• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

nocode

danootz said:
There was a clip that was played during the break before Robin's News.
It sounded like howard and robin were being attacked by someone and there was a back and forth about how one or the other would be hearing from their lawyer and Robin was just shocked at what was happening.

What was going on there? When did it happen?
I thought it might have been a clip from one of the Vegas shows they did.

Any ideas?

It was backstage at either the Emmys or the Grammys. Howard was on a megaphone harassing celebrities for not coming over to talk to them, and a publicist came over and attacked Gary (pretty sure it was that one. I only heard the last bit of it the other day, but I remember when it happened back in the day.)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
so I randomly ran into Elephant Boy today at the grocery store. Yes, he does actually sound like that.

Trevelyon

3b49d2cba9bc291464d999b0f4818da0.jpg

New picture of Artie looking slim and trim, if not exceedingly grayer. But healthier and seemingly happy nonetheless. Also, according to Sal, currently working on his follow up to 'Too Fat to Fish'.

Artie pleeeeeeeeeeeease come back and save the show. I can't take the soliloquies from Howard anymore. I don't care about your iPad, I don't care about your iPhone, I don't care about reality shows, I heard all these stories from your childhood a million times before. We need some fresh air and a change of pace on the show.

slit

Trevelyon said:
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/3b/49/3b49d2cba9bc291464d999b0f4818da0.jpg[IMG]

New picture of Artie looking slim and trim, if not exceedingly grayer. But healthier and seemingly happy nonetheless. Also, according to Sal, currently working on his follow up to 'Too Fat to Fish'.[/QUOTE]

Good for Artie. I wonder why he hasn't been back to tell his story on the show. From what I understand, he wants to but Howard won't allow it. I think Howard was really freaked out by what happened, however it's been a year and a half. I think fans want some sort of closure.

smurfx

get some go again
Maklershed said:
Sweet! I so wanna hear that. I'm not sure how to listen though. Is that on AM?
listen online. click the link on his site that says listen live and that will take you to fox sports radio. click on the listen live link on there. hopefully artie goes into details about his attempted suicide and why he isn't making his comeback to radio on fox sports and not the stern show.

Nice! And yeah I guess I should've clicked that link before asking. :b

I hope that leads to a regular thing. Maybe a full time show on Sirius even?

smurfx

get some go again
Maklershed said:
Nice! And yeah I guess I should've clicked that link before asking. :b

I hope that leads to a regular thing. Maybe a full time show on Sirius even?
i'm not sure howard wants artie anywhere near sirius. don't think he wants fans wanting him back on the show. plus i'm not sure artie even wants to come back. artie doing this show might just be for his fans who wants an update on what he is doing and hear his story finally. i think he wanted to come back on the stern show and talk about everything that happened but howard and gary said no.

smurfx

get some go again
Synth_floyd said:
Poor Artie. Looks like he aged 15 years since he was last on the show.
he hasn't aged he is just not coloring his hair anymore. i bet if howard retired and stopped coloring his hair he would go gray within months. well that is if he took his wig off. :p

smurfx said:
he hasn't aged he is just not coloring his hair anymore. i bet if howard retired and stopped coloring his hair he would go gray within months. well that is if he took his wig off. :p
I wonder if thats true. If it is its quite hypocritical of him as he was bashing Ralph Macchio for wearing a wig on the episode I listened to today.

slit

Well, so far Artie hasn't said much about anything related to what happened. The Stern show hasn't even been brought up once, yet.

slit said:
Well, so far Artie hasn't said much about anything related to what happened. The Stern show hasn't even been brought up once, yet.

I guarantee it won;t be brought up by Artie or Nick. It'll be a caller if at all.

slit

moop2000 said:
I guarantee it won;t be brought up by Artie or Nick. It'll be a caller if at all.

They're probably screening calls. Somebody needs to tell them they're going to ask a sports question and then drop the bomb.

slit

Well they're talking about other bullshit like Casey Anthony and shit. Artie only touched on THSS and he said he put them in an awkward position, that was it.

smurfx

get some go again
slit said:
Well they're talking about other bullshit like Casey Anthony and shit. Artie only touched on THSS and he said he put them in an awkward position, that was it.
yeah i heard that. looks like they really did fire him. he probably doesn't want to say he was fired.

smurfx said:
yeah i heard that. looks like they really did fire him. he probably doesn't want to say he was fired.

He probably wasn't "fired", as that would be heartless. He was probably "let go" as he couldn't show up to work.

Jube3

I think Artie crashed Sternfannetwork heh, great to hear the guy back on the radio. I miss him on the show :( How was he with Nick, did you guys manage to catch it?

Trevelyon

Jube3 said:
How was he with Nick, did you guys manage to catch it?

Sounded great! He didn't miss a beat with Nick, you would've never known that's he been out of radio for nearly a year and a half. He expressed interest in returning to the show in some capacity, but acknowledged that he put Sirius in a very awkward position, and was just grateful for the time he had on the show.

Very politically correct and soft spoken in regards to his situation, hopefully he can make inroads into getting back to the show. Howard's barely half a year into a five year contract, there's definitely time to make amends and get him back on the show in some way, if it's a George Takei like weekly spot or something more regular, that'd be much needed right now.

Spokker

Maklershed said:
Artie pleeeeeeeeeeeease come back and save the show. I can't take the soliloquies from Howard anymore. I don't care about your iPad, I don't care about your iPhone, I don't care about reality shows, I heard all these stories from your childhood a million times before. We need some fresh air and a change of pace on the show.
On the other hand, and I'm saying this as an Artie fan, there was no shortage of listeners who, toward the end of his run, were getting sick of Artie and what they believed were made up stories and his constant interruptions.

Personally, I too roll my eyes at the reality show and iPad bullshit, but I was laughing my ass off when they were talking about that guy who wrote an entire book by blinking.

R2D4

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
I like reality shows and I like iPads and I can't stand Artie so I love the show the way it is right now :)

And I love it when Howard imitates his parents so it looks like we have everything covered!

Top Bottom