• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Dalek

Poor Jim. He really loved his dad a lot. You could tell even from the awful, funny stories that he would do anything for him.

Grinchy

Banned
I still don't understand what happened between Gilbert and Howard. It can't possibly be just because Gilbert was spitting on the cupcakes/walls.

Nuklear

Banned
I still don't understand what happened between Gilbert and Howard. It can't possibly be just because Gilbert was spitting on the cupcakes/walls.

Howard has had him on the show after that so it isn't that. Some caller will sneak it in and ask Howard about soon enough.

Tarkus

I got a feeling that Artie will be stopping by the show soon. During vacation, they played a lot of Artie segments. You know Artie would do it in a heartbeat.

Tarkus

Howard doesn't want to risk him relapsing. There is zero chance Artie will ever be on the show again.
If anything it's a legal issue. I don't think Howard is worried about him relapsing. Howard exploits retarded people and those with speech impediments. I don't think he cares about a drug problem.

RangersFan

If anything it's a legal issue. I don't think Howard is worried about him relapsing. Howard exploits retarded people and those with speech impediments. I don't think he cares about a drug problem.

Pretty much. While I do believe Howard cares for Artie's well being, let's be real. Howard cares more about the responsibilities and legalities that would entail an Artie return.

Nuklear

Banned
Been listening to the Jay Thomas Show on Sirius 104 and I think the show is better than Howard now. Jay and Kevin are fucking hilarious. I used to listen all the time to the show but I couldn't stand Shuli so I quit listening but with Kevin on there instead of Shuli the show is so much better. Jay and Kevin have very good chemistry and it makes for a very enjoyable show.

appaws

Banned
That's just Gilbert being Gilbert. He was at the birthday bash.

There is definetly a change in Gilbert's circumstances relating to the show. He used to be on every time he appeared at Caroline's. Which was pretty often.

My guess is just that he is a victim of 1)the shift to the PC Howard Stern show of today where a lot of his humor would not be welcome, and 2) of the fact that there are a lot less shows so there are less slots for bookings.

Grinchy

Banned
In one of the recent Mammary Lanes, they played the time when High Pitch Mike wouldn't let Steve Langford into his apartment to see the TV that he had won. Then it leads into how he went to Disneyworld alone and it just happened to be during gay week. Putting aside the depressing angle of Mike thinking he had to hide the fact that he is gay, it was fucking hilarious. Artie was relentless. I was laughing so hard along with him.

RangersFan

In one of the recent Mammary Lanes, they played the time when High Pitch Mike wouldn't let Steve Langford into his apartment to see the TV that he had won. Then it leads into how he went to Disneyworld alone and it just happened to be during gay week. Putting aside the depressing angle of Mike thinking he had to hide the fact that he is gay, it was fucking hilarious. Artie was relentless. I was laughing so hard along with him.

I remember that show. I wonder if they edited out a lot of the "faggots." I remember Artie and everyone dropping f-bombs around.

Lothar

Banned

This is nothing new. I was listening to this Gilbert appearance in 97 and Howard tells Gilbert to his face that his worst nightmare would be if he saw Gilbert in public and had to talk to him.

"You gotta be honest with Gilbert and say Gilbert you know what, you're really annoying. I didn't come here to talk to you. You can take that, right? You can handle it. People say that to you."
"Yeah I'm used to it by now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTRhQzNvEbs

At 1:50

Terrific appearance by the way.

This is nothing new. I was listening to this Gilbert appearance in 97 and Howard tells Gilbert to his face that his worst nightmare would be if he saw Gilbert in public and had to talk to him.

"You gotta be honest with Gilbert and say Gilbert you know what, you're really annoying. I didn't come here to talk to you. You can take that, right? You can handle it. People say that to you."

C'mon though - to not even acknowledge his presence? Howard couldn't even just look at him and give him a nod of the head? Gilbert has been a guest so many times and is part of show history. Imagine if Howard passed David Letterman on the street and Letterman pretended to not know who he is?

Gilbert and Barbra is so damn funny, she remains oblivious to how self defeating she is.. "Igor is Jewish, he stand crooked! And his yarmulke keeps falling off!"

Nuklear

Banned
lol Benjy is the best. And Elisa was there with him too.

If he doesn't get intercourse out of this it is over. I can't wait to hear Howard reem him over it.

This is the first time I've seen Elisa too and I can't believe he scored her out of any legit means. She just wants to get ahead in the game.

appaws

Banned
I just heard that Johnny Fratto tweeted that Eric the Actor passed away yesterday....

Confirmed by Eric's facebook page.....

I'm really sad about this. The little guy was the best! RIP!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Aww...I was just listening to his call in with Yucko this morning...

He was sad he was no longer going to get any pussy because his caretaker was moving.

Kuroyume

Banned
Devastating if true. Eric is one of the last few depenadbly good things on the show besides goofing on JD. Don't even want to think of an Eric-less show.

Top Bottom