• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

aparisi2274

That Emma The Amish model that was on today, she was pretty cute...

RS-05-11-10---emma-the-amish-model---studio.jpg

RS-05-11-10---emma-the-amish-model---full-body.jpg

I let out a laugh on the way to work today when they started talking about Rumspringa, because of the scene in the movie 'Sex Drive' where they are chillin with the amish during this event and there is the drunk amish chick who keeps shouting that out.

RUMMMSPRINNGAHHHH!!

aparisi2274

Maklershed said:
Wow, she's Amish? I live in a very Amish area and I've never seen an Amish/Mennonite girl like that before.

She WAS Amish... they have since shunned her from the community, and so now she does this...

I love how Howard rails about Diet Coke and then reads a Budweiser and Heineken ad.

Also, wheeeeeeeeee! to the fact that he mentioned Carolina Chocolate Drops :D (although Fred seemed to be dissing them pretty bad)

gdt

Howard needs to make a decision like, now.

His staff needs to find jobs if he's not coming back.

Gary pressed him on it a few weeks ago, and he sounded pretty peeved over it.

Maklershed said:
I love how Howard rails about Diet Coke and then reads a Budweiser and Heineken ad.

Also, wheeeeeeeeee! to the fact that he mentioned Carolina Chocolate Drops :D (although Fred seemed to be dissing them pretty bad)
At least beer is more natural than diet soda.

I was literally out of breath from laughter when Fred and Howard were doing their impressions of Ridley Scott praising Russel Crowe. Good stuff. "He listens to what I say and then processes the thought in his brain and then responds!"

Also, that Amish girl, although sounding insanely dumb and as Sam Simon points out, a lot like Wendy, sounded really hot too. Something about that drugged up, quasi-British accent had me hot and bothered.

gdt

nolookjones said:
howards LA vacation stories are such a major snoozefest....i really miss artie on the show...he always had such awesome stories...

?

I thought that was totally awesome. I love Howard out on the town.

R2D4 said:
The only snoozefest happening is when they talk about Beth's stupid book. Which is everyday.

ya and american idol, etc, etc...the show has become basically 'entertainment tonight' since artie left...

R2D4 said:
The only snoozefest happening is when they talk about Beth's stupid book. Which is everyday.
Yup total snoozefest. The problem with all the Beth stuff is that she is just so... un-Howard. She's sweet and nice and wholeseome, basically the opposite of everything the show stands for, so why Howard thinks it's in any way appropriate for the show to talk about her fucking dog book for hours on end is beyond me. While it's hard to argue with the show's success I think Howard confuses (or just doesn't care about) the often gaping chasm between what he personally finds interesting and what is interesting for his audience. While I enjoy listen to him discuss his various middle-aged, middle of the road interests like Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor, there are large portions of his audience who are bored to death by that stuff. They often call in to say so, and Howard of course always tells them to fuck off.

nocode

Howard has ALWAYS talked about that shit. He used to go on and on about sex and the city, Melrose Place, 90210, etc. He's always been this way, and people always say is used to be better (better with Billy, better with Jackie, better with Artie). In reality, the show on Sirius is the best it's ever been.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
nocode said:
Howard has ALWAYS talked about that shit. He used to go on and on about sex and the city, Melrose Place, 90210, etc. He's always been this way, and people always say is used to be better (better with Billy, better with Jackie, better with Artie). In reality, the show on Sirius is the best it's ever been.
Yeah, goes back to 1991 when he'd go on and on about Love Connection episodes. :lol

AVclub

I was enjoying his rant about being in California today. It's hysterical when he starts his self-effacing shtick about how ugly he is and how uncomfortable he is in the world around him.

nocode said:

ok well the problem isnt that he talks about this shit its just there is no one there to change the subject and these stupid rants just go on forever...

i only started listening to him when he 1st went to satellite so im not that long time of a listener...jackie is extremely annoying and i have no idea who billy is...

Billy West aka almost every voice in Futurama and Ren and Stimpy and he also does the voice of the Honey Combs honey bee. He used to do a lot of impressions on the show and he worked the various puppets.

gdt

Jackie is the greatest man on the planet.

He's totally insane, a douchbag, egotistical, paranoid, delusional, among other things.

When Howard rags on Jackie is like the best part of my day.

nocode

nolookjones said:
ok well the problem isnt that he talks about this shit its just no there is no one there to change the subject and these stupid rants just go on forever...

i only started listening to him when he 1st went to satellite so im not that long time of a listener...jackie is extremely annoying and i have no idea who billy is...

Before Artie, nobody really spoke up the way he did. Robin was the only one Howard ever really had banter with on these rants. Sometimes he would direct it towards Fred or Jackie, rarely Billy, for their opinions. Mostly they just added things, but never changing the direction of the show. Jackie wrote jokes, Fred played sound effects, and Billy did impressions.

Krujo

Banned
I like Beth O. She understands that the only reason she has any kind of fame is because of Howard. On the Jimmy show she pretty much said let's talk about Howard because that's what people want to hear.

I hate bobo or bubu or whatever his name is, every time he picks up his call is the same thing. "hey Howard, Howard TV is greatest thing ever or some dumb question. I can't stand that guy but show is still great.

