• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
An old man just kicked the bucket in the latest episode. And some old man died in episode 2 or 3 at the start of the show.

The show has run out of old men though! Except this clown:
BStCv.jpg

I guess he's next to kick the bucket.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Didn't like the dude's mom die in the opening scene of the first episode, too?

Anyway, watching Turn A episode 14...

Whoa, the scene with the "Borjarnon" making their appearance walking out of the trees...that must have blown people's minds when it first aired in Japan

Bebpo

Banned
Lots of people have died so far. I thought you were better than that Bebps. You been drinking again?

I haven't seen the latest ep and I'm talking real characters like pilots and NON-FLASHBACK people under 40. The show is definitely following the "kids family show" rules on death in anime. Hell, the enemies look to be AI remote controlled drones. Lolz.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, just watched the latest ep of AGE and I take back my AGE trolling. They finally decided to show that when you have people constantly fighting in WAR people die! Good. Ep9/10 were better than Gundam OO movie at least. So outside of the stupid terrible arc on the Fardain colony, the show has been alright. Hopefully there aren't a lot of stupid arcs throughout the show's run. The Fardain arc felt straight out of every L5 rpg.

I still can't bring myself to bother with AGE. Throughout the year I have been making my way through all the series I haven't seen. I still need to finish ZZ(got burnt out) and then watch V as I have never seen that.

But yeah gonna rewatch 0083 instead. :D

Bebpo

Banned
I still can't bring myself to bother with AGE. Throughout the year I have been making my way through all the series I haven't seen. I still need to finish ZZ(got burnt out) and then watch V as I have never seen that.

But yeah gonna rewatch 0083 instead. :D

ZZ is awesome. Never really understood the dislike. Judeau is such a great character and the support cast are all pretty fun and very Tomino. Some great mecha designs too with the ZZ. The antagonists are interesting with Gremi and Haman and Plu and the finale is awesome. And crazy Yazan is hilarious. It's a goofy show that doesn't take itself too seriously but then has pretty serious parts here and there. All the Judeau x Haman interactions are awesome. They have great personalities.

Watch Da Birdie

"I hear in Japan when a man goes off to war, he spends the night with his weapon!"

I love Astronaige in Gundam DW 3. :p

PhiLonius

ZZ is awesome. Never really understood the dislike. Judeau is such a great character and the support cast are all pretty fun and very Tomino. Some great mecha designs too with the ZZ. The antagonists are interesting with Gremi and Haman and Plu and the finale is awesome. And crazy Yazan is hilarious. It's a goofy show that doesn't take itself too seriously but then has pretty serious parts here and there. All the Judeau x Haman interactions are awesome. They have great personalities.

This so much. Loved ZZ. It started off slow and pretty lighthearted, but once it gets going it gets good. Judau is a really good character and Haman is just a badass. Finale was a bit weird but everything leading up to it was great.

Watch Da Birdie

...5.99$ each for the 5 extra pilots/Gundams in Gundam Dynasty Warriors 3? Fuck that.

Got Susanoo and Mr. Bushido, because he looks cool, but I'm not gonna spend 24$ on everyone else. That's over half of what I paid for this game. :/

1stStrike

Banned
So does anyone else actually prefer the different music Bandai used for Zeta's dub intro (Zeta's Pulse)? It's worlds apart from the original J-pop opening and completely changes the tone.

I gotta say, I'm leaning more towards the Japanese theme. The dub theme is good in the beginning, but it gets boring by the end of it.

Blader

lolz, no one is going to die in this show.

Hardly anyone died in Turn A and almost everyone died in Victory. Characters dying =/= quality.

Sounds like the timejump is coming in January...
massive deaths incoming?

I think episode 15 is supposed to the beginning of Gen 2.

Probably because it's a terribly written show (even by Tomino Gundam standards) that isn't funny when it's trying to be funny and isn't poignant when it's trying to be serious.

I don't know how you can complain about the Fardain arc in AGE (which was absurdly boring, I don't disagree) when the first 10 episodes of ZZ are all set in the place and revolve around the same "Judau tries to steal the Zeta but fails lolz" plot.

So does anyone else actually prefer the different music Bandai used for Zeta's dub intro (Zeta's Pulse)? It's worlds apart from the original J-pop opening and completely changes the tone.

Ha, I always thought I was the only one who *greatly* preferred the dub's intro to the original's.

I don't know how you can complain about the Fardain arc in AGE (which was absurdly boring, I don't disagree) when the first 10 episodes of ZZ are all set in the place and revolve around the same "Judau tries to steal the Zeta but fails lolz" plot.
Let's not forget how Fa essentially forgets how to pilot a mobile suit after seemingly handling her own in a Methuss in the final battles of Zeta, lol.

Bebpo

Banned
The first 10 eps of ZZ are good because it's about Judeau who is the freaking man alongside other manly Gundam men like Garrod, Domon, and Tobia & his freaking crew of teenage thieves STEALING THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IN THE UNIVERSE RIGHT OUT OF THE FEDERATION HANDS FOR CHRIST SAKE.

Judea and his crew are awesome. If a ZZ ep features Judeau, it can't be bad.

AGE is lacking a character like that.

tuffy

I want a Macross that has gritty realism without the cutesy characters they've turned it into in recent releases. =\
Outside of the OVAs, Macross has always had its share of cutesy characters and silliness - dating back to bridge bunnies and captains bumping heads on doorways. It's a deliberate attempt by the creators to distance it from more serious Gundam-style shows.

Outside of the OVAs, Macross has always had its share of cutesy characters and silliness - dating back to bridge bunnies and captains bumping heads on doorways. It's a deliberate attempt by the creators to distance it from more serious Gundam-style shows.

There is a difference between cutesy characters and lighthearted humor.

GS HD 1

The only difference I ever noticed was the remix of the ending song and I think the opening had a second of new animation although I can't really say for sure since I watched the censored version on CN way back. But wow seeing it all again certainly brings back memories, ahhh nostalgia.lol

The first 10 eps of ZZ are good because it's about Judeau who is the freaking man alongside other manly Gundam men like Garrod, Domon, and Tobia & his freaking crew of teenage thieves STEALING THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IN THE UNIVERSE RIGHT OUT OF THE FEDERATION HANDS FOR CHRIST SAKE.

Which Athrun and Co. managed to accomplish (aside from Strike) in basically one episode of SEED...just sayin' :p.

Deadly

GS HD 1

The only difference I ever noticed was the remix of the ending song and I think the opening had a second of new animation although I can't really say for sure since I watched the censored version on CN way back. But wow seeing it all again certainly brings back memories, ahhh nostalgia.lol

Already out?

Nice new mix to the ending theme though goddamn. One thing Gundam Seed sure got right is the music. From the OST to the OP/ED songs, they were all pretty good.
Yea, the songs for Seed and Destiny's openings were all awesome. Too bad they basically used the same footage for all four openings per season....

Watch Da Birdie

Up to 30 on Turn A

Glad Gavane Gooney died...what an asshole creep, especially hitting on Sochie who, is like, 15? And that part where he challenged Loran to a fight for no reason.

Also, Harry Ord rocks...sucks Sochie got his spot in Gundam DW 3. Especially love the bizarre, Charlie Brown sweater-vest/pink shirt combo he donned when disguised as a civilian.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Heh. Just came here to ask about it and there's discussion on it. ^_^

I've been told I must watch Turn A. Is there any streaming site where I can legally watch it?

1stStrike

Banned
All I remember about Turn A was that it got epic towards the end - and one of the chicks in the series annoyed the shit out of me throughout. I kept wishing she'd die every time she talked.

hteng

Banned
All I remember about Turn A was that it got epic towards the end - and one of the chicks in the series annoyed the shit out of me throughout. I kept wishing she'd die every time she talked.

Every gundam anime must have an annoying loud mouth bitch

Watch Da Birdie

Let me guess, Sochie? I can't stand her.

Love all the other minor characters though...Joseph, Sid, Fran, Keith, their little story-arcs are pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom