• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Van Owen said:
Yeah, Robin said she hated it and Howard thought it was pretty good. Both agreed the ending wasn't great...

:lol
I remember hearing Robin said she hated it when it came out in theaters, which frankly I took as a good thing as her taste is absolutely abominable :lol

gdt

Yeah, Howard liked it, and Robin..didn't? I don't remember. Robin is getting pretty nonsensical when it comes to movies. Her Salt beef is ridiculous.

(Haven't seen the movie, but reaaaaally)

Van Owen

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
I remember hearing Robin said she hated it when it came out in theaters, which frankly I took as a good thing as her taste is absolutely abominable :lol
Well, I wouldn't go to either of them for movie (and especially TV) reviews. :lol

gdt

So, they're on vacation again this week (yes, yes, 3 weeks after a two week vacation) and it's Gay Week. Should be good.

I'm expecting they'll play Fred's Bachelor Party again, that was so dope.

theJwac

Do you guys know of any way to listen to the show on my android device? My receiver broke and I don't want to shell out the money for a new one.

nocode

theJwac said:
Do you guys know of any way to listen to the show on my android device? My receiver broke and I don't want to shell out the money for a new one.

Well, you can check out Xiialive which is an internet radio player. It has Howard 101 anyway.

Edit: Apparently there's a Howard 100 channel now.

womp

nocode said:
Well, you can check out Xiialive which is an internet radio player. It has Howard 101 anyway.

Edit: Apparently there's a Howard 100 channel now.

Yup, and doing a search for piratestation will play Stern live Mon-Thurs on Xiialive.

I'm currently listening to a show from 11/11/87. I'm loving this .. all the old references .. the Alan Thicke talk show, Hollywood Squares and Jim J Bullock, Arsenio Hall, Howard being in awe of the fact that Sam Kinnison has a car phone, etc.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Yeah, I've got every Stern from the last decade and a lot from the 90s and previous. It's fun listening to old shows because they will talk about minor pop culture things that you likely have forgotten about.

Also, the humor still is relevant.

nocode

I would have thought that George would have outstayed his welcome by now, but he's great every time he comes in. I love how honest and up front he is with Howard's questions.

Gary Whitta said:
I must say I am really looking forward to this episode of FRINGE starring Eric the Midget.

Wow no wonder Stern and Smith don't get on if Smith is pirating Stern's subscription show on his website!

I know, but I'm sure it's his webmaster or something as it is hidden in the webpage

gdt

Gary Whitta said:
I must say I am really looking forward to this episode of FRINGE starring Eric the Midget.

Wow no wonder Stern and Smith don't get on if Smith is pirating Stern's subscription show on his website!

You should TOTALLY have a (super) small part for Eric in whatever you do next.

The douchier Eric gets, the better. He's such an asshole, and I love him for it :lol .

I'm just starting the episode the day after the "Jackie's Turn" show. I hope there's lots of Jackie bagging. So much so that they play some clips from The Wicked. I never get tired of that.

So uh .. Jokeman .. is it? I'm assumed you've been briefed.

They were really laying into Jackie this week after he spewed a lot of bullshit about the circumstances around his leaving the show, and how it's the best decision he ever made.

LiK

WTF, HOW COME I NEVER SAW THIS THREAD???

Howard Stern rules! I love when he reads me emails on the air. Too bad he never says the name of the writers :(

ToxicAdam

DJ_Tet said:
Yeah, I've got every Stern from the last decade and a lot from the 90s and previous. It's fun listening to old shows because they will talk about minor pop culture things that you likely have forgotten about.

Also, the humor still is relevant.

Ever call in, Tet? I got through during a Kevin Bacon interview and bagged on Howard for saying his movie was worthy of an Oscar nomination.

Ahh the old days .. back when a regular joe could call in and get on the air.

LiK said:
WTF, HOW COME I NEVER SAW THIS THREAD???

Howard Stern rules! I love when he reads me emails on the air. Too bad he never says the name of the writers :(
What are some subjects of emails you had read on the air? I wanna see if I remember them.

ToxicAdam said:
Ever call in, Tet? I got through during a Kevin Bacon interview and bagged on Howard for saying his movie was worthy of an Oscar nomination.

Yeah he does pick up a lot on a core group .. Bobo, Eric from Hoboken, Mary Ann, Mark/Brian from PA, Mike from Connecticut, King of All Blacks, and my new most hated --> Wheels. I can't stand his calls anymore. He's always feigning anger about something.

LiK

Maklershed said:
What are some subjects of emails you had read on the air? I wanna see if I remember them.

pretty old. one was about a possible rerelease for his Private Parts DVD, another one was i liked Shuli's "shalom bitch" sign off and i also wrote plenty of hate mails for Eric the Midget with one where i put "die die die die die die die" Howard read the whole thing. ETM cursed me out for it. :lol

DJ_Tet

Banned
ToxicAdam said:

No, actually I grew up in an area that Stern was never able to penetrate. I was a huge fan of his nonetheless through reputation and Letterman appearances.

Here is exactly how little Howard Stern that Charlotte NC was exposed to:

1. Aforementioned Letterman appearances.

2. New Years Eve Pay Per View Special (more than one?)

3. His Weekly tv show from the late 80's early 90s (after the Channel 9 show but before the national CBS show) was on locally for about three weeks. It was the happiest three weeks of my life. On that third week, Kenneth Keith Callanbach came on and tried to blow smoke out of his eyeball and promptly threw up. Although it was blurred out, it was the most hilarious moment of TV I had ever seen at the time. I almost threw up laughing, I couldn't wait to see what Howard would do next. The next week the show didn't air, no mention during the timeslot or anything. It never came back :(

4. Howard finally got on local radio in the mid 90's for a few years, about five I think. I only lived in Charlotte for three of them but I rarely missed a show. High point of my life was getting to listen to Howard live, I love that era. However, that's also the era that Jackie quit (for like a year or something.) So there were some lean moments in there. Still loved it though.

5. I assume Charlotte aired the CBS national show but I wasn't living here at that time. Charlotte also aired the E broadcasts obviously. But for a larger city, powers that be did a good job of limiting exposure to Howard. Of course, this was a different era without internet, it's much harder to achieve something like that now. I'd love to hear some older 80's broadcasts but I haven't been able to find a lot from that decade.

edit: I have called some other local radio shows though. Most notably was a time in the mid 90's when a local guy named John Hancock was doing afternoons. I recorded him being a blowhard on tape (he loved to pontificate, sometimes funny but usually inane.) I called him and waited patiently on hold for what seemed like ever, and then made him talk to himself :lol He listened to the first point and tried to respond and then stepped over himself and got really confused, until he figured it out. He paused a moment and said 'A mind is a terrible thing to waste :lol '

He's right! For some reason I didn't have sense enough to record the second call! I think I only had one tape player lol

nocode

LiK said:
pretty old. one was about a possible rerelease for his Private Parts DVD, another one was i liked Shuli's "shalom bitch" sign off and i also wrote plenty of hate mails for Eric the Midget with one where i put "die die die die die die die" Howard read the whole thing. ETM cursed me out for it. :lol

I remember the first two no doubt.

I used to have the old office numbers at the old station. Got through a bunch of times, but they always told me to call the 800 number b/c I was usually drunk and had nothing good to say. I remember once calling in and yelling at an intern about how terrible A.J. Benzer was after a looooong night, only to have the intern laugh at me and hang up. I deserved it though :lol :lol

Howard put a picture of Beth's ass on the website today.

zMg1f.jpg

Lily sounds so damn sexy. I look forward to her calls to the wrap up show.

Unrelated: Is anyone else really suprised Robin hasn't adopted any kids yet?

Are the rumors true that they're on vacation again?

Did anyone check out that fast food show? Other than the thought of hearing Jason eating, it sounds pretty entertaining.

Gah what a bummer. I'm prepared this time though. I have a bunch of episodes from the late 80s and early 90s now and a bunch of 'abuse compilations'. The first file in the Gary Abuse folder is labeled "Don't Call Me Bababooey" and its from 1992. I can't wait to hear it. :D

ive pretty much stopped listening to the show live every day so no big deal...though ill still listen to a good show like the one last week with 'Joe Pesci' sitting in...insta-classic - stern desperately needs to do more stuff like this...

From TMZ:

We're told Schimmel's 19-year-old daughter was driving at the time and Schimmel was in the passenger seat. Sources tell us the daughter swerved to avoid an accident in her lane and the car rolled over on to the side of the freeway.

Schimmel's daughter was hospitalized and is in stable condition and expected to make a full recovery. His 11-year-old son was also in the car -- he was released without injuries the same day.

As for Schimmel, we're told he is still in the hospital and in "very serious" condition and his family is at his bedside.

Schimmel is perhaps best known for his work on "The Howard Stern Show."

Jon Hein fancies himself a movie geek but every time he does movie trivia on his Twitter he seems to get something wrong. My favorites recently include his reference to the "USS Enterprise" speech from Jaws and today's correcting of someone who misquoted a line from WarGames then misquoting a line from it himself. I'm kinda enjoying setting him straight :)

Oh I am particularly enjoying his movie puzzler today where he gives you the name of a Matthew Broderick movie character and you have to guess the name of the movie. First character up: Ferris Bueller :lol

dem

Howards take on Footloose today was spot on and hilarious.
Shame he is already rich and lazy and nothing will come of it.. but "Footless" was hilarious :lol

nocode

dem said:
Howards take on Footloose today was spot on and hilarious.
Shame he is already rich and lazy and nothing will come of it.. but "Footless" was hilarious :lol

Haha, heard that while getting ready for work this morning. I had to wake up my girlfriend to listen to it. So great.

Top Bottom