• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

According to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNlnmMJuIxg Gundam Ace #100 survey results turned out like this:

10- 08th MS Team
9- 0083 Stardust Memory
8- G
7- Unicorn
6- Wing
5- CCA
4- Seed
3- 00
2- Zeta
1- 0079

So take it for what you will compared to that other poll.

The Top ten in Gundam ACE for both Suits and Pilots change all the time though.

Amuro, Char, Kira are typically a lock for top 3 but the overall ten changes to whats hot at the moment.

Like when Glory and Frozen were first starting and had alot of hype Heero was in 4th Place for several months and Wing Gundam Zero EW placed high as well, hell even Wing Gundam EW made it up into the top 10 for an entry or two.

None of the lists really do much other then show us what is basicall obvious if we take more then a few seconds to look around. 0079, Zeta, Wing, G, SEED, OO. and Unicorn all did well to amazing and everything else not so much.

That and AGE/X performed like shit.

Thank god. They're obviously looking to kill the series ASAP. The only character I'm pulling for is Seric. No way is Flit not dying.
The assault on the K'Nex Space Station next ep should be extremely boring.

Not really. You must remember that there are multiple series that ended before 50 Eps and some of them did very well (ZZ and Wing) so a less then 50 run, unless it's a cancel early like X or 0079 (original run) doesn't say all that much.

Beth Cyra

If the art style doesn't get you first.

I got to say Flit's hair may be the most offensive thing in Gundam to me. I know people hate one Wing/SEED/OO for being Generic anime or whatever but I will take generic over whatever the fuck that designer was thinking when making Flit's god damn hair.

I got to say Flit's hair may be the most offensive thing in Gundam to me. I know people hate one Wing/SEED/OO for being Generic anime or whatever but I will take generic over whatever the fuck that designer was thinking when making Flit's god damn hair.
Lol, yeah.

Turn A Gundam episode 33
new interesting character shows up, dies within 1 episode...

Got a few of my old kits out of storage, started painting my HG Wing Zero Custom.
Man it looks so much better but im glad I didn't attempt it back then.

Edit: Finished Turn A, really liked it. liked the ending alot but wish it wasn't so
ambiguous.
have a few more episodes of 0083 to watch but right now Turn A is ahead of it.

probably going to watch original and Z next on crunchyroll.

I hope they make Gunpla Builders a series one day. As silly as the one-off was (Gunpla Meister going to arcade tourneys on a horse, etc.), I really enjoyed it.

PhiLonius

Finally!

iILjnIa1tfTWK.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The SEED MGs have been really nice. I don't even like the Buster very much, but it looks great in MG form.

PhiLonius

With the exception of the Strike, the Buster was the only other GATX suit I could get into. But the others have looked great in MG form.

AGE has the worst art style of any Gundam that I can think of. Though the normal suits especially in the 1st gen are so goofy looking that it's kind of hilarious.

Beth Cyra

The only gravity-related elements in Gravion were the boobs, really.
Thus why I hope that Tomino makes it work instead of it being a cool idea that gets used but then tossed out and left to die in favor of masks that chage voices and hide big boobs.

Beth Cyra

Well went ahead and pre ordered the Zate RG from HLJ last night. Not exactly my favorite suit ever, and this is easily the worst they Bandai has presented a RG thus far, but still RG's boxes are so sexy I just need to have it.

Now I just need to wait for ZZ and Wing EW to get my two favorites, and Zate introducing Transforming Gundam's bring's them one step closer.

seipherzero

Neo Member
Well went ahead and pre ordered the Zate RG from HLJ last night. Not exactly my favorite suit ever, and this is easily the worst they Bandai has presented a RG thus far, but still RG's boxes are so sexy I just need to have it.

Now I just need to wait for ZZ and Wing EW to get my two favorites, and Zate introducing Transforming Gundam's bring's them one step closer.

So happy that the next RG was Zeta. I still have my RG Char's Zaku 2 to build ;x. I'm taking a break after my 2 year long Sinanju build though >_>.

Two most recent builds...
1vGRD.jpg

gIcIK.jpg

Beth Cyra

Saw the tease for the RD Freedom.

I'm not the biggest SEED Fan, and while I like Freedom enough (got the RG last year) I'm so tired of SEED and Kira's suits at this point that I couldn't really generate anything more then a meh at the pictures.

I only hope and pray that people now begging for a Strike 2.0 and a Destiny Remaster have to wait a really long time because I'm kinda at my breaking point when it comes to SEED.

Gundam AGE 45

The fight with Sid was cool and all but Zeheart just takes the cake especially with how well he turned out in eps. 44 and 45. <_<

pants

Police in Osaka arrested 42-year-old anime technical director Masaki Kitamura on Sunday on suspicion of writing "I will commit a massacre" on the city's website. According to the police, the suspect denied the charges, saying, "I'm completely innocent."

