• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Kuroyume

Banned
It was a fucking stupid comment. He made it at the beginning of the show the other day and repeated it several times throughout the day. It was not just a poor comment made throughout a four hour show.

And the rant today was awful because the original point he made was fucking stupid so to see him trying to defend himself was cringe worthy. Admit you're wrong and move on. He ranted for a straight hour today continuing to dig his grave and then kept going into it several times throughout the day including the Benjiy interview and Robin's news. And he also took calls from sympathetic callers and agreed to bitch about it with them too. It was an exhausting listen and I'd urge anyone to avoid today's show.

It was a fucking stupid comment. He made it at the beginning of the show the other day and repeated it several times throughout the day. It was not just a poor comment made throughout a four hour show.

And the rant today was awful because the original point he made was fucking stupid so to see him trying to defend himself was cringe worthy. Admit you're wrong and move on. He ranted for a straight hour today continuing to dig his grave and then kept going into it several times throughout the day including the Benjiy interview and Robin's news. And he also took calls from sympathetic callers and agreed to bitch about it with them too. It was an exhausting listen and I'd urge anyone to avoid today's show.

So was Howard right, considering the 9/11 threats from the hackers released today?

Nuklear

Banned
I guess they edited out some stuff from his rant today from the on demand episode and the repeats. I saw some posts about on Reddit.

Kuroyume

Banned
So was Howard right, considering the 9/11 threats from the hackers released today?

No. Because his statement was that the original hack was akin to the 9/11 attacks. These new threats, which as PotatoeMasher mentioned came after the interview, have nothing to do with the breach itself but are rather actual physical threats.

It was a moronic comparison and he didn't need to go about attacking the breaches by saying that.

Camp Lo

Banned
Unfortunately, he will never release the archive in an uncut form....maybe something akin to the current best of or history of formats....but never whole old shows for download.

It's normal that it is coming to an end this way...all great things do. Howard was the most cutting edge entertainer, maybe ever, but without question for 20+ years. But we all get old, even the king of all media.

Yeah, I'll take best of shows without question. To be honest, he's been more miss than hit in the past 10 or so years.

appaws

Banned
Yeah, I'll take best of shows without question. To be honest, he's been more miss than hit in the past 10 or so years.

Yeah, he has. Since Artie left for sure...I understand it though, I think. A 60+ year old guy can never be cutting edge. I say this as a 40-year old guy who is facing up to the fact of my own middle-aged nature. You get to a point where you make different choices than you would have when you were 30.

I think it is great that he wants to slow down, enjoy his success, his beautiful wife and family. Who wants to work all the time when you don't have to. I even understand his desire to become a "dean" of celebrities...a beloved figure. After a career of being despised by the media and Hollywood elites...now he is in a position to enjoy a little bit of what it is to be admired.

Van Owen

Banned
His rant was actually good. It was like old Howard again. Nice to actually get him riled up about something. Howard has always been at his best when he has something to rail against.

It wasn't like old Howard at all. Before he would fight, now he just said he was embarrassed and that they kicked him in the nuts.

Nuklear

Banned
What I got from the Howard interview is that Elisa is clearly using Benji. I was skeptical about it at first but I'm definitely on board with it now.

I forwarded through Howard's rant from yesterday's show. I listened to about 5 minutes and that's all you really needed to listen to. All he does is repeat the same shit over and over for the next 55+ minutes.

I hope one day Howard does an at length interview with somebody credible someday because there were a few interesting bits sprinkled among the boring in the Benji interview.

nocode

What I got from the Howard interview is that Elisa is clearly using Benji. I was skeptical about it at first but I'm definitely on board with it now.

I forwarded through Howard's rant from yesterday's show. I listened to about 5 minutes and that's all you really needed to listen to. All he does is repeat the same shit over and over for the next 55+ minutes.

I hope one day Howard does an at length interview with somebody credible someday because there were a few interesting bits sprinkled among the boring in the Benji interview.

This 60 minutes one from right before he moved to Sirius was pretty credible. I'm sure you guys will have a field day with his "broken promises" but it has a bunch of interesting parts for sure.

Nuklear

Banned
It's only going to be a matter of time before he starts that up. "I'm so busy I don't even have time to go to the bathroom!"

What is even more funny is he said both him and Robin were there anyway at their regular time and had to wait to start the show. /facepalm

Enzom21

I haven't listened to the show since April and I have a question. I follow the show on Instagram, there seems to be a lot of guests lately, is that what the show has become?

RangersFan

Bradley Cooper interview was pretty good today.

I thought the show was actually entertaining this week so far. Cooper is a great guest, thought it was also great how him wanting to do a prank call pulled the curtain a bit on how prank calls work (how they have to tell them they're on the radio). But overall one of the few guests that are genuinely entertaining to listen being interviewed.

Did they talk about Gilbert being on Celebrity Apprentice at all? I know he is too offensive to Howard to actually have on the show but I am just curious if it was even brought up.

Dead

well not really...yet
listening to an old clip of Howard tearing the shit out of glen beck.

Theres few things better on the show than when he is just fucking goes ham on someone.

nocode

I thought the show was actually entertaining this week so far. Cooper is a great guest, thought it was also great how him wanting to do a prank call pulled the curtain a bit on how prank calls work (how they have to tell them they're on the radio). But overall one of the few guests that are genuinely entertaining to listen being interviewed.

Of course they have to tell them if they are live on the air. They also have to get a release to play any phone calls after the fact. They've talked about this tons of time before, how they usually call them right back clapping and cheering congratulating the people as though they've won something to try and get them to sign the release. You can't just call someone up and put them live on the radio without telling them they're on the air.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah in the old days, when Howard did things on the show, he'd randomly call people up and the absolute first thing he'd tell them before they could even speak was something like, "You're on the air by the way."

Grinchy

Banned
I feel worse for Roger. There don't seem to be many good things happening to him and then out of nowhere he got a relatively successful show.

Dead

well not really...yet
Of course they have to tell them if they are live on the air. They also have to get a release to play any phone calls after the fact. They've talked about this tons of time before, how they usually call them right back clapping and cheering congratulating the people as though they've won something to try and get them to sign the release. You can't just call someone up and put them live on the radio without telling them they're on the air.
Isn't this why they went ham on tradio? Since it was a radio show and they were callers they didn't need releases?

nocode

Isn't this why they went ham on tradio? Since it was a radio show and they were callers they didn't need releases?

Yep, those shows are already broadcasting, and they are asking people to call in. You can't ask people to call, provide the number, and then change your mind b/c the people that call in don't say the things you want them to.

My favorite was when they called Morris.

Richard: Morris you got shit on your lips.

Morris: I was just eating peanuts.

Richard: *laughing* You can't go on tv with shit on your lips!

Camwi

I gotta say, if I didn't need hours of stuff to listen to at work everyday, I think I'd be done with the Stern show. In between some great interviews, the show has gotten so friggin' boring.

What's worse is Howard doesn't seem to give a shit about his listeners when it comes to some of these regular shitty callers. He runs a contest for "Worst Caller," and then what does he do? Picks up calls from those shitty callers every fucking day. That's so obnoxious.

Grinchy

Banned
I am on the 1/6 show right now and at one point Howard says something like, "Do you mind if I do a kitten update?" I groaned so hard. Luckily it was pretty short but he even said he knows there are people who can't stand it. I have to assume that the vast majority of the audience hates when he brings up NSAL or kittens in any way. And I'm a guy who likes cats.

Tarkus

Yeah, Howard should have asked about Chris Martin or Brad Pitt's penis and Paltrow's orgasms. #howardisneutered #RavinAlexiswastheLastRealInterview

Camwi

I am on the 1/6 show right now and at one point Howard says something like, "Do you mind if I do a kitten update?" I groaned so hard. Luckily it was pretty short but he even said he knows there are people who can't stand it. I have to assume that the vast majority of the audience hates when he brings up NSAL or kittens in any way. And I'm a guy who likes cats.

That time he had Beth bring kittens in was amazing, but amazing in a bad way. He's the greatest genius of all time when it comes to radio, and yet he had an hour long segment involving something completely and totally visual.

Dalek

To me the clearest sign of how bad the show has been lately is the incessant focus on Benjy. I mean, for Christ sakes-No one cares. No one.

I wasn't a fan of Artie, but at least his stories were interesting to listen to and the drama made the show fun to listen to. I just want Benjy to disappear forever.

To me the clearest sign of how bad the show has been lately is the incessant focus on Benjy. I mean, for Christ sakes-No one cares. No one.

I wasn't a fan of Artie, but at least his stories were interesting to listen to and the drama made the show fun to listen to. I just want Benjy to disappear forever.

Benjy is an awesome example of non-wrestling X-Pac heat.

Camwi

You've got to at least admit that the finger up the ass thing was pretty awesome.

Booshka

You've got to at least admit that the finger up the ass thing was pretty awesome.

about a weeks worth of content, and 5-10 mins for call back purposes at most.

Benjy can stick to writing, I don't need to hear about his life or have show content made from it.

Top Bottom