• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll learn the errors of his ways because X-Rounder ghost Yurin will appear to him before he makes a huge mistake.

Flit will be all like, "I loved you and they took you away from me!!!"

She'll say something like, "forgive them for they know not what they do. I'm at peace, and you should be helping everyone find understanding."

Flit will cry, Kio will cry, Zehart will cry, Asemu will be confused at wtf just happened, but their Gundams will end up holding hands in a Red Rover type line and clothesline whatever new baddie will show up.

AGE builder makes a celebratory cake for them at the end for winning.

And the sad thing is that I can totally see this happening. Then again, the way the show has gone lately it could very well end up worse :/.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh, well I guess Asemu and Zeheart can have their own. Then they can be BFFs again or something.

I'm wondering if any AGE units will ever show up in the Gundam VS. series or Super Robot Taisen or if everyone involved will pretend this never happened.

Beth Cyra

I'm wondering if any AGE units will ever show up in the Gundam VS. series or Super Robot Taisen or if everyone involved will pretend this never happened.

SRW works in pretty much everything, they even get Manga stuff in with Crossbone and the like, it will most certainly have AGE at one point.

VS. Yeah it will have it as well, if they can have 4 suits for Amuro/Kira/Setsuna and multiples for other leads like Heero/Shinn then they will be able to fit in Flit/Asemu/Kio at one point.

Wubby

I gotta say I wasn't really impressed with any of the MS designs when the AGE HG kits started kitting the shelves. But a few weeks ago a new HG AGE-3 Orbital kit came out and it looks pretty good. I may buy.

ban976941_0.jpg

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban976941

Also the latest issue of Hobby Japan came with an AGE-1 Razor conversion kit. Now I'll have to buy an AGE-1 kit too.

hbjmag1210_1.jpg

http://www.hlj.com/product/HBJMAG1210

Jubern

Is there a write-up as to what they exactly changed?

In Z, it was mainly everyone acting way less retarded thanks to the good group of characters they had around them if you ask me.
The influence of Amuro and Quattro on the Destiny cast was pretty noticeable, especially Quattro on Athrun. Also, Kamille and Setsuko (real robot main character) being Shinn best buddies helped keep him in check and providing him some well needed help.

Best part to me was definitely the way the whole cast (not just Destiny's) looked down on the Archangel : for some of them, they were plain morons who didn't knew what they were doing. Which they always, but without anyone to tell them in the series. Their arrival in the group near the end is pretty rough at first, especially some parts like Shinn and Mwu meeting. It's SRW so of course everyone ends up playing nice though.

Also, if you fulfill certain conditions or are on your second playthrough, you can get Shinn to actually act on his own and decide to stay on the good guys side, which triggers a totally different endgame. Luna stays with him but the Minerva goes back to ZAFT as planned, and Ray with them, cursing Shinn's betrayal.
Dunno about the "normal" route, but on the one Shinn's stays with you, Destiny's final stage is merged with Zeta movie's. Notable change is Haman siding with you on that route, so no Neo Zeon in the mix.

There aren't that much change if you ask me, it's pretty standard SRW changes, but it automatically works better, thanks to a better environment. Like how Evangelion cast was more likable in SRW@ thanks to the interactions with other characters IMO.

In Z, it was mainly everyone acting way less retarded thanks to the good group of characters they had around them if you ask me.
The influence of Amuro and Quattro on the Destiny cast was pretty noticeable, especially Quattro on Athrun. Also, Kamille and Setsuko (real robot main character) being Shinn best buddies helped keep him in check and providing him some well needed help.

Best part to me was definitely the way the whole cast (not just Destiny's) looked down on the Archangel : for some of them, they were plain morons who didn't knew what they were doing. Which they always, but without anyone to tell them in the series. Their arrival in the group near the end is pretty rough at first, especially some parts like Shinn and Mwu meeting. It's SRW so of course everyone ends up playing nice though.

