• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
I think the enemy mech designs will get better once they reveal they are
human-piloted
. I figure after that point they'll start building their own Gundams. Which is probably why they're after the Gundam and AGE system in the first place (assuming they are).

Also the nice thing about the story being generational, is I'm expecting massive design changes each generation from both sides. So hopefully the enemy mech design will get more complex and interesting, because yeah, the enemy mech designs are the worst part of the show so far.

Blader

I hope the people who complain about aliens in 00/AGE aren't the same people who complain that Gundam is stale and never tries anything new.

Speaking of AGE ep. 2, was I watching correctly or is Grodek supposed to
be some kind of enemy?

Blader5489 said:
I hope the people who complain about aliens in 00/AGE aren't the same people who complain that Gundam is stale and never tries anything new.
I didn't watch the 00 movie. But AGE is stale and old and it's not trying anything new. What's your point?

Blader5489 said:

Speaking of AGE ep. 2, was I watching correctly or is Grodek supposed to
be some kind of enemy?

Trying new things is good. 00 movie was just not good at all.

Ep. 2 was alright although as of the moment I'm just in it for the ride, not really something I have to eagerly watch but its not that bad that it gets on my nerves. I think the AGE system is really powerful
and maybe the end game gundam would have the system built-in with his body, or the whole gundam itself is a walking AGE system that can just make any weapon it needs in every situation.LOL

1stStrike

Banned
Time to watch the first 2 eps of gundam age tonight. If it pisses me off I'm going to shake my fists angrily at the sky and... well, that's about it.

61kYXp9Ak8L._SL500_300_.jpg

Hello there, beautiful Gundam UC cover art.

So after watching the first two episodes of Ages, I have to say it's pretty decent. Yes I dislike the character designs, but everything seems promising. I bet the Unknown Enemy is going to lead to a Nadeisco like twist, but I'm still very interested in where the show will go with them. I like Flit, he seems actually less angsty then other main characters. In fact the show seems pretty lighthearted and less dramatic compared to Seed and 00. That's a good thing. I like the Captain, he seems bad ass.

So yeah, Ages is ok.

1stStrike

Banned
SonicX_Zero said:
Ep. 2 was alright although as of the moment I'm just in it for the ride, not really something I have to eagerly watch but its not that bad that it gets on my nerves. I think the AGE system is really powerful
and maybe the end game gundam would have the system built-in with his body, or the whole gundam itself is a walking AGE system that can just make any weapon it needs in every situation.LOL

Yea, after watching the first two eps - the AGE system is pretty much just an iwin button. It's like, skill? Who needs that?! *presses iwin button over and over*

Divvy said:
That guy in the bottom middle looks super weird wtf.

Also, I don't think those are affiliated with the doggie mech peoples

I saw those earlier today.
I think they are affiliated with the UE, look at the eyes. They're the same.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
distantmantra said:
I saw those earlier today.
I think they are affiliated with the UE, look at the eyes. They're the same.

Yeah it's possible. I didn't mean that they weren't, just not officially since they have a mobile suit designation whereas the UE ones don't?

Divvy said:
Yeah it's possible. I didn't mean that they weren't, just not officially since they have a mobile suit designation whereas the UE ones don't?

I think they've been purposely leaving off the designation on the UE suits. They're humans for sure.

BlueWord

Rahxephon91 said:
So after watching the first two episodes of Ages, I have to say it's pretty decent. Yes I dislike the character designs, but everything seems promising. I bet the Unknown Enemy is going to lead to a Nadeisco like twist, but I'm still very interested in where the show will go with them. I like Flit, he seems actually less angsty then other main characters. In fact the show seems pretty lighthearted and less dramatic compared to Seed and 00. That's a good thing. I like the Captain, he seems bad ass.

So yeah, Ages is ok.

Pretty much my take, so far. A more lighthearted take on Gundam seems so refreshing after the SEED and 00.

Cloudy

Banned
The show is okay so far but this is a step back after SEED and 00 IMO. WTF at some of the character designs and the AGE Builder premise is beyond ridiculous.

Where's ep 4 of Unicorn, plz?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I think more ridiculous things have happened in more serious gundam series than the builder system.

Any streaming links to episode 2 and 3? Haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

EDIT: NVM, just watched both episodes. I can see how the AGE system would be the core RPG element in the upcoming game, heh.

Coxy

well
Time travel bullshit is very level 5 which makes it plausible, but why would a level 5 employee be disgruntled when they pulled this shit in most of the stuff they ever made?

Coxy

Yeah that looks sweet, hopefully turns out good, right now it sounds like
Victory Gundam happy edition

if we're getting the rest of Unicorn, that, Origins and Gaia Gear that's pretty amazing

^ At least this one is supposed to be animated.

Just read the supposed leak about AGE. I will have to say I kinda like that premise. Also, Grodek is pretty boss. I'm expecting Bright Slaps/Punches very soon.

donkey show said:
Just read the supposed leak about AGE. I will have to say I kinda like that premise. Also, Grodek is pretty boss. I'm expecting Bright Slaps/Punches very soon.

Not even my dad hit me! Cause he is deeeeaaaaaaaaad :(

Blader

This is allegedly what G Reko is about, thematically:

well no one seems to have mentioned this, but the intent of the show is for children growing up after the Tohoku Earthquake to help them find their goals in life. He also talked abou twanting the show to still be fresh even viewing it 100 years later mentioning "2001 Space Odyssey's" flat monitors being an example of how some ideas can transend an era. Then there were some discussions about the increasingly dominant role of females as a reason for having a story about an elder sister and a younger brother. Most of the article talked basically about the designs and the rationale for the designs. Some what interesting, but nothing too speical. There is definitely quite a bit of thought into the setting of the world and its technologies.

PhiLonius

Close to finishing Victory and so far Zeta has got nothing on this
in terms of the sheer number of deaths. It's just laughable at this point. Characters are dying before I can even remember their name.

Blader

Yeah, Victory is stupid.

As annoying as 90% of Zeta's cast was, there were some deaths I actually cared about.
APOLLY nooooooo!

PhiLonius

Yeah. At this point I can easily say it's my least favorite in the series. Suit design, with the exception of the V2 and maybe 1 or 2 others, isn't that great either.

And I can't take the balaclava-wearing enemy seriously.

Also...
Emma Sheen

I just read through the AGE rumors. They fit with some of the comments and actions of certain characters, but
Hino Company? Really?!? Is Hino really that full of himself? Duckroll, don't answer that. :lol

With that said, we had a ton of leaked 00 plot lines that never came to fruition. Just gonna have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'll keep enjoying AGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom