• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

I actually enjoyed the show today. The Benjy Beth interview wasn't actually as terrible as you would imagine. It broke up the monotony of Howard's ass kissing interviews, too bad Bababooey and Howard broke it off for Rachel Ray right when it came to the Amanda Peet question. Also Jon Stewart interview was very good. He gets it, gets the show. Show was actually enjoyable for me today.

Nuklear

Banned
I actually enjoyed the show today. The Benjy Beth interview wasn't actually as terrible as you would imagine. It broke up the monotony of Howard's ass kissing interviews, too bad Bababooey and Howard broke it off for Rachel Ray right when it came to the Amanda Peet question. Also Jon Stewart interview was very good. He gets it, gets the show. Show was actually enjoyable for me today.

I haven't listened to the Benjy interview myself but it seems like he got cutoff just as it was getting good and that Robin was more annoying than usual. I guess she was really butting in during the interview.

Tarkus

I haven't listened to the Benjy interview myself but it seems like he got cutoff just as it was getting good and that Robin was more annoying than usual. I guess she was really butting in during the interview.
Yes, it was as though she was being Beth big sister at times.

I've got to decide if I'm renewing for the year or not this month. When's the contract up?

nocode

Is there anything more important than finding animals for rich people?

Joining us in the studio today right over there is...um...Jerry and Elizabeth Owens. Jerry donated money to the North Shore Animal League.

I'm not saying the Beth visits aren't annoying, but the North Shore Animal League is a no kill shelter that buses dogs and cats in from all over the country. They are non-profit, and you can adopt animals from them almost for free. I'm saying this as someone that has adopted from there (long before Howard started mentioning them I'll add). Where do you get that they "find animals for rich people" and that it doesn't cost millions to build and run a facility like that?

Just seems like a weird target to get salty towards. You guys and this Howard hate circle jerk gets a little nuts sometimes is all I'm saying I guess?

I'm not saying the Beth visits aren't annoying, but the North Shore Animal League is a no kill shelter that buses dogs and cats in from all over the country. They are non-profit, and you can adopt animals from them almost for free. I'm saying this as someone that has adopted from there (long before Howard started mentioning them I'll add). Where do you get that they "find animals for rich people" and that it doesn't cost millions to build and run a facility like that?

Just seems like a weird target to get salty towards. You guys and this Howard hate circle jerk gets a little nuts sometimes is all I'm saying I guess?

I in fine with helping animals but Its a low rated charity and she promotes adopting from shelters but how did they get Bianca?

Also how many times did Howard mock Don Imus and his cancer ranch?

nocode

I in fine with helping animals but Its a low rated charity and she promotes adopting from shelters but how did they get Bianca?

Also how many times did Howard mock Don Imus and his cancer ranch?

They got Bianca from a breeder, then talked about how terrible her health problems were for her later years. Obviously they were affected by seeing their dog in pain like that. I think that was one of the catalysts for campaigning for an organization like north shore.

And Howard was mocking Imus for living on a ranch tax free by having sick children on the property. Not sure how those two are connected or even similar.

Before everyone comes in and kills me for this, I'm not saying that Stern is perfect when it comes to this by any means. I've listened since the mid 90's and I've heard a lot of the evolution over the years. I'm just saying that in this specific case that I've been commenting on, you guys are off base. Almost everything he does now is shot down as fake or staged, and I don't buy it. I lurk here mostly, but I just got tired of it this time.

And Talbot killed it tonight by the way. Fuck Philthadelphia. Hank needed a day off.

Van Owen

Banned
They're bulldog had health problems because it's a fucking bulldog. None of them can breathe properly.

Howard also made fun of Imus for putting his boring wife on the air to promote vanity projects, which Howard now does. Helping animals is a much more noble cause then helping children with cancer though.

nocode

They're bulldog had health problems because it's a fucking bulldog. None of them can breathe properly.

Howard also made fun of Imus for putting his boring wife on the air to promote vanity projects, which Howard now does. Helping animals is a much more noble cause then helping children with cancer though.

That's my point.... Their bulldog had health problems (as do all bulldogs) because it was from a breeder...from a long line of in-bread bulldogs. Places like north shore save mutts that would be killed because the shelter they were rescued from can't afford to keep animals until a natural death. It helps promote adopting animals instead of buying from a breeder or puppy mill.

And nobody said "helping animals is a much more noble cause than helping children with cancer." Stern mocked him (wrong or right) about living on a huge ranch, and avoiding taxes by setting up a camp on the property. Not because he set up a charity.

Nuklear

Banned
Howard said on Tuesday he will never buy a dog from a breeder again.