Also, if you fulfill certain conditions or are on your second playthrough, you can get Shinn to actually act on his own and decide to stay on the good guys side, which triggers a totally different endgame. Luna stays with him but the Minerva goes back to ZAFT as planned, and Ray with them, cursing Shinn's betrayal.
Dunno about the "normal" route, but on the one Shinn's stays with you, Destiny's final stage is merged with Zeta movie's. Notable change is Haman siding with you on that route, so no Neo Zeon in the mix.

There aren't that much change if you ask me, it's pretty standard SRW changes, but it automatically works better, thanks to a better environment. Like how Evangelion cast was more likable in SRW@ thanks to the interactions with other characters IMO.

Interesting stuff, especially with Shinn. I'm working on Z2-1 right now with Z2-2 waiting, but I'd still like to play Z1 at some point

I just decided to start ZZ Gundam, and what the FUCK is that first episode? Did they accidentally air the station pitch video? Holy crap. How can you run out of budget before the first episode even airs? I'm literally watching a toy commercial.

Seriously though, anyone know why they decided to do that? I'm going into ZZ with a pretty open mind, just expecting a great deal of silliness. I imagine it can only get better after episode 1,though.

Beth Cyra

ZZ = garbage

This man is a liar and a heathen.

Honestly though the first part of ZZ does have it's issues. However after a while it does kick in and Judau is an amazing lead when the series actually decides to develop him beyond the I Hate Adults bullshit he starts with.

Also ZZ itself is fucking amazing. My favorite UC mobile suit with only Nu, Unicorn, Delta Plus and Sinanju really coming close in my mind.

This man is a liar and a heathen.

Honestly though the first part of ZZ does have it's issues. However after a while it does kick in and Judau is an amazing lead when the series actually decides to develop him beyond the I Hate Adults bullshit he starts with.

Also ZZ itself is fucking amazing. My favorite UC mobile suit with only Nu, Unicorn, Delta Plus and Sinanju really coming close in my mind.

Agreed. Also, having more Haman-sama is always a good thing.

PhiLonius

Quickest promotion ever. Dude went from scrap collector to Hyaku Shiki pilot to Captain of his own ship by the end of the series lol.

Jubern

I have mixed feelings about ZZ. I don't really like the beginning since it fails horribly at following Zeta's ending, but will totally recognize how it got better progressivly. In the end though, too many stupid things came to bite it in the ass for me to find the whole package really "good" (
Neo-Zeon idiots, be in Glemy or Mashmyre; Moon-Moon return but with DRAMA; kids hijacking the Nahel Argama and winning by themselves...
)

There are definitely things I liked in ZZ though, like Judau and Haman's relationship (
despite the fucking stupid way it ended
), Judau become a really likeable and down to earth lead (hard to think he's only supposed to be 14...) or some designs.
But I put it pretty low on my Gundam series ranking list.

glaurung

Three to five episodes of Seed works just fine. But I can recall the horrible slump the show fell into around the 15th episode mark.

That was just dreadful. 00 had so much more going on all the time.

I'm about 12 episodes into ZZ, and I'm actually kind of enjoying it... The enemies are buffoons, the animation quality is bad, and the kids are a bit annoying, and the political drama is gone and the action sequences aren't great, but it's kind of funny. In a sort of embarrassing way...

Leezard

I'm about 12 episodes into ZZ, and I'm actually kind of enjoying it... The enemies are buffoons, the animation quality is bad, and the kids are a bit annoying, and the political drama is gone and the action sequences aren't great, but it's kind of funny. In a sort of embarrassing way...

It's going to become a bit worse until it becomes better. I quite enjoy the latter part of ZZ. It's great to have a non-whiny lead for once.

PhiLonius

Turn A is kind of awesome. Didn't think it was going to be this good, though I know there is some love for it on here. Like any series it has a few annoying characters (Lt. Poe, Sochie, though she has gotten better) and some awful designs, but I'm loving the story so far. Dianna, Kihel, and Harry are all pretty great characters.

And SEED is cool. Destiny, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom