• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

I knew that would happen. Phelan was a camera op and grip. If they end up using anyone for whatever HTV becomes it'll be Goodstein as Producer and DePace (I hope) as Director, just like E! and HTV on Demand before. Alll the grips and camera men like Phelan, Richie Wilson, and Gange are probably gone for good.

Also this was posted on reddit last week: http://imgur.com/a/8sTjg#6VVy1ar
Benjy cryptically alludes to Goodstein being in his future in a facebook comment. Take that for whatever it is.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm on the 1/13 show now. They have been kinda funny lately. There have been multiple times in the past couple weeks when I've been walking around in public trying not to bust out laughing.

RangersFan

The show has definitely been better lately (but really is that saying much?). This week was actually pretty good with in studio contests, Hottest Nude Mom Daughter and 4 "wack packers" (really only 1 true wp) vying for birthday bash tickets with JD as judge. Queen Latifah was one of the most boring interviews ever, and Michael Ian Black was a disappointment as well, but Harvey Weinstein I liked.

As for last week's show it was better than usual because the best shows usually are from when they're back from vacations, especially xmas vacation because you hear the xmas party stories. I gotta admit even though I still believe the Birthday Bash came about to fill air time to a show in need of content, it has done exactly that and I don't mind. I got a kick out of James missing out on tickets 4 times, lol. Ronnie trivia was pretty funny. Handzi bit is getting old though, we don't need to hear every day that he won't get a notorized permission slip from his parents and a suitable chaperon.

Van Owen

Banned
So is the birthday show being filmed at all?

Stuff like the hottest nude mom and daughter seems really stupid when there's no video or uncensored pics...

Grinchy

Banned
Queen Latifah was one of the most boring interviews ever,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I was walking around in the snow or riding a crowded bus the whole time it was going on. The only reason I got through the whole interview was because it would have been too inconvenient to pull my phone out and advance the show.

Handzi bit is getting old though, we don't need to hear every day that he won't get a notorized permission slip from his parents and a suitable chaperon.
I'm not his biggest fan, but I'm loving the Hanzi stuff lately. For some reason I'm just cracking up every time he's on the phone.

I stopped listening early in December. Tried to start back this week and the Latifah show was not clicking for me.

I've just been listening to classic bits and segments on Youtube and it's way more fun.

Haven't listened since late summer. Just listen to podcasts these days. I dont feel like I'm missing much. My friend listens and keeps me posted if anything big happens and I check dawgs fairly often. The only thing that has sounded remotely funny/interesting to me lately is JD and the spoons thing.

RangersFan

Haven't listened since late summer. Just listen to podcasts these days. I dont feel like I'm missing much. My friend listens and keeps me posted if anything big happens and I check dawgs fairly often. The only thing that has sounded remotely funny/interesting to me lately is JD and the spoons thing.

I didn't like the spoon bit. It felt too forced. The show was trying hard to make it the next DaBadass thing or JD and Hawaii ribbing which came about organically. They were trying too hard to make the spoon bit a thing. The only funny thing about the spoons was fred would play 'spoonman' by soundgarden whenever JD would come in.

I didn't like the spoon bit. It felt too forced. The show was trying hard to make it the next DaBadass thing or JD and Hawaii ribbing which came about organically. They were trying too hard to make the spoon bit a thing. The only funny thing about the spoons was fred would play 'spoonman' by soundgarden whenever JD would come in.

Ah I didnt hear it come to be. I just heard it described and it sounded hilarious to me that JD wanted to start a collection but only had two spoons. Haha

And now he's being harassed by people sending in spoons and he hates it.

Van Owen

Banned
Chin implant and dentures look great...
BeOWvETIMAA9iMg.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
JD and the spoon stuff was aweome

Also there has been some great ETM moments. I hear this one like at least a few times a week when either multitasking or having down time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXfc6GHdvw

Always cracks me up

Show needs to get the wackpackers on more. Can't recall the last time Beet was in the studio with them.

so artie was on today?

It says on marksfriggin that there wasn't a new show today.

Howard Off, Stern Show Replays. 01/20/14. 6:00am
Howard's Tissues - February 28, 2006. 01/20/14. 6:00am
Cockaoke (Cockyoke) - March 4, 2010. 01/20/14. 6:55am
John Popper - May 8, 2001. 01/20/14. 7:40am
Black Crows - May 8, 2001. 01/20/14. 8:05am
King Of All Blacks - August 2, 2006. 01/20/14. 8:45am
MLK Interviews - January 19, 1999. 01/20/14. 9:20am
Waxing/Heavy Metal Trivia - October 24, 2006. 01/20/14. 9:35am
Robin's News - Various Dates. 01/20/14. 10:10am

RangersFan

Benji's girlfriend writes for the show. No wonder it's so shitty.

Her "writing" for the show is her posting things to 'Muldred' their in office social media site. Basically Howard's way of everyone who works on the show collaborating and posting things in lieu of actually spending money on a full-time writer.

Her "writing" for the show is her posting things to 'Muldred' their in office social media site. Basically Howard's way of everyone who works on the show collaborating and posting things in lieu of actually spending money on a full-time writer.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing—just posted on Reddit:

I suspect she has an account on the whole Moldred thing where everyone submits jokes about topics that are going to be on the show. A year or so ago when they first started using it he mentioned basically every intern/assistant having accounts.

It's also not a coincidence that around that time the show started to have hacky Jay Leno monologue jokes crowbarred in to the show open and throughout Robin's news.

It seems like the monologue jokes have gotten smoother, but I also haven't listened to the show in months (other than this Benjy thing after the fact).

Grinchy

Banned
I forgot to ask, what the hell was up with that harmony singing machine that they tried to crowbar into the show the other day? How much money did that company have to pay to get Howard to go through with that awful bit?

Van Owen

Banned

It kind of sounded like she is a paid employee though considering how pissed Gary was getting when he brought up she worked for the show.

There was a monologue joke Howard told the other day that completely bombed until Robin fake chuckled a few seconds after Howard delivered it lol.

Hey I posted this in the Nipplegate 10th anniversary thread. Only fitting I post it here too.

http://youtu.be/tyIn6eay9Mw

My friend from work and I quote lines from this to each other randomly.

We also like to quote lines from the show (usually Tim Sabean quotes) to non-Stern co workers when we're in each others presence. I had him cracking up in a meeting once because I said to our boss in a serious tone, "There are so many projects and initiatives going on around this office."

RangersFan

lol this is great. Cranston drunk as fuck lol. The guest list has been pretty impressive so far. Only low point so far was Couric.

Grinchy

Banned
I just had to get myself banned right around the time of the birthday bash. I wish I could have been in here talking about it while I was listening. I had to settle for the mentally challenged Dawgs members lol

I thought it was pretty good overall. I think having a full length interview in the middle of a drunken music/comedy bash was pretty questionable, but it wasn't too bad.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens.

I just heard the segment where Lisa G was recorded in the news office and she just kept droning on and on. I can't believe the other news people haven't committed suicide yet.

Grinchy

Banned
^
Uq4CcXk.jpg

The only thing I'm going to miss now that the birthday bash is over are the calls from Hanzi. I was never a huge fan of his but for whatever reason, the permission slip bit was hilarious to me. And that damn new song is so catchy.

Grinchy

Banned
How does Robin talk so much shit about what's good food and bad food, sells a book about eating "right" and still be so fat?

I'm not the biggest Robin defender, but some people are saying that the drugs she's on (steroids and the like) from her cancer treatment cause weight gain.

But to me that sounds as plausible as needing to do the show from home due to a "broken toe" multiple times.

Grinchy

Banned
Are there not a lot of Stern fans here, or just not a lit of Stern fans that post about it here?

This thread seems to have always moved slowly but it has gotten even slower.

Unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be much to talk about. The show is barely even on anymore. And when it is, half the time I don't even think about posting about the funny stuff that was on it.

xclaw

Pretty sure we all check for updates, I'm sure it would be more active if Howard would actually put out some content.

Top Bottom