• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Grinchy

Banned
I guess it actually makes sense that Howard is keeping quiet every time people leave the show. If he had a goodbye segment for everyone who was kicked out, it would get very obvious very quickly how many people were gone. They're dropping like flies.

Tarkus

I'm not sure how Sour Shoes is in the wack pack but Yucko isn't. He's clearly of at least average intelligence and looks like a normal guy.

I just wanna let everybody know the Rockingham County circle jerk tonight has been postponed because of the snow. I'm pivot man John Hein.

Van Owen

Banned
Damn, Artie was just on Joe Rogan's podcast and looked totally out of it and wasn't engaged at all. Most people do 2-3 hours but Artie ran out of there after like an hour.

Super sad to still see him like this.

RangersFan

He was really down on his own podcast last week. Talking about how bad he fucked up with drugs and the Stern show and begging people to sign up for his podcast. Was difficult to listen to. Really sad to see him falling apart like this. He's definitely been off the wagon it seems. Looked like he was doing well for a while during his book tour promotion and Comedy Central special.

According to dawgs, Elisa is now 'around'. Meh. I'm not sure I listened to any eps when she would've been a writer anyway.

On Reddit someone linked to a shit podcast where Elisa, in trying to explain that Benjy had been upset about her spending his money, tiptoed around the subject (seemed legitimately nervous about mentioning details, as if she'd signed an agreement or something) but said she had had a job for the past two years and recently that changed.

On Reddit someone linked to a shit podcast where Elisa, in trying to explain that Benjy had been upset about her spending his money, tiptoed around the subject (seemed legitimately nervous about mentioning details, as if she'd signed an agreement or something) but said she had had a job for the past two years and recently that changed.

Wait what's the context around this?

Also listening to Eric the Actor on Sternthology bitching about being the king of the Wack Pack. I miss that guy. He was legitimatley one of the best parts of the show. :(

statham

can't believe hes gone, the bunny ranch, pepsi, driving around on a mini suv on TMZ, werewolves, it was too sudden. RIP lil dude.

And that Amazon wish list. And the Gonzo Shitcock saga. Man I miss Gonzo.

No one fills the void... Hanzi has his moments. Bigfoot with a tranny is funny but feels so fake. The High Pitch podcast has been great recently though.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
RIP simon..he was always good radio whenever he came on. fuck cancer...he was on the wrap up show recently too.

read this on the sternfannetwork
I followed him on twitter, and he was really fighting till the end. He was having gallons of bile and fluid drained from him weekly, and had pretty much a full hospital set up in his home. He made it years longer then they expected. RIP

heartbreaking but he's free from this pain now

RangersFan

I bet Ralph is taking it hard because of the influence Sam had on him. Even the voice and Ralph's laugh are just like Sam's.

Ralph sadly lost his biggest benefactor. I wonder who will mooch off of now when he's in LA.

RIP simon..he was always good radio whenever he came on. fuck cancer...he was on the wrap up show recently too.

read this on the sternfannetwork

heartbreaking but he's free from this pain now

He was on WUS two weeks ago. It's sad he went so soon afterwards. Though it was clear he was a huge Howie supporter till the end as he towed the company line on WUS, shoveling the same BS that the show is better now than ever and that all us criticizing the current state of the show are a bunch of losers. That I did not appreciate him doing.

And yeah, apparently besides spending his fortune on animals, he was fortunate enough to prolong his life for 2 years which is amazing. When he was first diagnosed it had already spread to his brain and all around his body and he was only given 3-6 months to live.

Camwi

I'm not sure how Sour Shoes is in the wack pack but Yucko isn't. He's clearly of at least average intelligence and looks like a normal guy.

Sour Shoes seems to be relatively intelligent, but lives with his parents due to being partially insane. Definitely a wackpacker. Yucko is just a comedian.

Damn, Artie was just on Joe Rogan's podcast and looked totally out of it and wasn't engaged at all. Most people do 2-3 hours but Artie ran out of there after like an hour.

Super sad to still see him like this.

I can't help but think that he's back on heroin again. He seemed really fucking out of it.

Van Owen

Banned
I'm glad Howard didn't make Sam's death all about himself and let us know Sam was at his happiest being on The Howard Stern Show.

Jag

Anyone catch the Madonna interview? In terms of influential pop icons Howard has interviewed, I would put her up with Paul McCartney and Billy Joel even though she's not a favorite of mine.

Pretty amazing it took so long for her to go on the show. She said it was because he was mean to her. Howard's response was that he was basically a dick to everyone because he's insecure.

An interesting interview, but she was definitely a bit stand-offish to Howard so he didn't have that connection that usually makes his interviews so good.

Sternthology today had me thinking. They were replaying when JD had beef with Jared over his good looks. You had Steve Langford, Steve Brandano Jason Kaplan, Robin, Fred, Artie, Howard, Gary, JD and Jared all in the room shooting the shit having an honest convo with the staff. Can't remember the last time the show went beyond Robin, Fred, Hiward, Gary and Benji.

Van Owen

Banned
I can't imagine listening to an hour and half of Howard kissing Madonna's ass without falling asleep. Did he bring up the the massive shit talking he did in his book about her, or is he too much of a pussy now?

It's also a testament to how far Howard has fallen that he moved his entire show to the afternoon to fit Madonna's schedule when she isn't even relevant anymore.

I just read Hanzi said that he is "a wackpacker in the worst era of the show" when he was on the phone today lol. At least one of the callers is honest, even though he's deranged.

nocode

I can't imagine listening to an hour and half of Howard kissing Madonna's ass without falling asleep. Did he bring up the the massive shit talking he did in his book about her, or is he too much of a pussy now?

It's also a testament to how far Howard has fallen that he moved his entire show to the afternoon to fit Madonna's schedule when she isn't even relevant anymore.

I just read Hanzi said that he is "a wackpacker in the worst era of the show" when he was on the phone today lol. At least one of the callers is honest, even though he's deranged.

He did bring it up, basically saying that he was at war with everyone back then. Robin also insinuated that Madonna doesn't actually raise her kids. Howard brought it up during the interview, and Robin made it into "a busy successful woman like yourself can't possibly raise kids".

The interview was good, but I wasn't very interested in hearing Madonna. Didn't help that they repeated it over and over all Thursday - Sunday.

Van Owen

Banned
I can't even skim the show recaps without cringing.

Why does Howard act like a tough guy in regards to pranks? Like he is going to kick someone's ass? Some homeless guy spit on Beth and Howard ran into his car to hide.

As John Hein would say "and that's the magic of Howard."

RELAYER

Banned

Why does Howard act like a tough guy in regards to pranks? Like he is going to kick someone's ass? Some homeless guy spit on Beth and Howard ran into his car to hide.

He is a tough guy.
You should hear him talk about the shit he did in Vietnam.

Dalek

You don't prank!

I PRANK!!!!

nocode

That Sour Shoes call to Mike Francessa this morning was the best thing I've heard in a real long time. Francessa is such a pompous Yankee loving asshole. It made my day to hear Sour call up in his Gary voice, keep clearing his throat and say "noine" over and over again while Francessa sat there drinking his diet Coke listening to him go on about Scott Salem the pitcher that could throw lefty and righty.

That Sour Shoes call to Mike Francessa this morning was the best thing I've heard in a real long time. Francessa is such a pompous Yankee loving asshole. It made my day to hear Sour call up in his Gary voice, keep clearing his throat and say "noine" over and over again while Francessa sat there drinking his diet Coke listening to him go on about Scott Salem the pitcher that could throw lefty and righty.

I'm listening to the show through Sonos. The quality of the show sounds great, like on vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eR3XG7rtDDI

Top Bottom