• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hteng

Banned
Well
it's not like he wasn't going to take the killshot at the end. The reason he stopped himself was because Loni actually surrendered.

yea i guess i had higher expectation of him. I thought he would be like
"fuck this, i'm gonna save this bitch if it means hurling myself onto the fucking mega particle cannon!" sort of awesome way

here's hoping this scenario is rectified in the SRW games heh.

54-46!

Are they making more Fix Figuration toys? I really want a Metal Composite ReZEL.

And no.. I haven't found my Unicorn box, it's gone ;_;

2.jpg

I'm liking these SD Age units. They actually look way more fitting in this configuration. Will get all of them.

Are they making more Fix Figuration toys? I really want a Metal Composite ReZEL.

And no.. I haven't found my Unicorn box, it's gone ;_;

FUUUUUUUU

Mrcapcom

I have never seen the Orginal Gundam Series so I was going to buy the 3 Movies. Is there a BluRay in the works or already out or should I just buy the dvds?

I have never seen the Orginal Gundam Series so I was going to buy the 3 Movies. Is there a BluRay in the works or already out or should I just buy the dvds?

No Blu-ray in Japan, so no Blu-ray for us. You can get the Move Trilogy on DVD or the TV series, which was recently released on DVD with the original Japanese audio.

X-Frame

Just watched Unicorn Episode 4 and damn, my favorite one yet.

Everything from the animation to the soundtrack was amazing. But WTF with that cliffhanger? I can't even comprehend what will happen next time ..

ACESmkII

Yeah, all this praise for Unicorn ep 4 and my pre-order for the blu ray doesn't ship till the 2nd of December...my patience is running out.

Is it Eng dub only on PSN??

X-Frame

Unicorn Ep. 4 question:

So what was with that Dragonball Z aura battle at the end between Banagher and Loni? What was happening there?

So I'm watching all of UC Gundam in release order, ZZ is.. rough, I'm 10 episodes in - does it get any better?

It gets lot better after the first 20 some episodes, once the Moon Moon arc is done. The show actually gets decent but the ending kinda just shits on it all. The silly fun and cast remains though which some people can't get over.

1stStrike

Banned
It gets lot better after the first 20 some episodes, once the Moon Moon arc is done. The show actually gets decent but the ending kinda just shits on it all. The silly fun and cast remains though which some people can't get over.

I couldn't even make it that far. Only gundam series I can't finish and probably never will. I had such high hopes after Zeta too. Zeta = perfection for me.

Especially this scene.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I couldn't even make it that far. Only gundam series I can't finish and probably never will. I had such high hopes after Zeta too. Zeta = perfection for me.

Especially this scene.

I think that's what made me dislike ZZ so much. Zeta really is perfection. It's easily my favorite Gundam series, but Unicorn is pretty god damn baller, too.

Unicorn pulls the UC heart strings for me in the same way that good UC should. After Seed, Destiny and 00, I was convinced good Gundam wasn't possible anymore. I'm so glad Unicorn proved me wrong.

Really, what it proves is that UC Gundam will always be the best Gundam.

(Also, that is by far my favorite scene in Zeta)

1stStrike

Banned
I think that's what made me dislike ZZ so much. Zeta really is perfection. It's easily my favorite Gundam series, but Unicorn is pretty god damn baller, too.

Unicorn pulls the UC heart strings for me in the same way that good UC should. After Seed, Destiny and 00, I was convinced good Gundam wasn't possible anymore. I'm so glad Unicorn proved me wrong.

Really, what it proves is that UC Gundam will always be the best Gundam.

(Also, that is by far my favorite scene in Zeta)

*bro hug*

I agree 100%. Nothing outside of UC has been able to compare thus far.

PhiLonius

Post episode 20-25 or so, I love ZZ but the ending was just weird.
Judau spends the whole series talking about and fighting to get his sister back, and when he finally does he throws the deuces and leaves for Jupiter. Also, I was laughing so hard when Puru Two dies and, not only are you not sure what happens, nobody even mentions it.

Plus they killed Haman :(

Especially this scene.

So good. "CHAR!!"

I hate Katz. Sooo much.

Well I watched episode 4 of Unicorn. It was nice to see some good old UC mech action and less Mineva Zabi. Banagher was also less boring and he seems to be actually going somewhere and I liked a lot of the moral aspects of the battlefield that they had going on. But I think the Unicorn is one of the most boring main Gundams of the franchisee.

So it was an ok episode. Better then the recent episodes of AGE for sure.

1stStrike

Banned
Well I watched episode 4 of Unicorn. It was nice to see some good old UC mech action and less Mineva Zabi. Banagher was also less boring and he seems to be actually going somewhere and I liked a lot of the moral aspects of the battlefield that they had going on. But I think the Unicorn is one of the most boring main Gundams of the franchisee.

So it was an ok episode. Better then the recent episodes of AGE for sure.

Eh? What do you hate about the unicorn gundam? I think it looks pristine in all white. When that transformation music starts up and the gundam changes it's pretty awesome.

Also, the awesomeness was further enhanced in episode 4 by bright when he just stands up and goes, "Gundam!"

B.K.

Also, the awesomeness was further enhanced in episode 4 by bright when he just stands up and goes, "Gundam!"

It would have been better if he had slapped someone.

Someone posted earlier that episode four had some major changes from the light novels. What did they change?

Blader

It would have been better if he had slapped someone.

He verbally slapped Riddhe.

Someone posted earlier that episode four had some major changes from the light novels. What did they change?

in the novels, Loni's father is still alive. Her family are Islamic fundamentalists (though they still have ties to Zeon). The attack on Dakar is a much larger battle, instead of just being a short distraction like it is in the OVA. And in the final battle, Loni and her father (and her brothers too I think? can't remember) pilot the Shamblo; Banagher and Riddhe can't stop it. Loni initially agreed to fight alongside her father but eventually realizes her father is crazy and is just perpetuating more of the same violence that he claimed to be fighting against. She argues with him to stop, he shoots her, she Newtype talks to Banagher just before she dies to tell him about the Shamblo's weak point. Banagher (not Riddhe) shoots, kills everyone inside, stops the Shamblo.

There was also more Banagher/Loni interaction, namely at one point they go to visit the Federation's charter/constitution in Dakar because that's where the Unicorn points them to before sending them to Torrington.

in the novels, Loni's father is still alive. Her family are Islamic fundamentalists (though they still have ties to Zeon). The attack on Dakar is a much larger battle, instead of just being a short distraction like it is in the OVA. And in the final battle, Loni and her father (and her brothers too I think? can't remember) pilot the Shamblo; Banagher and Riddhe can't stop it. Loni initially agreed to fight alongside her father but eventually realizes her father is crazy and is just perpetuating more of the same violence that he claimed to be fighting against. She argues with him to stop, he shoots her, she Newtype talks to Banagher just before she dies to tell him about the Shamblo's weak point. Banagher (not Riddhe) shoots, kills everyone inside, stops the Shamblo.

There was also more Banagher/Loni interaction, namely at one point they go to visit the Federation's charter/constitution in Dakar because that's where the Unicorn points them to before sending them to Torrington.

Well this sounds actually a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom