• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Grinchy

Banned
I heard part of a show this week where Howard did a monologue. Possibly the worst radio I have ever heard them do.

Yep, he did it on Tuesday, then on Wednesday he claimed that there was a lot of E-mail about how great it was, so he did it again.

Fucking awful. The Eric the Acktor call was awesome though.

RangersFan

This thread seems to have always moved slowly but it has gotten even slower.

Unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be much to talk about. The show is barely even on anymore. And when it is, half the time I don't even think about posting about the funny stuff that was on it.

Yeah I've stopped posting mainly because it seemed like I was the only one at times. Plus lets face it, these days it's only worst posting here when there is something worth posting about...:(

I'm not the biggest Robin defender, but some people are saying that the drugs she's on (steroids and the like) from her cancer treatment cause weight gain.

But to me that sounds as plausible as needing to do the show from home due to a "broken toe" multiple times.

To be fair she went vegan in 2007 and this was her before the whole cancer business in 2012:
dtf6+

Y'know, when her book was originally supposed to come out.

Grinchy

Banned
Ughh is he back to the Jay Leno monologues again? Those scripted jokes are horrendous. They actually make Leno's jokes look really clever and well crafted in comparison.

This time around, he says "Jay Leno told Jimmy Fallon to do a 20 minute monologue. So that's what I'm going to do now, Robin!"

And then he goes on and on doing terribly scripted jokes for as long as possible while timing it to see if he has reached 20 minutes yet. It's really pretty bad.

This time around, he says "Jay Leno told Jimmy Fallon to do a 20 minute monologue. So that's what I'm going to do now, Robin!"

And then he goes on and on doing terribly scripted jokes for as long as possible while timing it to see if he has reached 20 minutes yet. It's really pretty bad.

And as if they're not bad enough he laughs at them really long and snorts. And then of course Robin is in the background losing her got damn mind with laughter too.

RangersFan

It was a bit. He was making fun of the advice Leno gave to Fallon about doing monologues. But really Letterman is the last of that ilk of traditional Late Night Host.

Grinchy

Banned
It was a bit. He was making fun of the advice Leno gave to Fallon about doing monologues. But really Letterman is the last of that ilk of traditional Late Night Host.

Of course it was a bit but it was almost 20 minutes the first day of complete unfunny and then 10 minutes the next day of complete unfunny.

Slowly catching up after temporarily quitting Sirius at the end of November. I like the Emron Kahn has got it going on bit hahaha. Also the Jonah Hill/Aaron Eckhart was a great interview day.

VPhys

They need to hurry up and roll out the replacement for HTV so people can view it online. And the birthday show better damn well be on there too. I hope they make the shows retroactive so satellite users who have not gotten HTV can go back and view things the've missed.

They need to hurry up and roll out the replacement for HTV so people can view it online. And the birthday show better damn well be on there too. I hope they make the shows retroactive so satellite users who have not gotten HTV can go back and view things the've missed.

No one in their right mind would pay for an occasional trickle of the new content, so you can bet any solution will be based around the back catalog.

I remember being an HTV subscriber near its inception thinking since it was $12.99 a month (more than HBO at the time) that it'd be jam packed with E Shows and all sorts of side content and the regular shows. Yeah I was way wrong. Knowing what I know now about the Sirius years its what I should've expected but it was pretty much just video of interviews and that was it. Nothing else really. And the content hardly changed from month even though there was only about 10 videos in total to watch.

BTW, I'd still totally pay to watch the E shows.

Van Owen

Banned
I remember when there was the online service to watch the old shows uncensored online. I wonder if they really had that many sign ups, cause they don't seem to be in a rush to bring it back.

RangersFan

Artie is gonna be a guest on The Tonight Show on Wednesday. And JD got an offer to direct part of an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Funny listening to annoy Howard was when the hair doctor called him out on his wig lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQLaYGodTmI

I don't even know why he would lie about Toni. He's used her for like 15 years, not just for AGT. She shows up to Sirius everyday even though Howard doesn't have the TV show too.

I'm sure he regrets having that guy on. Of course Gary and Jon Hein slam him on the WUS.

I think he lied about her because he was flustered. It is especially bad since she was seen at the end of his episode with Seinfeld. Bet he hated that that made the cut.

Van Owen

Banned
I find the "hair" controversy to be just about the dumbest thing Stern fans obsess about. Who gives a shit, seriously.

It's just funny that he blatantly lies about it.

Just like he'll say he only had a nose job when he also admitted to having lipo/other work done around the chin and neck.

Grinchy

Banned
He has his real hair still because he takes such good care of his body. Eating 5 almonds and a portion of halibut with 2 teaspoons of sauce, Robin, is what keeps your hair in place. It also changes your teeth to make them larger and bright white without any dental work being done since Private Parts, Robin.

Clipjoint

It's just funny that he blatantly lies about it.

Just like he'll say he only had a nose job when he also admitted to having lipo/other work done around the chin and neck.

You mean he's vain and a hypocrite and not 100% completely honest all the time? I'm shocked.

Van Owen

Banned
He has his real hair still because he takes such good care of his body. Eating 5 almonds and a portion of halibut with 2 teaspoons of sauce, Robin, is what keeps your hair in place. It also changes your teeth to make them larger and bright white without any dental work being done since Private Parts, Robin.

Very evolved.

I find the "hair" controversy to be just about the dumbest thing Stern fans obsess about. Who gives a shit, seriously.

First of all, it's the Howard Stern thread. What do you propose we talk about?

Secondly, when a guy touts himself for 30 years as the most straight shooting, honest, down to Earth guy in the world, isn't hiding the fact you're wearing a wig (despite it being obvious that its a wig) just a little noteworthy?

Grinchy

Banned

Secondly, when a guy touts himself for 30 years as the most straight shooting, honest, down to Earth guy in the world, isn't hiding the fact you're wearing a wig (despite it being obvious that its a wig) just a little noteworthy?

I'm actually sort of impressed by his dedication to the "secret."

It always seems like the kind of thing Howard would have goofed on back in the day

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/03/14/130-pound-scrotum-wesley-warren-dead

This is nuts -- Wesley Warren (the man famous for his 132-pound scrotum) has passed away from a non-scrotum health issue.

According to reports, Warren passed away Friday at University Medical Center after suffering two heart attacks in recent weeks.

Warren's friend told the Vegas Review-Journal, Warren's been hospitalized for the last 5-and-a-half weeks for infections stemming from his diabetes, and suffered the heart attacks while in the hospital. Prior to his surgery last summer to remove the exercise ball-sized growth, Warren used to wear hooded sweatshirts as pants, using the hood as a makeshift scrotum sling.

Warren had suffered from an extreme case of scrotal lymphedema, which causes the scrotum to swell with watery fluid. He appeared on the Howard Stern Show as well as Comedy Central.

Warren was 49.

http://youtu.be/svbg1Yxw3eM

appaws

Banned
Subscribing and first post in this thread.

I am a longtime fan, since the mid-1990s.

I am pretty sad with the way the show has evolved over the years. I find myself listening a lot more to podcasts and stern best of collections instead of the recent shows. I am still back in December in my backlog, but I continue to store them up out of habit.

Currently listening to a collection of Mark Harris appearances....fucking hilarious!

If I had to rank broadcasters today based on how much they entertain me...it would be Garnett Lee #1 and Stern #2. Weird.

Bababooey to y'all.

I wonder if Howard will mention this on the air ..

gossipextra.com said:
Radio star Howard Stern is spending between $8 million and $10 million on the renovation of the ocean-front mansion he just bought in Palm Beach for $52 million!

And the purpose for some of the construction work is that Stern’s model wife wanted a larger closet!

Grinchy

Banned
Some people on Dawg's guessed that maybe what's really going on is that he's having his house outfitted to do the show from there. That would make a lot more sense than $10 million for a 1000 square foot closet.

And the quote does say that the purpose for "some" of the work is for the closet.

Some people on Dawg's guessed that maybe what's really going on is that he's having his house outfitted to do the show from there. That would make a lot more sense than $10 million for a 1000 square foot closet.

And the quote does say that the purpose for "some" of the work is for the closet.

Eh might as well. Not like it can make the show any worse. I wonder if Benji and Fred get to work from ISDN as well or if it'll just be Howard and Robin and the remaining crew toils away from a physical location?

Grinchy

Banned
I'm not positive, but I think she came into the show on a couple other days since her book promotion week. But it has been weeks since the last sighting. Any time there are technical problems with her ISDN line they are pretty obvious about the fact that she's not in the studio.

I hope we find out one day what's really going on. When she was out for a year and a half and we found out she had cancer and was going through treatments, it was pretty understandable that she wasn't in studio and it was commendable that she continued working through it. If I thought I might die soon, I doubt I'd spend my last moments fake laughing at fart jokes.

But then she came back and said there's really no medical issue anymore. She's "cured." No reason to worry about her health because she had beaten cancer. So what could the reason be for doing the show from home again? I think she just got used to it, or maybe it's a contractual thing. Maybe she took a big pay cut in the new deal and she's exercising some contractual rights.

RangersFan

She's been in and out. She broke her toes, TWICE in separate instances apparently. But that was a while ago, she was in recently but interestingly enough back over the ISDN during the same work week. At this point it's impossible to judge unless said specifically that she is in or alluded to by staff or guest while talking.

Also to the guy above who said how it doesn't piss off the staff, oh it does. But in the way Howard control things you never hear about it but people's frustrations with her have slipped at times. But notably Richard Christy and Gary. Both during arguments with her in anger/annoyance retorted with a "well you're never here anyways" or "how can you know I don't even see you."

Van Owen

Banned
I don't think Robin lives in the city anymore. She was in this week for Dan Rather, but I'm guessing she's going to be doing most of the shows from Jersey or where ever she lives. Howard probably plans to do the show from Florida soon which is why he talked about installing an ISDN in his apartment to test it out.

Did anyone hear Robin doing the April fool's story yesterday? I can't believe how retarded she is. Zero effort must go in to her news (like how little effort actually goes into the show itself) when the story actually said it was a joke and no one caught it.

My mother got through to the wrap up show this morning. Haven't heard it yet but she talked with Gary about the E Street Band getting into the R&R HOF.

RangersFan

My mother got through to the wrap up show this morning. Haven't heard it yet but she talked with Gary about the E Street Band getting into the R&R HOF.

Your mom also committed the cardinal sin of "First time, long time." Thankfully she got to the point soon after, and it was Wrap-Up don't think she would have lasted if she was on with Howard.

http://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/1yzu56/tips_for_being_a_great_caller/
Good post on reddit on caller tips, that Jason posted to the main site and Howard even mentioned.

Top Bottom