R2D4

Banned
Krujo said:
I hate bobo or bubu or whatever his name is, every time he picks up his call is the same thing. "hey Howard, Howard TV is greatest thing ever or some dumb question. I can't stand that guy but show is still great.

I'm starting to wonder if the callers they let on the air are set up just to move the discussion to something Howard wants to talk about. Half the calls are about what's on Howard TV or how great it is or how great Beth looked on TV or how great Beth's book is.

Van Owen

Banned
R2D4 said:
I'm starting to wonder if the callers they let on the air are set up just to move the discussion to something Howard wants to talk about. Half the calls are about what's on Howard TV or how great it is or how great Beth looked on TV or how great Beth's book is.

The majority of calls are plants. Why do you think they've had people win like 5 7/11 games? They only let through callers they know will praise Howard and/or Howard TV. :lol

nocode

Van Owen said:
The majority of calls are plants. Why do you think they've had people win like 5 7/11 games? They only let through callers they know will praise Howard and/or Howard TV. :lol

The same callers get through because they know the office lines and don't have to call the 800 number. They call that number, get right through, and know what they have to say to get on the air. I used to have Gary, K.C., and Stuttering John's numbers, but that was when they were at KROCK. Got them from a friend who's cousin interned for them.

I'm listening to 5/17. This is the most boring show ever. Two hours in and the only thing to punctuate this insanely boring LA talk is a boring interview with the very boring Ashton Kucher.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Maklershed said:
I'm listening to 5/17. This is the most boring show ever. Two hours in and the only thing to punctuate this insanely boring LA talk is a boring interview with the very boring Ashton Kucher.
Wait till you get to today's show, 5/20. It was the first "real" LA discussion (what I was hoping I'd hear when he first got back) where it wasn't just Jimmy, Kutcher, and everyone else licking Howard's ass. Stamos called in and cleared shit up. :D

ZeoVGM

Banned
Maklershed said:

I listened to most of that show and it pretty much drowned into the background. Whenever I turn it on now it just seems like he's phoning it in.

Van Owen

Banned
nocode said:
The same callers get through because they know the office lines and don't have to call the 800 number. They call that number, get right through, and know what they have to say to get on the air. I used to have Gary, K.C., and Stuttering John's numbers, but that was when they were at KROCK. Got them from a friend who's cousin interned for them.

Meanwhile Bobo was just exposed as a pre-produced caller and HowardTV shill. I hate how Howard acts like these calls are spontaneous and real. :lol

nocode

Van Owen said:
Meanwhile Bobo was just exposed as a pre-produced caller and HowardTV shill. I hate how Howard acts like these calls are spontaneous and real. :lol

He picks up on BoBo every other day and you still thought it was a coincidence?

Van Owen

Banned
nocode said:
He picks up on BoBo every other day and you still thought it was a coincidence?

No, just Howard TV calling Bobo today cemented it. :lol

Howard really has lost his balls. Robin walked out on the show today, Howard goes to break, and then comes back without even acknowledging it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Man i've been listening to the show for almost 20 years and one thing hasn't changed.. All stern fans do is bitch. Back in '94 you would hear people calling up "billy is taking over the show with too much Jackie puppet" "Stop bringing Gilbert in" "Robin laughs too much"

The last 2 months with the exception of the horrible tilla tequila show have been amazing.

My only problem with the show at the moment is the lack of Artie news which is understandable.

PS Little Lupe drops are hilarious :lol :lol

Doc Holliday said:
Man i've been listening to the show for almost 20 years and one thing hasn't changed.. All stern fans do is bitch. Back in '94 you would hear people calling up "billy is taking over the show with too much Jackie puppet" "Stop bringing Gilbert in" "Robin laughs too much"

The last 2 months with the exception of the horrible tilla tequila show have been amazing.

My only problem with the show at the moment is the lack of Artie news which is understandable.

There really isn't any news on Artie other than what is in the new Penthouse article.

gdt

Gary Whitta said:
What happened with Robin? I haven't listened for the past couple of days.

She walked off the show temporarily.

She's been getting ragged on for a couple of days now, specifically in regards to her charity work. Some of the staff feel it's wrong for her to ask for their help in putting it together, seeing as they could never say no. Also, there was some stuff about the ticket prices to her event, plus the way she's been bringing it up alot recently, seemingly trying to better her image. I know I'm missing some stuff...

Some of that rings true, I think.

Aw, sounds like I missed a good one. I'd listen on my iPhone if the Sirius app didn't exclude the Stern channels for bullshit reasons.

Gary Whitta said:
Aw, sounds like I missed a good one. I'd listen on my iPhone if the Sirius app didn't exclude the Stern channels for bullshit reasons.

Pocket Tunes Radio. The app is available for $4.99. I use this instead of the SiriusXM app for 100/101.

Link

nocode

Doc Holliday said:

I agree with everything this guy right here says. I pointed it out earlier too, but nobody listens. People bitch at all times about this show. Every "era" has had the same complaints.

Leunam

I caught the replay yesterday and I heard a spectacular drop that I've never heard before. Fred timed it perfectly between something Robin was saying, but out of nowhere came this "I NEED A COCK" Robin drop. Been a while since I laughed so hard at a drop.

Top Bottom