• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Grinchy

Banned
I'm always behind on the shows. I just got to the one where Medicated Pete has to "admit" to getting aids from having sex with a male monkey. It was so fucking dumb, but also hilarious.

Dalek

Man, John Goodman is the greatest-I love that guy. Every interview he does I wish he was someone I knew in real life. Just amazing in every way.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anybody have a link to the origin (or know the date) of the premier of "This is Beetle"? I want to listen to Richarrrd explain it again.

NYR

According to Reddit, the following people are going to be on the show soon but take it for what it's worth:

Jon Cryer
Geraldo Rivera
Olivia Wilde
Coldplay

Dalek

According to Reddit, the following people are going to be on the show soon but take it for what it's worth:

Jon Cryer
Geraldo Rivera
Olivia Wilde
Coldplay

"Jon as a boy, didn't you want to become an actor so you could get your father's attention."

Tarkus

I'm always behind on the shows. I just got to the one where Medicated Pete has to "admit" to getting aids from having sex with a male monkey. It was so fucking dumb, but also hilarious.

"Jon as a boy, didn't you want to become an actor so you could get your father's attention."
"Jon, do you still masturbate? Is the sex life still good? My penis is tiny."

Grinchy

Banned
^lol, gotta love Robin singing

I just got to the Special Peoples' Court episode and it was hilarious. The show has actually started being funny again.

NYR

Howard gets pissed at Fred since all he has to do is load the ad and thinks if he fucks up that one thing, he is a total fuck up.

Grinchy

Banned
😮😮Fred and Howard getting snippy with each other during love commercial

Yep, I've noticed how much they actually hate each other for years now. It's really obvious when you hear them interact with each other.

IMO Howard resents Fred because Fred doesn't grovel at Howard's feet. Howard thinks that anyone he employs should treat him like a literal king.

NYR

Yep, I've noticed how much they actually hate each other for years now. It's really obvious when you hear them interact with each other.

IMO Howard resents Fred because Fred doesn't grovel at Howard's feet. Howard thinks that anyone he employs should treat him like a literal king.

BOOM. Spot on. Howard thinks Fred would be nothing without him, and Fred just does his job and rides the roller coaster over the years. Nothing wrong with Fred's attitude, a lot of problems with Howard's, he has always been a narassist.

He may not have had the chops to be the front man, but Fred is a talented dude.

Two fingers in paradise is still one of the funniest bits I've ever heard (wonder if it was him or jacky that wrote it)

Lothar

Banned
If you want to laugh for about a hour, listen to this Gilbert Gottfried appearance of Gilbert and Artie making fun of Stuttering John for a hour. From Jan 14, 2004.

I don't think I've ever heard the group laugh that hard for that long.

About 19 minutes is about when the ripping into John starts for some of the things he was saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VbsNJnBsus

Dalek

He may not have had the chops to be the front man, but Fred is a talented dude.

Two fingers in paradise is still one of the funniest bits I've ever heard (wonder if it was him or jacky that wrote it)

My favorite Fred moment of all time is when he kept playing the Ack Ack sound on Eric the Actor-and Eric screamed "FRED IF YOU PUSH THAT BUTTON ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO FLY OUT THERE AND KILL YOU!"

Fred immediately hit "Ack Ack" and said "I'll meet you at JFK."

My favorite Fred moment of all time is when he kept playing the Ack Ack sound on Eric the Actor-and Eric screamed "FRED IF YOU PUSH THAT BUTTON ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO FLY OUT THERE AND KILL YOU!"

Fred immediately hit "Ack Ack" and said "I'll meet you at JFK."

Yeah thats a great one too, dude is quick. Now that it's all digital it doesn't sound as impressive but damn does his sound rops add to the humour. There was a certain charm to the old days where you could hear the tapes rattling around as he changed them fast.

Tarkus

I wonder how many of those 30 million subscribers actually listen to Stern. You know, since he's taking all the credit for it.

Dalek

I wonder how many of those 30 million subscribers actually listen to Stern. You know, since he's taking all the credit for it.

Well those are 30 million subscriptions-and most likely there are two people in the car. And if they have the window rolled down and drive past someone-that's at least 3 people on each subscription, so there are 90 million people listening to the show at this moment.

Grinchy

Banned
Well those are 30 million subscriptions-and most likely there are two people in the car. And if they have the window rolled down and drive past someone-that's at least 3 people on each subscription, so there are 90 million people listening to the show at this moment.

I can't even imagine what the numbers are going to look like when Howard figures out these SIM cards.

SiriusXM is fucked once cars drive themselves and people will just put a TV in their car. SiriusXM is an awful company that really has no growth strategy. I would be surprised to see how many of those users are actually paying customers and not free trial, car based sets. Luckily for Howard they will last for the remainder of the 5 year contract.

Does anyone know if you have the Sirius app if you can download the show for offline listening - like a podcast? If so, I might have to consider getting a sub again.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sick of Howard giving Trump a free pass all to time. He's talked shit about Cruz, Bernie, Clinton but not a word about trump and actually defends the guy most of the time.

I know he's been in the show but come on lol

Other than that the show has been great in 2016, except for the forced laughter during the return of the Ronnie bot.

gamz

SiriusXM is fucked once cars drive themselves and people will just put a TV in their car. SiriusXM is an awful company that really has no growth strategy. I would be surprised to see how many of those users are actually paying customers and not free trial, car based sets. Luckily for Howard they will last for the remainder of the 5 year contract.

Then radio shows will stick a camera in the studio. People won't give up listening to intersting conversations. People listen to podcast now and there's TVS everywhere. How are they fucked?

gamz

BOOM. Spot on. Howard thinks Fred would be nothing without him, and Fred just does his job and rides the roller coaster over the years. Nothing wrong with Fred's attitude, a lot of problems with Howard's, he has always been a narassist.

He's also extremely loyal.

Top Bottom