The suspect is accused of going to Osaka's inquiry page on the Internet and writing, "I will commit a massacre in Otaroad [in Osaka's Nipponbashi area] next Sunday. I will ram into pedestrian paradise, and after stabbing indiscriminately with a knife, I will commit suicide" on July 29 at about 9:45 p.m.

Except the suicide part, the threat is similar to the killing of seven people that took place in Tokyo's Akihabara district in 2008. "Pedestrian paradise" is the traditional practice of cordoning vehicles off a particular street or streets and limiting the area to foot traffic. Nipponbashi's Otaroad is essentially Osaka's otaku shopping counterpart to Tokyo's Akihabara.

According to the authorities, they analyzed the IP address that originated the threat and discovered it was linked to a high-speed wireless LAN device owned by Kitamura.

Kitamura was an assistant director on both seasons of Mobile Suit Gundam 00. He was also a director of the 10th installment of Gundam Evolve and an episode director on Ergo Proxy, GUNxSWORD, Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto, Planetes, Wolf's Rain, and other series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-masaki-kitamura-arrested-for-massacre-threat

This is nuts :/

Gundam Age 45
tumblr_m9dlprx9mU1ru928co5_500.png

Impressive episode, essentially delivering everything on what I wanted from Asemu and Zehearto. Enjoyed every moment.

Ending moment:
When the SID came back to life and EXA-DB were still sitting there, wonder if it will have importance later on

Blader

Gundam AGE 45

I liked the Zeheart/Shido battle. This show can make some pretty nicely animated fights when it wants to.

Dambrosi

Banned
Sounds like G-Reko will be an animated series, but Tomino is shying away from calling it a Gundam show...

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...ct-g-reko.html
From the interview translation:

Maraue: So this anime series will be about space elevator, and geared towards children?
Tomino: No, it is geared towards adults. About adults in a nuclear world. To view the possible issues dealing with this theme from various aspect, or else it would just be a really awkward Gundam.
lol AGE stealth diss, from the Master himself, no less.

...what? I know 00 was bad, but it's been over three years, dude, get over it.

Chances are someone either remotely hijacked his iPad or one of his "friends" sent that message from it on the sly as a sick joke.

Oh yeah, before I forget: Gundam AGE 45

My god, it was actually somewhat good for once. A lot of that was, of course, due to Smexy Gundam having the starring role, but DarkHound's appearance (and the flashback to White AGE-2's battle with SID) certainly didn't hurt any. Hell, I'm of the opinion that Gundam AGE should have been about Zeheart and Asemu's rivalry over the three generations of war, fuck everything else.

Indeed, it's a shame about everything else, which will surely drag the show back down to mediocrity starting with next episode, which I expect to be extremely average.

Oh yeah, Kio only gets one scene - again. Does he not have an agent? :p

Divvy

I said it once and I'll say it again. Those Vagan energy bits are hax.

Also lol, Legilis has abs.

Beth Cyra

Completed my MG ReZEL. Got to say after sticking mainly in 90's AU and generally Wing in General going into the larger UC era is really crazy for me.

The sheer size of Unicorn/ReZEL/Sinanju/Delta Plus are so big compared to even the largest of the Wing designs that I can hardly believe it sometimes. ReZEL's leg is pratically bigger then Wing EW entire body.

Overall though I enjoyed ReZEL and he was my first grunt suit. Decided to stay on my Unicorn kick and went straight into Delta Plus, he is probably the most annoying build so far out of all 11 or so MG's I've built. Thankfully though I love design of Delta so I'm willing to put up with it.

Actually ouside of Sinanju I think Delta Plus is probably overall my second favorite design from Unicorn and probably in my top 5 overall designs in all of Gundam.

Averon

AGE 44 and 45

Wow, thanks for destroying the only sympathetic Vegan left, AGE. Zeheat's decision to go along with Ezelcant's crazy plan means there's no decent, sympathetic Vegans left. This show continues to make a piss poor case to root against Flit. The Sid fight in episode 45 was nicely animated, though.

Everyone teaming up would actually be pretty awesome. Though I wonder how they'd convince Flit to go along with that.

He'll learn the errors of his ways because X-Rounder ghost Yurin will appear to him before he makes a huge mistake.

Flit will be all like, "I loved you and they took you away from me!!!"

She'll say something like, "forgive them for they know not what they do. I'm at peace, and you should be helping everyone find understanding."

Flit will cry, Kio will cry, Zehart will cry, Asemu will be confused at wtf just happened, but their Gundams will end up holding hands in a Red Rover type line and clothesline whatever new baddie will show up.

AGE builder makes a celebratory cake for them at the end for winning.

Divvy

Have we had naked gundam pilot space magic yet in this series? That'll probably be what fixes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom