• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The best was when Fred would cutup and insert new names for Eric while he was calling in. "My name is Eric the (shitcock), etc." He would get so hyped up. Need to find the clip on youtube.

Lothar

Banned
I wonder if it will come our that it was all an act now. Because I believe the whole time Howard was just being really nice and giving him a role for the show. Remember, Eric was a big wrestling fan. He understood the value of being a heel.

I wonder if it will come our that it was all an act now. Because I believe the whole time Howard was just being really nice and giving him a role for the show. Remember, Eric was a big wrestling fan. He understood the value of being a heel.

Stuff with Johnny Fratto was but he was mostly legit

Grinchy

Banned
Aww, the poor little guy. And he was just about to go and live with his parents again. I wonder if Jon is pretty broken up over this.

I would have bet any amount of money that when Howard said that Eric died Robin wouldn't have known ahead of time. How is that possible?

I was talking about this with a friend today. Think about it. Fans had to tweet her about it, she probably received emails, coworkers had to be discussing it (or failing that, whoever was setting up her ISDN line for the day), etc. At the very least you'd think the Gary, the got damn producer of the show, would've told the #2 person on the show that a major character/guest died.

Nuklear

Banned
You could tell Howard was frustrated with her too when he said, "It might be easier if you tell me all the things you do know and then I can fill you in from there."

She's the freaking newsperson for crying out loud and usually never has a clue.

She prolly wasn't in the studio today and was on ISDN which would explain why she didn't hear anyone in the studio talking about it before the show went on the air.

RangersFan

The one thing I really loved about Langford was his utter disdain for Robin and for her being called a "news woman..."

I really believe Robin either didn't know and didn't hear about Eric's death being in her own Robin world afterall, or 34 narcissism was rearing it's ugly head and she was immediately shifting the attention on herself about why SHE hadn't heard about it.

Grinchy

Banned
Howard brings up all the time how hard it is to reach Robin. Howard Stern can't even reach her (not that anyone can reach him). But the point is that she's not reading E-mails or checking voicemails and then she blames it on technology. I almost want to believe her since she thinks she needs to pay an AOL subscription to use the internet.

But I can totally believe that Robin is unreachable and shows up just for the show.

RangersFan

Howard brings up all the time how hard it is to reach Robin. Howard Stern can't even reach her (not that anyone can reach him). But the point is that she's not reading E-mails or checking voicemails and then she blames it on technology. I almost want to believe her since she thinks she needs to pay an AOL subscription to use the internet.

But I can totally believe that Robin is unreachable and shows up just for the show.

Also since she does the majority of shows from home over ISDN she probably didn't hear all the pre-show talk about Eric.

As much as Robin sucks, you guys realize she plays off thst she hasn't heard because she knows it's a topic Howard wants to talk about and wants him to speak to it. She does it all the time in random news stories, you can tell she knows all about it but pretends not to so Howard can take over on the subject. You guys are delusional if you think she didn't know Eric had died.

Booshka

Oakland A's need to give a shout out to him as well. Maybe they will go on a tear to end the season and sneak into the Wild Card.

Grinchy

Banned
As much as Robin sucks, you guys realize she plays off thst she hasn't heard because she knows it's a topic Howard wants to talk about and wants him to speak to it. She does it all the time in random news stories, you can tell she knows all about it but pretends not to so Howard can take over on the subject. You guys are delusional if you think she didn't know Eric had died.

That's definitely possible. I haven't heard the show yet so I was reacting to just the discussion. I could totally buy that she did or didn't know. Either way is pretty plausible.

RangersFan

That was my first thought listening to it live yesterday, hence my Robin is playing her "character" joke before. But on the flip side she really is that self absorbed and narcissistic that I wouldn't put it past her. I mean the amount of times she interrupted and brought the focus on herself yesterday actually got me more annoyed at her than usual.

slit

Really? She would have been much more shocked had she known. A simple "what??? Oh no!" Wouldnt make sense.

But whatever point stands that Robin is more or less worthless.

TBH, Howard is the one that's becoming worthless. At least Robin has been consistent in her looniness. Howard has really become everything he hated even just a few years ago. I know why. He's older now and doesn't have the same vigor, but man I miss the old Howard. I honestly think his marriage to Beth and AGT quickened the loss of edginess too.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
TBH, Howard is the one that's becoming worthless. At least Robin has been consistent in her looniness. Howard has really become everything he hated even just a few years ago. I know why. He's older now and doesn't have the same vigor, but man I miss the old Howard. I honestly think his marriage to Beth and AGT quickened the loss of edginess too.

Part of me thinks that it's also because of the Jackie/Artie position not being filled. Listening to the replays you can feel the difference in atmosphere.

slit

Part of me thinks that it's also because of the Jackie/Artie position not being filled. Listening to the replays you can feel the difference in atmosphere.

Yeah I agree with that too. I don't why nobody filled that space. Even if they had just brought Jackie back, but to leave it empty simply left a big hole.

Yeah I agree with that too. I don't why nobody filled that space. Even if they had just brought Jackie back, but to leave it empty simply left a big hole.

None of them want to put up with Jackie. It is probably better that they didn't fill it because they would have filled it with a Shuli type. They aren't going to spend the money to get anyone talented.

slit

None of them want to put up with Jackie. It is probably better that they didn't fill it because they would have filled it with a Shuli type. They aren't going to spend the money to get anyone talented.

It doesn't matter if it was Jackie and anyway I don't think Jackie would ever pull those negotiation stunts again after the damage he did to himself. Howard needs Robin to "bounce off of" but he also needs someone "play" with and Benjy and Shuli are just not cutting it. Howard actually said he wanted to hire someone but the money that was going to Artie somehow disappered, at least that's what Howard said.

Grinchy

Banned
The show is better even when someone like Bigfoot Jr is sitting in. David Arquette came in for a week, and I know opinions about him are mixed but it was a nice change.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't matter if it was Jackie and anyway I don't think Jackie would ever pull those negotiation stunts again after the damage he did to himself. Howard needs Robin to "bounce off of" but he also needs someone "play" with and Benjy and Shuli are just not cutting it. Howard actually said he wanted to hire someone but the money that was going to Artie somehow disappered, at least that's what Howard said.

I want to take him at face value and think that Sirius pulled the rug out from underneath him, especially after the apparent stock snafu and then not letting them change start times.

Kuroyume

Banned
I wish they would just ease of the interviews because these last few musical ones haven't done anything for me. And I don't give a shit about Neil Young. Not going to say he sucks because I don't listen to his music... I just don't care. I need some Beetlejuice or some kind of non-celebrity guest goofiness on the show... Especially since we didn't get that much Eric the past few weeks with Howard and co being out of the studio so often. Howard and co goofing on JD and his grilfriend a week ago was awesome. I want more of that.

mattp

howard has become the most fucking boring interviewer ever
he just comes off patronizing as shit and sounds like he's pretending to be a psychologist more than an interviewer

like the weird shit he seems to do with almost every female guest lately.
asking sarah silverman "you want your boyfriend to propose to you? i can feel it. i know you do. if he came up to you and said he loves you more than anything and wants to spend the rest of his life with you, you would say yes?"
stopppppp

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuG5EcJK8U#t=912 this is so fucking awkward and weird

Nuklear

Banned
Gilbert Gottfried should have filled that position.

I agree but Howard's ego won't allow it for whatever reason.

It was nice to hear from Crazy Alice again. That was very nice thing of her to do. Alice ranks up there as one of the best whackpackers.

I'm getting burnt out on all the interviews. There should be a one interview limit per show. Monday's show was a breathe of fresh air because they had no guests and the only reason that happened was because of Eric.

appaws

Banned
I agree but Howard's ego won't allow it for whatever reason.

It was nice to hear from Crazy Alice again. That was very nice thing of her to do. Alice ranks up there as one of the best whackpackers.

I'm getting burnt out on all the interviews. There should be a one interview limit per show. Monday's show was a breathe of fresh air because they had no guests and the only reason that happened was because of Eric.

I liked Gilbert as a guest, but I don't think he would have been the guy for a full time Artie replacement. I would have liked Carolla or Craig Gass.

Grinchy

Banned
Lenny Kravitz was a great interview.

Jennifer Hudson made me wish radio had never been invented. It was like listening to the boring interview of a person who thought they were Beyonce's character in the third Austin Powers movie. Just terrible.

Top Bottom