I listened to Tuesday's show today and the Benjy interview was pretty decent. He pushed way too hard on the cheating crap. It was clear she wasn't going to give up any more info than she already did and he kept trying to push for more. He should have moved on and asked about her relationship with Howard's kids. John Stewart was amazing and when John started asking Howard questions is what I enjoyed the most out of the interview. I wish Howard would have John interview him for an hour.

PS: I'm so sick of Robin and wish she would retire even if it means the end of the show. She's far too annoying anymore.

smurfx

get some go again
i think many turned on north shore after discovering that the guy who runs it was paying himself 500k or some absurd number like that.

nocode

i think many turned on north shore after discovering that the guy who runs it was paying himself 500k or some absurd number like that.

And $12 million of their $35 million expenses are spent on fundraising events.

Well, it's no secret, here is the breakdown if you are interested.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4239#.VG3wFvnF98E

How does this change the fact that they are the worlds largest no-kill shelter again?

Tarkus

It's hard to believe Howard never fucked in his huge extravagant bathtub that probably cost him several hundred thousand to install in a Manhattan hi-rise.

It was nice hearing Artie reruns today.
#bringhimback

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Apparently Elliot Offen is still at it.
https://twitter.com/FlopsockTime/status/536344394568585216

https://twitter.com/Honeygrip/status/525736828373311488
going to court
B0vK00dCcAAWImY.jpg

Van Owen

Banned
lol it's no surprise that they cut Benjy off right when he was asking Beth why she hates Amanda Peet.

lol it was so obvious Howard was railing against her no reason that it had something to do with Beth.

She probably hates that Amanda is a successful actress with kids and is married to a successful producer. She's fulfilled taking care of kittens, but would love to have a baby. Yeah, right...

lol it was so obvious Howard was railing against her no reason that it had something to do with Beth.

She probably hates that Amanda is a successful actress with kids and is married to a successful producer. She's fulfilled taking care of kittens, but would love to have a baby. Yeah, right...

She apparently stole Beths boyfriend.

Komo

Banned
So hey uh. I'm in Australia, and I really love what I've heard of the show.

Is there anywhere I can hear it? Are episodes recorded and posted online or something?

Tarkus

So hey uh. I'm in Australia, and I really love what I've heard of the show.

Is there anywhere I can hear it? Are episodes recorded and posted online or something?
Can't you do the On Demand service they have that works through an app on your device?

Edit: It looks like you'll have to hide behind a VPN or something to get access to the servers :(

RangersFan

Foo was good but unfortunately the show is at it's lowest point ever. The new writer is fucking horrible. All the bits aren't even the slightest bit funny. Kim Jon Un, really? All time low.

Tarkus

The Dr. Harry Fisch Show is really good. They need to do it twice a week. "My asshole leaks after I shit. You know anything about that doc?"

RangersFan

Seems like a capitulation by Sirius seeing as how his contract expires at the end of 2015 and the writing is on the wall that he is gone at the end of it with HTV all the 101 shows and staff leaving.

NYR

Yeah, he needs to just quit, it's bad enough when that AGT shit is on tv. Would be cool for a one year goodbye, with an epic show to close it out.

Grinchy

Banned
It would be a shame to see him retire now, though. It would go out on such a whimper. I'd like him to do another contract and use some of the pennies from his insane budget to hire a comic to sit in for a week at a time. Hell, let Jackie sit in for a week. Just try something that isn't so safe and easy.

appaws

Banned
I rather he hang it up then release the archive in some sort of subscription.

Unfortunately, he will never release the archive in an uncut form....maybe something akin to the current best of or history of formats....but never whole old shows for download.

It's normal that it is coming to an end this way...all great things do. Howard was the most cutting edge entertainer, maybe ever, but without question for 20+ years. But we all get old, even the king of all media.

So Howard had a temper tantrum this morning after the NY Daily News ran a front page article that called him out for comparing 9/11 to the Sony Hack on yesterday's show. Basically went into defensive mode instead of coping to the fact that he compared the two and made a mistake. He kept reiterating how patriotic he is and that he loves the country, but then had a former NY Daily News reporter on who said the Snowden and Manning leaks were good and needed to be done, and Howard agreed.

What?

RangersFan

So Howard had a temper tantrum this morning after the NY Daily News ran a front page article that called him out for comparing 9/11 to the Sony Hack on yesterday's show. Basically went into defensive mode instead of coping to the fact that he compared the two and made a mistake. He kept reiterating how patriotic he is and that he loves the country, but then had a former NY Daily News reporter on who said the Snowden and Manning leaks were good and needed to be done, and Howard agreed.

What?

His rant was actually good. It was like old Howard again. Nice to actually get him riled up about something. Howard has always been at his best when he has something to rail against.

Top Bottom