• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

gdt

Vacation again? looooooool They just had a two week vacation! Or is it a today only thing?

edit: lol, wtf was I talking about. A quick skim of SFN led me wrong.

gdt5016 said:
Vacation again? looooooool They just had a two week vacation! Or is it a today only thing?

edit: lol, wtf was I talking about. A quick skim of SFN led me wrong.

The best place to check is Marks friggin blog.

Maklershed said:
I just have Gary's (good) and Artie's (meh) so far. I don't think I'd want Robin's either. I bet its mostly made up bullshit. Probably the only good part about it is you get a glimpse inside the brain of an insane person. She has gotten much better since then though.

Artie's book is fucking funny as fuck, i need to gary's book because i need his top songs to floss his teeth.

canoli2006 said:
I hate you Ashley Madison commercials.

I'm lsitening to last weeks show when Sal sat in for Fred. I'm really sick of Howard not filling in Artie's chair. The show is stale as hell. Sal should get the seat. Hands down. Fucking Howard needs to open his mind to the staleness of the show.

moop2000 said:
I'm lsitening to last weeks show when Sal sat in for Fred. I'm really sick of Howard not filling in Artie's chair. The show is stale as hell. Sal should get the seat. Hands down. Fucking Howard needs to open his mind to the staleness of the show.
Stern is better than no Stern.

canoli2006 said:
Stern is better than no Stern.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything? That's a great argument if your talking about his vacations and time off, but the way you use it is ridiculous.

BTW, I accidently quoted you which may have caused the confusion.

moop2000 said:
What the fuck does this have to do with anything? That's a great argument if your talking about his vacations and time off, but the way you use it is ridiculous.

BTW, I accidently quoted you which may have caused the confusion.
You're speaking about the staleness of the show. If you are unhappy with the state of the Howard Stern Show then you probably should listen to something else.

Stern could have very easily not resigned with Sirius and just have retired. So be thankful that you have a show to listen to at all.

Who knows what's going to happen with Artie chair? It may never be filled.

So again, Stern is better than no Stern at all.

canoli2006 said:
You're speaking about the staleness of the show. If you are unhappy with the state of the Howard Stern Show then you probably should listen to something else.

Stern could have very easily not resigned with Sirius and just have retired. So be thankful that you have a show to listen to at all.

Who knows what's going to happen with Artie chair? It may never be filled.

So again, Stern is better than no Stern at all.

Yet again your comment is stupid and uninformed and misses the point. I don;t have to be thankful for shit and your stupidity in regards to this speaks to your inability to distinguish quality from quantity. The show is stale in my opinion and the chair should be filled. If you disagree about my assertion of the quality of the show then state that but to make an argument about him being there or not makes no sense. Good job sounding like a turd two times in row though. Oh, but that's right I can't make a comment about the show because I'm dissatisfied with the quality so I should just be immediately dismissed and have no right to complain. Fucking stupid.

Your awesome quotes from the show add so much to the thread though.

SeigO

Banned
Yeah Robins huge again it looks like she has gained back at least 30 pounds.

And I second the show being stale sentiment. It's pretty hard to get through an entire show of parent impersonations, photography bullshit, and terrible guests.

SeigO said:

And I second the show being stale sentiment. It's pretty hard to get through an entire show of parent impersonations, photography bullshit, and terrible guests.
In the past year they've said that the show isn't about comedy anymore. Robin being fat after all the health food bullshit she spews is the only thing funny about the show these days.

SeigO said:

That's the thing, some of the bits are old but as far as guests go, I'm still digging it. The Lars interview was great. The show has always evolved while maintaining a semblance of the past, being Gary, Fred, Robin, and Howard. Artie was the best thing for the show since Billy West. Once you've had a third, newer, voice in the mix, it's hard to go back to just Howard and Robin. I think Sal, is the perfect fit for the show. He brings it back to that dynamic of a third voice. He;s also fucking hilariously stupid but also knows when to chime in and butt out. He did a great job that day cuz he had some freedom to add to the show on the spot. So, if anybody wants to have a real conversation about the show and not immediately dismiss someone else's opinion let's go. I haven't missed a show in the past 5 years. I kid you not.

moop2000 said:
Yet again your comment is stupid and uninformed and misses the point. I don;t have to be thankful for shit and your stupidity in regards to this speaks to your inability to distinguish quality from quantity. The show is stale in my opinion and the chair should be filled. If you disagree about my assertion of the quality of the show then state that but to make an argument about him being there or not makes no sense. Good job sounding like a turd two times in row though. Oh, but that's right I can't make a comment about the show because I'm dissatisfied with the quality so I should just be immediately dismissed and have no right to complain. Fucking stupid.

Your awesome quotes from the show add so much to the thread though.

Moop2000, is it ok for me to make a comment whether you agree with it or not without being called a turd or stupid? I can distinguish quality from quantity and I agree with you that the show isn't as good as it used to be. I still go back and listen to shows and watch Howard TV episodes with Artie. Fuck, I can't get enough of bits like the Jesus Twins and Fred's Bachelor Party. But I've come to accept (and as I write this, I'm probably sounding stupid or turd-like) that those days are over. Artie's not coming back. I do hope he shows up for at least an interview. It also seems like Howard is in no hurry to fill the Artie chair and Howard seems like he's coasting. Jim Breuer would be a great fit. And maybe next year they'll be auditions to fill the Artie chair just like they did with the Jackie chair. Sal did a great job last week. The show continues to evolve and Robin is fat again which is great. I still enjoy listening.

SimpleDesign said:
In the past year they've said that the show isn't about comedy anymore. Robin being fat after all the health food bullshit she spews is the only thing funny about the show these days.
Does Howard comment on her weight? Or is it not being discussed?

R2D4

Banned
Jonah Hill interview was awesome. Once again Howard need to lay off the "did you get laid?" and hash oil questions. Howard you are really the only one that cares if he got laid instead of hearing a funny story about him and Seth Rogen.

Harry Potter said:
I haven't listened in about 5 months but today on the nightly news I saws clip from the show. Is Robin gaining back some weight?
I missed it. What did they make the news for? Certainly not just so they could mention Howard's sidekick is gaining weight?

R2D4 said:
Jonah Hill interview was awesome. Once again Howard need to lay off the "did you get laid?" and hash oil questions. Howard you are really the only one that cares if he got laid instead of hearing a funny story about him and Seth Rogen.
Those interviews really tell you more about Howard than they do the interviewee. The two things he's obsessed with: sex and money.

Robin is losing it. Sully isn't a hero, Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford aren't movie stars, her office looked like a bag lady lived in it. Whats going on with her? She's coming across crazier than usual.

smurfx

get some go again
SeigO said:

wow just saw this picture.

10s7v69.jpg

robin really needs to stop going on these gimmick diets because they never work and she ends up looking stupid when she gets fat again after preaching about her new diet.

Just heard this line from last night's Cleveland show ..

Cleveland: Only the elderly and Artie Lange buy food one day at a time.

Don't quite get what it means but there it is.

In more closely related Stern news - That call where Sal has the dog ordering pizza by barking makes me laugh every time. There's just something so ridiculous and stupid about the premise that gets me. I also was laughing out loud today at the Tradio call where Sal is selling a vase and has his "wife" bring it over to him so he can describe it and it breaks.

Maklershed said:

In more closely related Stern news - That call where Sal has the dog ordering pizza by barking makes me laugh every time. There's just something so ridiculous and stupid about the premise that gets me. I also was laughing out loud today at the Tradio call where Sal is selling a vase and has his "wife" bring it over to him so he can describe it and it breaks.
Sorry but the sal praying hotline bit had me in stitches.

smurfx said:
wow just saw this picture.

10s7v69.jpg

robin really needs to stop going on these gimmick diets because they never work and she ends up looking stupid when she gets fat again after preaching about her new diet.
Holy cow!

VPhys

Maklershed said:
Robin is losing it. Sully isn't a hero, Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford aren't movie stars, her office looked like a bag lady lived in it. Whats going on with her? She's coming across crazier than usual.
I agree with Robin on the Sully comment. It makes sense.

Its certainly a more valid argument than "Brad Pitt isn't a movie star". It's still wrong though. By her reasoning if a firefighter on 9/11 saved a daycare he's not a hero because he's paid to do that.

Maklershed said:
Its certainly a more valid argument than "Brad Pitt isn't a movie star". It's still wrong though. By her reasoning if a firefighter on 9/11 saved a daycare he's not a hero because he's paid to do that.

Yeah, but that Brad Pitt stuff was just her trolling the show. That's how you gotta look at it. Even if she has no idea what trolling is.

VPhys

Maklershed said:

The firefighter took on a job that was inherently dangerous and knew he (or she) would be getting into dangerous situations on a consistent basis in order to save others. Also, the firefighter on 9/11 is willfully going into that daycare to save other people. The firefighter is a hero. Sully was already on that plane and by saving himself by default he saved others.

smurfx

get some go again
if you guys are talking about crazy robin quotes then lets not forget one of the biggest ones. calling the people on the planes on 9/11 cowards for not fighting back.

Harry Potter said:
Does Howard comment on her weight? Or is it not being discussed?
only time people make fun of robin for being fat are the roasts. probably why howard stopped doing them.

Maklershed said:

The one that always gets me is the scooter call when the cops start shooting at Sal.

Hopefully he gives me a nice birthday present that day by announcing he's going back on the Stern show and he's gonna curb the reality tv and photography discussion.

Van Owen

Banned
lol I like how Robin supposedly has a diet that consists of nothing but vegetables and green drinks and she's still fat. At leasting she isn't faking a marathon again.

I've noticed whenever Howard asks her what she ate the previous night or when she mentions eating in a story she always says french fries.

Grinchy

Banned
Holy shit! I can't believe I didn't know this thread existed. I've been a Stern fan for so long.

As an intro to the thread, I bring a banned picture of Howard, from when Depace caught him at the wrong angle.

1Ffrq.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Maklershed said:
Hopefully he gives me a nice birthday present that day by announcing he's going back on the Stern show and he's gonna curb the reality tv and photography discussion.

don't forget the exciting hour long discussions on getting robin organized!

love when george is in. it was hilarious that he thought shat was phony for the majority of his call in

Maklershed said:

Ha. I have to admit I was getting weary of Artie and his over-enthusiastic bravado persona, but man someone needs to be there to knock Howard down a few pegs when he goes on and on.

Just checking out Beth's twitter feed which is mostly just tweets of pictures of her modeling for Howard. Hearing Howard talk about photography is boring as fuck but I gotta say his pics look pretty professional to me.

Grinchy

Banned
I finally just got around to listening to Monday's show. Holy shit I can't remember the last time I tuned out so much of an episode. Robin is really dragging the show down IMO. I haven't felt that way until recently, either. It's something I never agreed with before, but she has lost her mind and it's no longer funny.

Top Bottom