• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I'm finally caught up. I like the Benjy stuff actually. Elisa can fuck off but everything else is funny. He's pretty great to rip on.

I was pretty surprised at how long Howard had that one random caller on who called the show basically an advertisement for Comcast (AGT). He got pissed.

RangersFan

I love Benjy. Listen, again, yeah, no, I know I'm in the minority. But I've evolved.

I don't think you're in the minority. I love Benjy too. I think a lot of the casuals or new fans tend to hate Benjy a lot because of the vitriol Howard has for him at times. We as listeners are "supposed" to hate Benjy. I've always loved his antics though. His Anthony Weiner crash was his triumph.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't think you're in the minority. I love Benjy too. I think a lot of the casuals or new fans tend to hate Benjy a lot because of the vitriol Howard has for him at times. We as listeners are "supposed" to hate Benjy. I've always loved his antics though. His Anthony Weiner crash was his triumph.

haha yeah that was definitely a high point for him

I also always die of laughter when they play the comic con audio where he sat in for the screening of the Wolverine trailer and he keeps shouting out ridiculous questions.

I sure hope you guys are in the minority. Benjy is horrible.

Synopsis?

Ok. Here goes...

Howard is not to blame. He did everything he could to get Artie the help he needed. Artie is the only one to blame for being the junkie that he is and that fucked up the greatest gig he ever had. He would actually text his dealer and bookies during the show. Artie is pretty much where is career was because of Howard...stand up gigs, book deals, the directv show.

Ok. Here goes...

Howard is not to blame. He did everything he could to get Artie the help he needed. Artie is the only one to blame for being the junkie that he is and that fucked up the greatest gig he ever had. He would actually text his dealer and bookies during the show. Artie is pretty much where is career was because of Howard...stand up gigs, book deals, the directv show.

Thanks for that. Like Artie says Howard wasn't to blame for anything BUT the troublesome part is that Howard claimed to have not known anything was wrong with him or that Artie was doing drugs. Bullshit. Howard is incredibly smart and perceptive. How could he not have known. Why would he even bother trying to have us believe that?

nocode

Thanks for that. Like Artie says Howard wasn't to blame for anything BUT the troublesome part is that Howard claimed to have not known anything was wrong with him or that Artie was doing drugs. Bullshit. Howard is incredibly smart and perceptive. How could he not have known. Why would he even bother trying to have us believe that?

I think Howard turned a blind eye to how bad the problem was, but he very well could have thought that Artie was just very VERY overweight, and a heavy drinker/smoker. Artie used to freely admit eating a full pizza, and guzzling whiskey the night before the show, while showing up for work at 6am. I could believe that somebody nodding off at work was just a drunk.

It wasn't until that kid came in for some game and was going though withdrawals that Artie offered him Subutex. After the game was over, he broke down and admitted to struggling with heroin.

Camwi

I really hope they bring Artie back at least once before Howard retires. I can understand Howard being freaked out by the whole thing, but I miss that chemistry.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't understand the Sam Simon thing. It seems insane that Sam would sit there and actually create a complete, fake script just to bust Artie's balls right after he got out of rehab. Maybe he thought it would be a funny joke? Maybe in Sam's mind, he was creating Artie a gift?

Just for fun, one of the best Gilbert/show moments ever. We've all heard it a million times but it's gold, Jerry.
http://youtu.be/IzymloefZXk?t=48m50s

Tarkus

I fold the paper out on my hand in such a way as to completely cover the hand. Wipe on the one surface and drop into the toilet. Wipe fold, wipe fold, wipe fold is disgusting. Too germophobic.

nocode

What's Beetlejuice upto nowadays? He's the funniest fuckin person i've ever seen.

He was in a couple of months ago. His manager Sean died a little while back, and he had to move in with his family in Tennessee or something i think. Somewhere in the south. He comes back to the area for appearances once in a while.

Also, Sal is disgusting and today's display further supports my idea that he really is a dumb guy. Doesn't know how to spell, do math, or have any ability to learn from his mistakes. Doesn't wipe himself properly. Believes in psychics and shit like that. It all points to one thing.

Grinchy

Banned
I can't believe someone would wipe multiple times with the same piece of paper. Fucking disgusting.

I haven't hear the show yet so I don't know who this is in reference to (I assume it's Howard). But did you guys hear Robin explaining what she does? She uses more rigid wipes that can't be flushed, so she has a bin sitting next to the toilet that collects them. That's fucking gross.

She claimed that she uses toilet paper first to do most of the work and then uses the "cloth-type" ones to finish the job.

Dalek

I haven't hear the show yet so I don't know who this is in reference to (I assume it's Howard). But did you guys hear Robin explaining what she does? She uses more rigid wipes that can't be flushed, so she has a bin sitting next to the toilet that collects them. That's fucking gross.

She claimed that she uses toilet paper first to do most of the work and then uses the "cloth-type" ones to finish the job.

Sal claims he takes a giant piece of toilet paper, and folds it over multiple times, like a book-and then wipes, turns a page, wipes again, turns a page, etc

Tarkus

I disagree with Howard and Robin. The Ed Sheeran song sounds exactly like Marvin Gaye, just in a different key. That's the first thing I thought when I heard it a few weeks ago.

Does anyone think that new wackpacker Matt was oddly timed into the show when Eric the Actor died? I feel like they knew if Eric was gone they needed something to fill the void... Poof pops up this guy. And he even has a midget wife.

They are also really shoving High Pitch Eric down our throats now, which I'm actually okay with. The Joey Boots segments are actually really entertaining.

But Bobo and Marianne from Brooklyn? Ugh, fuck off

Van Owen

Banned
Does anyone think that new wackpacker Matt was oddly timed into the show when Eric the Actor died? I feel like they knew if Eric was gone they needed something to fill the void... Poof pops up this guy. And he even has a midget wife.

They are also really shoving High Pitch Eric down our throats now, which I'm actually okay with. The Joey Boots segments are actually really entertaining.

But Bobo and Marianne from Brooklyn? Ugh, fuck off

99% of everything on the show now is fake and/or calculated pre-written "bit". This shouldn't come as a surprise.

Taking bets on how long after they return that Howard starts claiming to be contacted to be the new host of The Daily Show.

No chance. Schedule would be too demanding and the crowd is entirely different.

Although I did find it interesting that a John Stewart claimed only a couple months back on the show that he was really happy with the creative freedom and pay.

Taking bets on how long after they return that Howard starts claiming to be contacted to be the new host of The Daily Show.

I heard an old show where he did that with replacing Carson. I couldn't believe he has been pulling that for so long. Its funny/sad looking back and knowing how hard Buchwald must have been trying to get him American Idol only for him to have to settle for AGT.

Van Owen

Banned
Clearly the big project he mentioned the other day was The Daily Show. He'll take over as soon as the Porkies remake is finished.

Dalek

Any on-air mention about Lisa G and the other news VO guy getting fired yet?

whoa really? I was actually just thinking yesterday about how ancillary the Howard 100 News is now. I hate the voice over guy. Lisa barely does a thing. Shuli is and has always been incredibly annoying. I miss Steve Langford and Penny Crone.

It's sad to see her go but the last funny thing I can remember from her was them secretly taping her blabbing to Sal about pointless shit.

Her LinkedIn page is updated too, she's gone.

Top Bottom