• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually enjoying Gundam AGE, but I wonder if they'll end up shortening the length of the show? They've never given an episode count for it, have they?

seipherzero

Neo Member
distantmantra said:
I'm actually enjoying Gundam AGE, but I wonder if they'll end up shortening the length of the show? They've never given an episode count for it, have they?

I'm enjoying it too. I hope they don't shorten it. The thing I'm looking forward to most is the story spanning three generations. If they shorten it, I don't know how they'd be able to execute it well.

I think this talk of the ratings being poor is a bit sensational. The list linked is a Top 10 list. Although AGE is listed towards the bottom, it's one of the newer series that's still doing relatively well (Top 10). Many of the other higher rated shows have been ongoing for at least the last 10 years if not more (Sazae-san ~40years +). So I think it's kind of skewed. Supposedly the ratings are only based in the Kanto region too (~ 1/3 Japan's population).

/AGE Defense Force

CaptYamato said:
How is the 00 movie?

You have gundams. Then you have millions of silver missiles. Gundams shoot millions of missiles for two hours. The End

distantmantra said:

Gundam X had only slightly worse ratings (.6 average difference) before it was moved to a different time slot which ended up killing it.

If they keep the ratings as is, the show should be ok, but if it drops more it faces possibility of being moved or possibly getting cut short. Of course a big factor also is how well the merchandise is selling. If AGE merch sells badly, along with declining ratings, things won't look well for the show.

HammerOfThor said:
Well shit, I dont even want to know the ending then...

The future becomes really colorful and lame looking like Space Channel 5

And Marina remains one of the most pointless characters in the series

1stStrike

Banned
Divvy said:
It's basically if Michael Bay made an gundam movie but with a more bullshit ending. Some pretty neat action scenes though.

I agree with this statement. It was such a bad ending, but it was so hard for me to hate the movie since the action was oh so good. I'm a sucker for eye candy.

hteng

Banned
ok just watched episode 4 on PSN, who the hell is that Byalant pilot?!

he had more showtime and action than the Unicorn

1stStrike said:
I agree with this statement. It was such a bad ending, but it was so hard for me to hate the movie since the action was oh so good. I'm a sucker for eye candy.

I just couldn't find any interesting action in a movie that was nothing but gundams spinning around dodging and shooting silver missiles for about an hour. It was some seriously boring ass "action"

Gundam AGE - 6

I find the history of the nation wars far more interesting than the Emily/Flit moment and Grodek's past woooooh. =? I don't know I just found the whole episode to be alright.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
_dementia said:
There's a Master Grade Heavyarms coming? I need one.

And it's fucking hooooot:

17waI.jpg

JiPq5.jpg

I hope there's another version with the rollerblade and missile add ons.

SonicX_Zero said:
Gundam AGE - 6

I find the history of the nation wars far more interesting than the Emily/Flit moment and Grodek's past woooooh. =? I don't know I just found the whole episode to be alright.

How dare you enjoy AGE!

Yeah, I liked it as well.

Divvy

I just hope it's stable. The deathscythe hell model was extremely unstable and the skirt armor constantly pops off when you move it.

PhiLonius

Divvy said:
I just hope it's stable. The deathscythe hell model was extremely unstable and the skirt armor constantly pops off when you move it.

Yea, I have that exact same problem lol. The fist tends to pop off at times as well.

Divvy

PhiLonius said:
Yea, I have that exact same problem lol. The fist tends to pop off at times as well.

I don't know why they attached them the way they did. I've built far older models with much better skirt armor attachments.

AGE 3 was good. I'm enjoying AGE. I also really like the way the AGE looks. It's not Exia cool but still looks nice.

Don't ban me for that Duck.

MechaX

hteng said:
ok just watched episode 4 on PSN, who the hell is that Byalant pilot?!

he had more showtime and action than the Unicorn

I just finished watching the episode and my main reaction was "Where in the fuck did the Federation find that guy?" Jeezus, he gave the Byalant more justice than Jerid ever did in the entirety of Zeta.

It would be funny if it actually was Kou, though.

donkey show said:
Torrington base was the home base of...

On that note,
the ruined White Base ship that some of the Zeon remnants were using looked a lot like the Albion.

Blader

MechaX said:
On that note,
the ruined White Base ship that some of the Zeon remnants were using looked a lot like the Albion.

It's actually
the Gray Phantom, the ship from 0080.

Just saw Unicorn 3. The animation was INCREDIBLE but I think it's been too long between eps. I watched it and have no idea what was going on. Can someone give a story recap up to this episode? I honestly was confused

Blader

Zoramon089 said:
Just saw Unicorn 3. The animation was INCREDIBLE but I think it's been too long between eps. I watched it and have no idea what was going on. Can someone give a story recap up to this episode? I honestly was confused

uh...why not re-watch the first two episodes? Or hit up wikipedia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom