• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

nocode

They really do have a lot of repeat guests, but they still get pretty big names when they have something to promote. Deltoro for Wolfman being the most recent example.

gdt

I don't think they have alot of repeat guests, but they stand out.

Fucking Joan Rivers...

She's the ONLY time I switch the radio off. Nothing else in my many, many years (I'm only 20!) of listening to Howard has ever made me switch.

If they're gonna be on vacation for the next two weeks I pray that at least one of those weeks will be filled with a new fight week. The only replacement programming thats as good (if not better?) than a live show.

Next week is mammary lane, I guess generic best-of?

And holy shit @ Dice's appearance this week. He really comes off as a deeply bitter, deeply unfunny, deeply unpleasant man.

Howard on Autotune was non-stops LOLs, however. :lol

They got it to work? I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm at the part where he's first testing it out with Purple Rain. It's more entertaining hearing him yell at Scott about it not working properly. :lol

Maklershed said:
They got it to work? I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm at the part where he's first testing it out with Purple Rain. It's more entertaining hearing him yell at Scott about it not working properly. :lol
Oh yeah, he uses the shit out of it.

nocode

Watch the Tiger Woods mistress beauty pageant on Howard TV. He uses it right in the beginning and it's hilarious.

gdt

I always very much enjoy Mammary Lane.

The segment yesterday with the stuff gay dudes put up their butts had me cracking up :lol .

I'm not a Bubba Fan but its funny seeing him fight on his twitter with some d-bag who made a perverted comment about his kid. He says he's calling his "fed Marshall buddies". :lol

danootz

With regards to repeat guests, I'll never, ever get tired of Tracy Morgan being on the show. I'd almost go so far as to say they should have him temporarily be a third seater while Artie is out.

One thing that's been bugging me about Howard though is when he gets all vocal about YouTube. The guy wants to hate on it so much but the next day he'll tout the wonders of being able to find anything on it and finding it entertaining. Is it schtick when he and Robin and the rest of them go on with all sorts of wrong facts when it comes to tech too? Gadget Gary has been chiming in more often to point things out but he's almost just as bad sometimes. I know it's not a major part of the store, but dang, it bugs me that Howard has millions of listeners who might be just as clueless as he is and when they hear him go on about something, they'll assume he's right or knows what he's talking about.

Leunam

Gadget Gary doesn't really know much about gadgets it seems. I don't think I've ever heard anything from him that makes him sound knowledgeable.

Maklershed said:
I'm not a Bubba Fan but its funny seeing him fight on his twitter with some d-bag who made a perverted comment about his kid. He says he's calling his "fed Marshall buddies". :lol
Did he really mis-spell marshal like that? Or are all his fed buddies just named Marshall?

Also, I can't stand Bubba either.

Also, Riley Martin is awesome.

Leunam said:
Gadget Gary doesn't really know much about gadgets it seems. I don't think I've ever heard anything from him that makes him sound knowledgeable.
It's actually kinda funny to hear the show's self-appointed gadgets experts (Gary, John, Ralph) spout shit about tech. Most of the time they haven't got a fucking clue what they're talking about.

Leunam

Gary Whitta said:

Hell yeah he is. The only things I've heard from his show are where Howard plays clips or whenever he calls in, but he's funny nonetheless. I think it's the voice.

"Now lookie he-uh."

Gary Whitta said:
Did he really mis-spel marshal like that? Or are all his fed buddies just named Marshall?

Also, I can't stand Bubba either.

That's exactly how he wrote it. He barely makes a tweet that doesn't have at least one word spelled incorrectly.

PacoDG

I do not know how familiar people here are with "WDM" .. but he/she/they put out a little audio set that seems to be their own "best of" titled HOWARD STERN - WDM Presents: Classic Rewind - Volume 1 [WDM]. Google if you want, has a lot of old old material (but the quality of course is not on par with production of the official best of's)

rise888 said:
Howard on the auto-tune has been hilarious. Can't wait to hear Robin try to sing with it

Oh dear lord no.

Ducky_McGee said:
Is it just me or does John Hein seem like one of the smarter people on the stern channels aside from Howard?

Considering the dude was well on his way to being a millionaire because of Jump the Shark before joining up with Stern, I'd say not.

Maklershed said:
Sweeeeeet! There was a show today! I was under the impression they were on a two week hiatus.
They had to adjust the vacation schedule to accommodate Robin's trip to Guatemala. There won't be another vacation for awhile.

Leunam

I enjoy Gary bashing and I will listen to as much of it as I can, but this cock who was on Stump the Booey who was clowning on Gary was annoying as fuck.

Leunam said:
I enjoy Gary bashing and I will listen to as much of it as I can, but this cock who was on Stump the Booey who was clowning on Gary was annoying as fuck.
That chick was a fucking cunt too.

I almost had an aneurysm at work today from laughing so incredibly hard at the prank call where Howard's parents call to say the power is out. Especially the non-sequitor "lubrication in the ear" and the "love dungeon" bits. I was coughing and in tears. My co-worker in the office next to me had to come over and make sure everything was ok. :lol

gdt

Maklershed said:
I almost had an aneurysm at work today from laughing so incredibly hard at the prank call where Howard's parents call to say the power is out. Especially the non-sequitor "lubrication in the ear" and the "love dungeon" bits. I was coughing and in tears. My co-worker in the office next to me had to come over and make sure everything was ok. :lol

Yeah, that was funny as shit.

nocode

The sex dungeon part was fucking hilarious. Howard should tell stories about his parents every day. What ever happened to their show? I know it became a huge pain to get them to the station, but they never found a way around that?

Count Dookkake said:
I did not think it would be possible to make a more painful commercial than the drill sergeant one for Cougar Life.

Christ, was I wrong.
Anything Ashley Madison I change the channel.

nocode

This is why satellite is great. I build up a 30-40 min buffer at all times, and I can listen to the show commercial free at home.

In general part of the reason why I try to avoid the commercials is that they give a really depressing picture of the Howard Stern listener - apparently people who are looking to cheat on their wives, hook up with cougars and then send them cheesy roses dipped in gold. Oh, and people with Tinitus, apparently.

ToxicAdam

Gary Whitta said:
In general part of the reason why I try to avoid the commercials is that they give a really depressing picture of the Howard Stern listener - apparently people who are looking to cheat on their wives, hook up with cougars and then send them cheesy roses dipped in gold. Oh, and people with Tinitus, apparently.

I don't know .. you just described half of SFN. :D

ToxicAdam said:
I don't know .. you just described half of SFN. :D
I stay far away from that too! And I don't mean it's depressing because the commercials give an inaccurate picture, but an ACCURATE one. I have no doubt that many if not most of Stern's listeners are horny idiots at whom stuff like Cougar Life is PERFECTLY targeted, and it depresses me that I have anything in common with them :lol

Just listened to the Stump the Booey segment - man that dude and his "girlfriend" are the most annoying people they've had up there in a looong time. It sucks they actually won.

PacoDG

Someone needs to make it a point to go on Howard's computer and remove his ability to use autotune. It was slightly funny years ago. Even when "I'm on a boat" it was kind of getting old.

Howard is just old :(

gdt

PacoDG said:
Someone needs to make it a point to go on Howard's computer and remove his ability to use autotune. It was slightly funny years ago. Even when "I'm on a boat" it was kind of getting old.

Howard is just old :(

The auto tune is awesome!

Top Bottom