• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

He verbally slapped Riddhe.

Given some of the shit Riddhe pulls later in the story, Bright probably should have went full on physical with him.

Also, there are some damn good deals on the Bandai-Entertainment site. I'm considering picking up the 0079 movie set.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The latest episode of AGE is ridiculous.
What the hell was that old man thinking bringing a truck full of children to a battlefield. WTF

This episode also had some lazy as shit animation.

X-Frame

in the novels, Loni's father is still alive. Her family are Islamic fundamentalists (though they still have ties to Zeon). The attack on Dakar is a much larger battle, instead of just being a short distraction like it is in the OVA. And in the final battle, Loni and her father (and her brothers too I think? can't remember) pilot the Shamblo; Banagher and Riddhe can't stop it. Loni initially agreed to fight alongside her father but eventually realizes her father is crazy and is just perpetuating more of the same violence that he claimed to be fighting against. She argues with him to stop, he shoots her, she Newtype talks to Banagher just before she dies to tell him about the Shamblo's weak point. Banagher (not Riddhe) shoots, kills everyone inside, stops the Shamblo.

There was also more Banagher/Loni interaction, namely at one point they go to visit the Federation's charter/constitution in Dakar because that's where the Unicorn points them to before sending them to Torrington.

WTF .. even though Episode 4 was my favorite one, this is definitely WAY better.

duckroll

The Gundam SEED HD Remaster Project key visual looks pretty hot!

main_photo2.jpg

Divvy

Ugh, the worst thing about AGE so far is how it makes the mobile suits look like giant action figures shooting water guns at each other. It doesn't feel like they're giant metal robots with weight and momentum.

Divvy

I'm watching the Zeta movies and uhhhh.. Was there any sense in which scenes were to be remade? It seems completely random.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm watching the Zeta movies and uhhhh.. Was there any sense in which scenes were to be remade? It seems completely random.

Not really. Just supposed to be enough to tell the story + awesome mecha footage.

But movie #2 sucks because they remove Four and Psycho Gundam. Movie #1 is ok and #3 is awesome for all the new footage during the finale even if the changed ending sucks.

Divvy

Not really. Just supposed to be enough to tell the story + awesome mecha footage.

But movie #2 sucks because they remove Four and Psycho Gundam. Movie #1 is ok and #3 is awesome for all the new footage during the finale even if the changed ending sucks.

Ah, been a while since I saw Zeta so I can barely remember the specifics. I just started watching the movies and it's weird seeing random parts of conversations remade, while the entire intro sequence inside the colony is old stuff.

PhiLonius

I look at the movies as more of a refresher for people who had already seen and know the series. Cuts out a lot of stuff, some good, some bad
(Camille's "sister", seeing Four again )
, and the pacing kind of takes a hit because of it.

If anything Gundam Seed needed less Lacus. Truly the worst thing about Seed.

Guessing your not a fan.

Blader

?

I thought they were in movie 2, and it was movie 3 they got cut from (thank god).

It was really stupid the scenes they chose to reanimate as well. The mecha scenes fine, but a random 2 second new scene of a character just staring with their mouth open? Wha, why? Movies were full of stupid choices, it was almost like they were redoing the whole thing and partway through said... fuck this, lets just use old footage that has added bling. And the story really is a mess in the movies

The Gundam SEED HD Remaster Project key visual looks pretty hot!

main_photo2.jpg

Indeed it does! But why HD this show? There are better options out there.

Yay! New Crossbone Gundam manga set during the V Gundam timeline.

001.jpg

Is that the new thing Tomino is working on? The Gundam kinda looks similar.

I hope not, I really wanted an animated thing from him!

AHAHAHAHHAHA

I needed an excuse to give multiquote a try.

duckroll

Indeed it does! But why HD this show? There are better options out there.

There are? The only better option is SEED Destiny. You do realize that Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny are the best selling Gundam series on DVD, and one of the best selling anime series ever in general on DVD right?

Divvy

They should remake G Gundam. I'm watching it right now and it really needs to get remade, possibly shortened. They should go more towards Gurren Lagann with it as well. It's still pretty awesome, just desperately needs some modernization.

Though, it might be too racist to release now without major changes.

PhiLonius

They should remake G Gundam. I'm watching it right now and it really needs to get remade, possibly shortened. They should go more towards Gurren Lagann with it as well. It's still pretty awesome, just desperately needs some modernization.

Tequila Gundam man.... Before I even saw it all I kept thinking was
"Watch this thing come out wearing a fucking sombrero or something..."

Apparently Shining Finger solves all problems. Time to apply this to life.

Good luck with that.

Guessing your not a fan.
Of what? Seed? No I love Gundam Seed. Lacus truly is annoying though. She basically has no real flaws and her "character" is just there to spout things to trigger character development for the other characters. She's made worse in Seed Destiny where she is pretty much perfect and always right. My favorite scene in Seed Destiny is in one episode on the always right Archangel where Cagali is arguing about some point and then starts to see things Lacus and Jesus Yamoto's way and all they can do is look at her with the expression of "yep, now you're learning". It's like yep, these characters are pretty much mary sues. At least Kira had some flaws in the beginning of Seed, unlike Lacus. I also hate seemingly dumb characters who turn out to actually have the answers to everything.

This is why I liked Code Geass.
They basically killed off the Lacus type character.

Azar

I will pierce the heavens with my love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!

Divvy

WTF WTF WTF

"You're not going to win the upcoming tournament fight because you haven't seen my new move... ...I"m going to show it to you now!"

"Oh yeah, if you punch me ten times, I'm going to be ten peoples to catch them!"

This show is amazing.

EDIT: Next day: "I'm going to show you my super special awesome move too! Cuz it's fair mkay?"

1stStrike

Banned
WTF WTF WTF

"You're not going to win the upcoming tournament fight because you haven't seen my new move... ...I"m going to show it to you now!"

"Oh yeah, if you punch me ten times, I'm going to be ten peoples to catch them!"

This show is amazing.

EDIT: Next day: "I'm going to show you my super special awesome move too! Cuz it's fair mkay?"

Try not to over think it and just enjoy all that is the shining finger.

SHINING_FINGER_by_xXEagleEyeXx.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
Oh, no one seems to be really talking about unlike with 00. Guess I got some catching up to do.

It's because the series is barely worth talking about. The first couple of episodes you'll be like, "Hmm, this has potential."

But, at this point, it's like... "wat is dis? WAT IS DIS?"

The gundam sucks, the battles suck, and it's just not overly enjoyable to watch. The animation feels very cheap, and the mobile suits have no weight to them so it's hard to get into it.

Yet, I'm still watching it anyway. I'm basically just wasting 24 minutes of my life each week to see this shit through.

Divvy

Yeah, you should just get some Age action figures, and bash them together with your hands and you'd have a more exciting show.

PhiLonius

Of what? Seed? No I love Gundam Seed. Lacus truly is annoying though. She basically has no real flaws and her "character" is just there to spout things to trigger character development for the other characters. She's made worse in Seed Destiny where she is pretty much perfect and always right. My favorite scene in Seed Destiny is in one episode on the always right Archangel where Cagali is arguing about some point and then starts to see things Lacus and Jesus Yamoto's way and all they can do is look at her with the expression of "yep, now you're learning". It's like yep, these characters are pretty much mary sues. At least Kira had some flaws in the beginning of Seed, unlike Lacus. I also hate seemingly dumb characters who turn out to actually have the answers to everything.

This is why I liked Code Geass.
They basically killed off the Lacus type character.

Can't knock that Clyne or Yamato. I will say one of the major problems with that series, and mostly Destiny
, especially Shinn,
was lack of character development.
Especially Shinn.

As for Code Geass and
Euphemia, they kind of fixed that problem by killing her off and using it to push Lelouch and Suzaku

Coxy

G Gundam is fine as is, what they need now is GG Gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom