• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

All I remember about Turn A was that it got epic towards the end - and one of the chicks in the series annoyed the shit out of me throughout. I kept wishing she'd die every time she talked.
Every gundam anime must have an annoying loud mouth bitch
Let me guess, Sochie? I can't stand her.

Love all the other minor characters though...Joseph, Sid, Fran, Keith, their little story-arcs are pretty cool.
There's a bunch of bad people in here. I'm not saying who, but you might be able to detect them through their lack of souls.

Blader

I still don't really understand the ending that Tomino gave her. Like,
that was really and unnecessarily fucking cruel of him.

54-46!

QMz7Q.jpg

Christmas present for myself :]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Only 3 more episodes of Turn A...can't wait to see how it ends.

Midgard's death scene was amazing, lol. I loved how they animated his freak out as he ran down the halls screaming how he'd activated the Turn A's true power

GS HD 2

To be honest I really wouldn't be able to spot that many differences unless someone pointed it out or made a comparison. In any case this episode reminded me how much I love the CGUE design and not to mention Rau's the one piloting it. <3

B.K.

Was Seed worth watching? I tried to watch it on Cartoon Network years ago, but they moved it around so much that I never could watch it. It was in a different time slot almost every other week.

Was Seed worth watching? I tried to watch it on Cartoon Network years ago, but they moved it around so much that I never could watch it. It was in a different time slot almost every other week.
Whenever I think about rewatching Seed, I remember this bitch.
iXGta6Q3n5T53.jpg

Then I don't want to.

randomwab

Can someone advise me on where to start with Gundam? I wouldn't mind watching some of it, but I've never seen anything before, so do I start with the old show? Or is there a remake/retelling of that stuff? Or...I don't know. Help?

GS HD 2

To be honest I really wouldn't be able to spot that many differences unless someone pointed it out or made a comparison. In any case this episode reminded me how much I love the CGUE design and not to mention Rau's the one piloting it. <3

Some of the changes seem significant, mind you the only thing I saw of the HD is this comparison shot

p_20111231011706.jpg

Can someone advise me on where to start with Gundam? I wouldn't mind watching some of it, but I've never seen anything before, so do I start with the old show? Or is there a remake/retelling of that stuff? Or...I don't know. Help?

I would recommend you watch the movie trilogy buuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

For some reason the youtube videos are down/locked away.

Yes.

Some of the changes seem significant, mind you the only thing I saw of the HD is this comparison shot
There's this post in animesuki that shows a bunch of comparison but the only thing that really stood out for me was the whole Strike pose after punching the Ginn.

Watch Da Birdie

Turn A's ending...

I cried. Damn, the music that played over the epilogue was awesome. Wish there was like one more episode or so because the last one seemed a bit rushed, but it was a nice and pleasant ride.

Time to finish Wing (I left off at 15 and started watching Turn A)...I guess. Won't be good as Turn A, but I want to watch all the Gundam Series regardless and I may as well finish it while it's fresh in my mind.

1stStrike

Banned
Turn A's ending...

I cried. Damn, the music that played over the epilogue was awesome. Wish there was like one more episode or so because the last one seemed a bit rushed, but it was a nice and pleasant ride.

Time to finish Wing (I left off at 15 and started watching Turn A)...I guess. Won't be good as Turn A, but I want to watch all the Gundam Series regardless and I may as well finish it while it's fresh in my mind.

Tsuki no Mayu

It's a great song. I still listen to it to this day.

Turn A's ending...

<3 Turn A so much. I can't wait for the DVDs next year.

There's this post in animesuki that shows a bunch of comparison but the only thing that really stood out for me was the whole Strike pose after punching the Ginn.

Really? All of those shots seem to have better art or improved effects. Probably not something you would notice if you don't remember exactly how SEED was originally but still these are actual improvements.

Not that I would bother watching this show again. But it's better than just a re-cut and a tweaking of the aspect ratio.

Watch Da Birdie

About episode 11 on Wing now...not too bad, although different from Turn A. One complaint I've seen people mention is how powerful the Gundams are...hell, Turn A struggled a lot at the beginning against common suits, but here it's like watching Gundam Dynasty Warriors lol since those Leos are blown up in mass every episode. While I was rooting for the Earthrace Militia in Turn A, so far I'm not really on the side of the Gundam pilots. Pretty boring characters so far.

I actually like Relena though, even though she's a bit obsessed with Heero. The bad guys are pretty cool too.

NEO0MJ

About episode 11 on Wing now...not too bad, although different from Turn A. One complaint I've seen people mention is how powerful the Gundams are...hell, Turn A struggled a lot at the beginning against common suits, but here it's like watching Gundam Dynasty Warriors lol since those Leos are blown up in mass every episode.

Been years since I watched wing but no way was it worse than 00 or Seed, right?

Jex

So guess what? America isn't getting that &#8704; Gundam release.

Bandai Entertainment, the subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings (USA) that handles anime and manga in North America, will stop offering new DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and manga releases next month. It will continue to distribute in its existing catalog lineup, but it will no longer produce and distribute new releases as of this February.

Instead, Bandai Entertainment will focus on licensing rights to other companies, particularly in digital distribution, broadcast, and merchandising. The company will be restructured as a result, and most of its contractors and three of its five fulltime staff members will be laid off. ANN will publish an interview with Bandai Entertainment President and CEO Ken Iyadomi on Tuesday.

The following releases have been cancelled:
Anime DVD/Blu-ray Disc

Gosick
Nichij&#333;
Turn A Gundam
Source.

So Bandai/Sunrise now needs to find someone else to distribute Gundam Unicorn in the US, or this is the end of further Blu Ray releases of the series for us.

Bwahahahah, serves the bastards right. Though I feel bad for the people getting fired.

Uncalled for. The people getting fired really had nothing to do with the problems that have plagued the company. Pretty much all the decisions and bone headed decisions were made at the top, not the folks getting canned.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah Wing is pretty crappy, probably as bad as destiny or 00 season 2. Endless Waltz was pretty awesome though.

tuffy

So Bandai/Sunrise now needs to find someone else to distribute Gundam Unicorn in the US, or this is the end of further Blu Ray releases of the series for us.
Gundam Unicorn's Blu Ray releases are distributed by Honneamise (aka Bandai Visual), not by Bandai Entertainment. The DVD releases need to find a new home, but those are a couple of volumes behind anyway.

Zapages

I found Seed first half to be a rehash of 0079 Original Gundam. The second half was fairly decent.

Wing was decent. Destiny was trying to be Zeta of the original series but became a real trainwreck.

Although I haven't watched Wing in a long time, but it wasn't as bad as Destiny from what I remember.

I literally stop watching Destiny because it became so bad.

I haven't finished watching Turn A Gundam. It was good from what little I remember watching (the first 3 episodes or so).

Gundam Unicorn's Blu Ray releases are distributed by Honneamise (aka Bandai Visual), not by Bandai Entertainment. The DVD releases need to find a new home, but those are a couple of volumes behind anyway.

Thought it was Bandai Visual produced, but distribution was handled by Bandai Ent

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I really disagree. 00 season 2 was magic at work. I feel Wing was pretty solid aside from the plot importance that the zero system was made into

Well to each their own I guess. I tried rewatching Wing recently and the plot barely makes any sense. They swap organizations with each other so often that I forget which one's evil or not.

Zapages

Well to each their own I guess. I tried rewatching Wing recently and the plot barely makes any sense. They swap organizations with each other so often that I forget which one's evil or not.

I follow Gundam rule of thought, which is anyone who wears a Mask is evil or is just misguided to become good (Endless Waltz). The military leader guy, Trize I think was bad from the beginning to the end.

Bandai should have brought Gundam X or G Gundam after Gundam Wing instead of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom