Exia. Shit, even Athrun had his own harem anime spliced into Seed Destiny. Every woman wanted a piece of him in that thing.

You say this as if it's a good thing.
At least Kou knew what her role was in the story, granted yes she didn't realize who Gato was when she first saw the guy and had a lot of stupid mood swings. She's the love interest. Setsuna didn't know what the heck to do with Marina.

Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD Episode 13

Everytime I see Murrue I think of Natarle and just get sad. I was also disappointed Murrue was just a body guard role now. I miss her being the epic captain of the best ship. I hope its soon.

Kira back in action was fantastic, they even gave nice remastered scenes to him. It really makes me glad that the other Gundams Ive seen (apart from Wing) all have good looking scenes for the Gundams. I live for these remastered moments.

Tecl0n

At least Kou knew what her role was in the story, granted yes she didn't realize who Gato was when she first saw the guy and had a lot of stupid mood swings. She's the love interest. Setsuna didn't know what the heck to do with Marina.

He knew her full name though. He made sure no one ever forget it.

ELS Setsuna is the best! He got human emotions from the power up! BTW the ability of the ELS lets them merge with objects so Setsuna technically became Gundam LOL.

Call me a sappy fuck or whatever but......better imo.
But ZZ never happens and they probably wouldn't come to realization that they don't want to be soldiers either. I honestly felt for Kamille when he got mind raped or had his consciousness locked up or whatever.

Acid08

Banned
But ZZ never happens and they probably wouldn't come to realization that they don't want to be soldiers either. I honestly felt for Kamille when he got mind raped or had his consciousness locked up or whatever.

I mean this is never actually going to replace Zeta's ending for me. But if I was viewing it as its own entity, with no sequel, then I like this better.

I'm apparently weird though since I don't think Zeta is the hottest shit ever and would welcome changes to it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean this is never actually going to replace Zeta's ending for me. But if I was viewing it as its own entity, with no sequel, then I like this better.

I'm apparently weird though since I don't think Zeta is the hottest shit ever and would welcome changes to it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't worry about it. If there's one thing I've noticed on here is that not everybody likes the same shows. Every list pretty much is a personalized favorites list. Show isn't perfect, but the ending does keep the tone of the show consistent. It's almost like Kamille is reborn again at the end of Zeta because he seems borderline infant at times, especially when Judau sees him and Kamille gives him that childlike stare.

ZZ Ep 31:

How old is Puru Two supposed to be and why didn't Glemy put clothes on her before he put her in cold sleep?

Acid08

Banned
Read the first volume of Thunderbolt and absolutely love it. The little details they give the suits look incredible and I adore the blue/yellow GM color scheme. This is some real robot shit right here. It does a good job of endearing the Space Nazi protagonist to you, I love the concept of the "dead" unit he's in. Waiting for them to do something with Mr. Cocky Spiked Hair to make him a bit more relatable, but he's okay so far. Disappointed that there aren't many chapters translated right now.

*adds more gunpla to wishlist*

Zerojul

Read the first volume of Thunderbolt and absolutely love it. The little details they give the suits look incredible and I adore the blue/yellow GM color scheme. This is some real robot shit right here. It does a good job of endearing the Space Nazi protagonist to you, I love the concept of the "dead" unit he's in. Waiting for them to do something with Mr. Cocky Spiked Hair to make him a bit more relatable, but he's okay so far. Disappointed that there aren't many chapters translated right now.

*adds more gunpla to wishlist*

I really need to read those. I love what I've seen of the mecha design so far, and the "real robot" feeling you're talking about.

Is no one gonna say anything on how he is handily groping that ass.
It's Fa. How can you not grope dat ass or whatever that normal suit allows you to grope.
Are you seriously asking why Glemy didn't put clothes on an underage girl?

HE'S GLEMY.
Well when he's thirsty for Roux at least he's thirsty for a somewhat legal aged woman....Puru Two's an under aged clone, that's straight up creeper status.

Finished Wingu.

So, I'm a masochist apparently, because I want to watch 00 and see how much I'll hate it.

I'll be posting a play by play of course, as is custom!

Season 1 is good.

Season 2 starts off the same way but quickly drops off a cliff in terms of story. OST and action remain fairly decent though.

As for my thoughts on the movie:

uPtquZi.jpg

Season 1 is good.

Season 2 starts off the same way but quickly drops off a cliff in terms of story. OST and action remain fairly decent though.

As for my thoughts on the movie:

Regarding Season 2 Andrei Smirnov and Louise can jump off and bridge into a lake full of magma, they didn't solely ruin the show, but they sure as fuck didn't help.

Acid08

Banned
Gunpla get!

First I want to say something about HLJ, this was my first order from them. Private Warehouse is great. These were January restock items and each came in about a week apart from each other. Instead of having to ship four kits separately I used PW to just make one big shipment. Such an awesome feature. Box was well packed too, I'll definitely be buying more gunpla from them....as soon as they actually have some stock haha.

As for the kits themselves, I'm super excited about them.

MG Shining and Master Gundams: With these, I now have all the Master Grade G Gundam kits. I really liked the MG God but wasn't huge on the MG Spiegel so I'm interested to see how these turned out. I'm going to paint parts of the Shining so I'll probably be keeping that one on retainer for a bit. Very excited to build the Master so I can do some ~siq~ poses with the God.

HG ZZ: ZZ Gundam is my favorite of the original Gundam stuff(0079, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA). I really like the ZZ but I'm not in love with it, which is why I went for the HG instead of the MG. The box is bigger than most HG kits which makes sense, the ZZ is a big Gundam with lots of parts. This'll be the first one I build, gonna dig into it later today.

HG Zaku 1 Thunderbolt ver: So, I stumbled on this kits just browsing the HLJ selection and loved the way it looks. Orange is a pretty unique color and I love the retro, early technology look of it. I hadn't read any of Thunderbolt before buying this but I recently did and I think it's pretty amazing. Vindicated this purchase even more AND now I want three more kits from that series haha.

Ken

Receiving new gunpla is always exciting. I just wish I could motivate myself to actually work on kits more often.

ZZ Ep 36:

Is it safe to assume Glemy's a whacked out pedophile? He awakens Puru 2 without even handing her a bath robe and seems to glare at her while holding a conversation with a naked pre pubescent girl. Stay chivalrous Glemy, not to mention the fact that he has about 12 of them. Plus his obsession with Leina whom he wanted to improve on and give her culture.

Ep 37:

So Puru is dead and seriously nobody stops for a second to mourn her? How many months did they spend with her?

Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD Episode 14

B9rd9QwIEAAj3jr.png:large

2nd OP is incredible, Auel got one of the best ones this time, and all the ones of ZAFT suitded and standing there looks incredible.

Loved the episode even if it was kind of predictable at what would happen with Cagalli. Much better than what I thought would have happened
she'd get married then the one she was with would die

Too many kissing scenes.

ZZ Ep 36:

Is it safe to assume Glemy's a whacked out pedophile? He awakens Puru 2 without even handing her a bath robe and seems to glare at her while holding a conversation with a naked pre pubescent girl. Stay chivalrous Glemy, not to mention the fact that he has about 12 of them. Plus his obsession with Leina whom he wanted to improve on and give her culture.

Ep 37:

So Puru is dead and seriously nobody stops for a second to mourn her? How many months did they spend with her?

Welcome to the nonsense I can't keep pointing out either. Puru's death bothered me simply because no one gave a fuck and I did not even like the character.

Welcome to the nonsense I can't keep pointing out either. Puru's death bothered me simply because no one gave a fuck and I did not even like the character.
I think in the previous episode she even confessed her love for Judau. I know she was a pain in the ass, but she still cared about everybody else. Even Roberto got a "Robertooo" in Zeta or something and when Emma died Kamille flipped his wig. Puru got nothing.

Ep 38:

Can Emaly stop trying to ride Bright's dick? The dude's married with two kids.

ZZ Ep 40:

Is the cross dressing part of FFVII pretty much a spoof of this episode? Judau or Ilno didn't prepare their whole lives for this kind of mission like Tieria. Fuck even Ilno got accepted...Judau's not bishi enough.

RangerBAD

Only 13 more days until The Origin I is released theatrically in Japan. Does anyone know when we'll be able to stream it?

Who knows if they'll even release it that way. Could cut into ticket and BD sales. Maybe they'll do it through a paid service like they did with Unicorn and PSN.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ep 37:

By this time, I think Judas is pretty used to death already. I guess it is just an unspoken rule that no one will talk about it, since they are still in the middle of a war.

By this time, I think Judas is pretty used to death already. I guess it is just an unspoken rule that no one will talk about it, since they are still in the middle of a war.
Cause fuck the little girl that tried to be there for you as a sister when you thought you had lost your real one. Puru loved Judau.

Well he had already gone through hell when that stuff with his sister happened. That whole experience changed him.
This is true. Kamille lost his father and his mom literally died in front of him in a horrible fashion and even he managed to visibly mourn Rosamia and Four. I know it's apples to oranges but it was weird. Judau even spent more time with Puru than Kamille did with Four and Rosamia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom