• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I think he'll be a good judge. I agree 100% with his criticism that you gotta go with the mentality as 'would I pay to see this in Las Vegas'. That's what I never understood about the show before and why they'd let so much rubbish get through.

BTW - lollercoasters at Howard basically having SFN shut down cause he doesn't like people trashing the show.

Grinchy

Banned
I finally got around to listening to the AGT signing segment. Why the hell can't Robin go more than 10 seconds without opening her trap? She has been completely insufferable. Howard announces a caller and she immediately starts talking loudly. Howard asks Don a question, and she has something loud to say before Don can even answer. Howard asks for a moment to explain something, and she is interrupting.

I'm not usually that annoyed by Robin, but she completely ruined the signing for me. For a fun drinking game, listen to this segment and try to count to 10 while she's silent. If you can't get to 10, take a sip of beer. Make sure to buy 4 cases of beer.

What do you guys think of the callers that are snoring when Howard picks up the phone? Do you ever get the impression that its a put on by the caller sometimes?

Yes. And I'm also tired of how the show has easentially become a a discussion of Bengy and Ronnie.

Really? Because where I'm at in the show (early November) its nothing but Dancing With the Stars, Beth, Photography, and David Arquette's love life. I'd do anything to hear about Benji and Ronnie right about now.

Really? Because where I'm at in the show (early November) its nothing but Dancing With the Stars, Beth, Photography, and David Arquette's love life. I'd do anything to hear about Benji and Ronnie right about now.

Ah yes, give it a week or so. The it becomes essentially a discussion of Bengy's girlfriend and Ronnies poetry.

Grinchy

Banned
What do you guys think of the callers that are snoring when Howard picks up the phone? Do you ever get the impression that its a put on by the caller sometimes?

I think there are very few "trusted" callers that Howard will even let on the air anymore. They call in often, and they hold on the line for hours before getting put on the air. So, in their daily grind of sitting around with their phone on speaker so they can hear Howard call out their name without holding their phone all morning, they occasionally fall asleep while waiting. That's my take, anyways.

9WX5ol.jpg

Jesus, that classic clip of Conan O'Brien turning the tables on Stuttering John almost killed me.

? What's that from?

Speaking of which - thats one of the more random memories stuck in my brain from my teen years ... watching on E TV at 11pm the episode where Conan goes on the Stern show to explain who he is and why he's worthy of taking over the The Late Show and he just gets bagged on relentlessly by Billy West / Jackie Puppet and Howard telling him he'll last a month at best.

slit

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Yeah I was just reading about this. That's so awesome. :lol

^ It is amusing seeing or reading about stuff that Howard would be mortified to have people find out for some reason ... ie pictures of his ginormous house in the Hamptons with something like 10 steeple chimneys. The brutal photoshop thread was fun too. Plus it provided some good content for the show like calling Sal out on plagiarizing.

^ It is amusing seeing or reading about stuff that Howard would be mortified to have people find out for some reason ... ie pictures of his ginormous house in the Hamptons with something like 10 steeple chimneys. The brutal photoshop thread was fun too. Plus it provided some good content for the show like calling Sal out on plagiarizing.

I remember another instance where they completely called Howard out on having Beth in as a guest where she was basically just plugging "giftscriptions" when he rips apart any other celebrity wife who tries to sell things based on their husband's fame.

Fred played a live version of David Bowie's Space Oddity this morning. Any Bowie fans in this thread that can tell me where it's from?

Fred played a live version of David Bowie's Space Oddity this morning. Any Bowie fans in this thread that can tell me where it's from?

I didn't hear it so I can't say for sure but it could've been from one of Howard's birthday shows at which Bowie performed. Speaking of which I think his birthday is coming up any day now.

Two fucking shows this week.

Howard: Bobo you're on the air, go ahead.

Bobo: Hey how ya doin Howard? I just wanted to say that I don't care that there are only two episodes this week. They were the best shows ever and just two episodes is better than none at all if you had retired!

Howard: Yeah my fans are such pricks.

smurfx

get some go again
Howard: Bobo you're on the air, go ahead.

Bobo: Hey how ya doin Howard? I just wanted to say that I don't care that there are only two episodes this week. They were the best shows ever and just two episodes is better than none at all if you had retired!

Howard: Yeah my fans are such pricks.
don't forget the usual beth compliment. i'm still on april shows from last year so i'm all good for now.

I wasn't really complaining just a little surprised. I have the Stern Show Shuffle with Conan vs Stuttering John to listen to so I'm all good.

Top Bottom