• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Does anyone know the story behind the Richard Simmons drops that Richard Christie used? I'm assuming they're from an audiobook-but why would Richard Simmons ever say "My name is Cheryl-I believe I am you daughter." ?

"HOW CAN A MAN BE A MOM???"
"Well...I'll think about it."

I'm listening to the 1/17 show. Apparently Robin is incredibly jealous of all of the attention Howard and Benji are getting - what's this BS .. she's sorry for emasculating men? WTF?

^ Speaking of which, I'm aware they're off this week but what about next week? Or is it possible it will just be a 2 day week for them? I wish they'd announce the schedule but Howard seems to believe some people will be 'tricked' into listening if they don't know the show is off.

^ Speaking of which, I'm aware they're off this week but what about next week? Or is it possible it will just be a 2 day week for them? I wish they'd announce the schedule but Howard seems to believe some people will be 'tricked' into listening if they don't know the show is off.
I'm tricked into listening for about 30 seconds before I realize it's obviously old content, then I switch my sat radio over to the BBC World Service.

It could be Book of Eli 2 and Eric is a clan scout that travels the wasteland via a patch work hot air balloon and reports back to the leader. But one day he gets too cocky or something and he gets attacked by someone on the ground that shoots at Eric with an explosive tip arrow and Eric's head explodes.

Or a Mad Max Master Blaster situation could work too.

It could be Book of Eli 2 and Eric is a clan scout that travels the wasteland via a patch work hot air balloon and reports back to the leader. But one day he gets too cocky or something and he gets attacked by someone on the ground that shoots at Eric with an explosive tip arrow and Eric's head explodes.

Or a Mad Max Master Blaster situation could work too.

I envision Eric in a remake of Total Recall-he could play one of the patrons in a night club or bar. Like Quatto.

a) The Tradio call with Sal on the phone with his dog in the background and the rifle goes off is one of the funniest things I've heard in awhile. I was here at work in a dignified, quiet office laughing my ass off. Thankfully I'm tucked away back in a corner or I would've been making a scene.

b) I'd be happy to never hear from Ass Napkin or Debbie the Pet Lady ever again. Especially Debbie. Uhh

c) How can a man be a mom?

master15

So I've never really followed or been a fan of Howard Stern but last few days I've been listening to a slew of interviews available on Youtube. Listening to Piers Morgan, Seinfeld, Francis Coopola, Hugh Jackman.

Also watched the Tom Synder interview which was great.

Can anyone link me to Stern 'classic' interviews?

I wouldn't know where to find it but Conan O'Brien's first appearance on the Stern show was a classic in my opinion. This was right before he was to start hosting The Late Show for NBC. Billy West (voice of Ren/Stimpy/Fry) was absolutely brutal on Conan during the whole thing. I don't know where to tell you to find that but if you can its a good one.

gdt

So I've never really followed or been a fan of Howard Stern but last few days I've been listening to a slew of interviews available on Youtube. Listening to Piers Morgan, Seinfeld, Francis Coopola, Hugh Jackman.

A few modern classics would be the Lady Gaga one, the Billy Joel one, the one with the guy from 98 degrees (maybe the best interview he's ever done) off the top of my head.

Some of the better ones I remember-there was an interview with a guy from Lynyrd Skynrd who talked in detail about the plane crash they were in. Just remembering it gives me chills.

Almost all the Ozzy interviews-especially the ones prior to the Osbournes show in the early 2000s.

Also for me personally, Jim Bruer's interviews are amazing. I never really cared for the guy-always thought he was annoying, but the first time he came on as a guest I was blown away. He has so many great stories about his life and family-and just seems completely grounded and down to earth.

Sorry for discussing stuff thats a little outdated but - Eric suing In Plain Sight for $5 worth of Pepsi. The kid is amazing. He has zero basis for reality and I love it.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone listen today?

I only heard the first hour or so but I enjoyed hearing from Eric the Ack-Actor. That's awesome that Howard made sure he got some Pepsi while he was at the AGT taping hahaha. Robin didn't try to dominate the airwaves in that first hour, so that was a plus as well.

I was just looking at the Stern website. Why is it that they've only been doing two episodes a week lately? Is this the new schedule or is it because of AGT or something?

Anyone listen today?

I only heard the first hour or so but I enjoyed hearing from Eric the Ack-Actor.

He's club fuckin footed!

Grinchy

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if Howard is burning through a lot of his Sirius "vacation" days. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised to find out that later in the year he actually has to show up somewhat consistently.

Salmonax

Mmm Fiya and Scott arguing. I love this. I feed on Stern show anger and controversies.

This has always been the best part of the show, but it seems like everyone's too happy and complacent to get in real fights anymore. The Sirius peak was Artie attacking Teddy. Artie's blow-ups in general were very entertaining, with the exception of his stupid "fights" with Beetlejuice, which I think ruined Beet's confidence on the show more or less permanently (ushering in the "goo for you" years).

These days Howard has to get mad at Scott for asking if he can bowl or something to stir things up, and it's not the same. The stakes are just so low.

This has always been the best part of the show, but it seems like everyone's too happy and complacent to get in real fights anymore. The Sirius peak was Artie attacking Teddy. Artie's blow-ups in general were very entertaining, with the exception of his stupid "fights" with Beetlejuice, which I think ruined Beet's confidence on the show more or less permanently (ushering in the "goo for you" years).

These days Howard has to get mad at Scott for asking if he can bowl or something to stir things up, and it's not the same. The stakes are just so low.

So true. I mean-the fact that Gary purposely fell asleep in his office with his feet kicked up on his desk with the door closed-and Howard barely discussed it is nuts.

Grinchy

Banned
So true. I mean-the fact that Gary purposely fell asleep in his office with his feet kicked up on his desk with the door closed-and Howard barely discussed it is nuts.

He probably had to get out of there on time that day because of meetings!

Salmonax

Yeah, I've been such an unconditional fan of the show for so long that I was very slow to catch on to its slide into banality. Howard's still a great interviewer when he feels like it and sometimes it still hits the spot, but it seems like the loss of Artie was ultimately a crushing blow.

Now the only shows I get excited about are those when George Takei is in the studio, because he brings a genuine energy with his blend of earnestness and naivete.

vaelic

Banned
Is Beth cheating on Howard? uncomfortable on air moment

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/xen/index.php?threads/beth-cuddled-up-with-some-dude.655539/

7tduoud

http://www.examiner.com/howard-ster...y-mom-caves-jared-walker-dostie-twitter-photo

Top Bottom