• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I went to the Cinema Wasteland Horror Convention back in '02 and Virgil was there aggressively signing shit for people that they didn't want or ask for. If somebody walked by, he'd stop them and ask them their name and then start signing shit for them and he'd hand it to them and say, "OK, that'll be twenty dollars."

From what I saw, most people declined, but some actually agreed to pay out of sheer shock and bewilderment. A guy next to him selling indie bootlegs was getting pissed because he was scaring away customers.

Yeah, O&A chronicle the dealings of Virgil pretty well. One of their guys even had a replica Million Dollar Belt that DiBiase signed and before it could be handed back Virgil had signed it as well even though he wasn't asked.

This is amazing, funniest thing I've read in ages. Adds so much to the lonely Virgil pic lol.

Also in regard to the Jackie picture, I love that it has rails and the ones beside him don't. Like he told someone to put them there cause he was expected a mad rush.

gdt

OMG what do I have to do to ensure that Eric the Actor is Kelley Ripa's co-host for a week?

I NEED that in my life.

Haven't heard it either but my guess is he showed up as Benshe.

Listening to the part now where Sam Simon admonishes Jon Hein for his show glorifying fast food. Can Sam sound any more like Ralph?

Robin's surgery? That's all I can think of.

It has something to do with Sirius. Robin was on the air with Howard at the time. It came across to me as being something internal that would only impact Howard and the staff and not something the listeners could relate to or care about. Could be wrong though.

Howard was definitely thrown off his game by what ever it was.

Kosmo

Banned
It has something to do with Sirius. Robin was on the air with Howard at the time. It came across to me as being something internal that would only impact Howard and the staff and not something the listeners could relate to or care about. Could be wrong though.

This is all I can find and probably makes sense:

O&A announced @SiriusXM no longer allows naked chicks in the studio. is this the "devastating" news @HowardStern referred to? @jdharm

I loved that Howard finally took the kid gloves off for Lisa G on the episode I just listened to (6/6). Good on him for giving her the business about using the show but not giving access in return.

Yeah it seemed Sirius related. Like his budget was cut or something like that. Or maybe the nudity thing Kosmo mentioned is what it was.

What a coinkydink - I'm listening to his Comic Con stuff right now.

Wolfy: Who would you rather meet, Scott Bakula or Jackie Martling?

Dude: Who is Jackie Martling?

Kosmo

Banned
What a coinkydink - I'm listening to his Comic Con stuff right now.

Wolfy: Who would you rather meet, Scott Bakula or Jackie Martling?

Dude: Who is Jackie Martling?

Big line for Jackie at Philly Comic Con

6esfI.jpg

gdt

Why shouldn't he be, he was the talent in the group. As his new album shows, the sound of SP was him and all the other parts can be replaced.

I do think he's the talent, I mean, can't really think otherwise. But damn....seriously, the whole time he's kind of laughing at them haha.

Not bothered by it, just surprised he wasn't more...diplomatic as people usually are about similar situations.

Kosmo

Banned
I do think he's the talent, I mean, can't really think otherwise. But damn....seriously, the whole time he's kind of laughing at them haha.

Not bothered by it, just surprised he wasn't more...diplomatic as people usually are about similar situations.

I think he finally got to a point where the other members of the band had such ridiculous behavior that he knew they were screwing themselves, so he said "I've got to move on, I can't be bothered with these clowns."

Pretty much the way Howard feels about Jackie.

gdt

Also, Billy refers to his parents as Mommy and Daddy. So odd to me. He does it twice (so far), one for each.

Darren870

I haven't listened to stern in 3 years. (moved to the uk and got rid of sirius)

However everyday I go to the website and read the show update. Man, id love to listen again.

aparisi2274

I haven't listened to stern in 3 years. (moved to the uk and got rid of sirius)

However everyday I go to the website and read the show update. Man, id love to listen again.

You dont have access to Sirius.com in the UK? Maybe you can subscribe to the internet feed and listen that way.

Darren870

You dont have access to Sirius.com in the UK? Maybe you can subscribe to the internet feed and listen that way.

Yea, I tried. The hardest though is the time change. Its hard for me to listen at my desk as the show starts.
Ill have to revisit it, my dad has an account still so i can just add on the internet subscription.

Just randomly thought that Id mention i still check up everyday having not been able to listen like I used to.

Futureman

don't have much to add here but I'm OBSESSED recently with Beetlejuice. Been watching all his videos on YT... he's so great. And actually really nice and sweet when he's not on Howard.

Elliot Offen > Eric the Midget > Hank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> most other whack packers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wendy / Ass Napkin Ed

Kosmo

Banned
His plugs in 2006 for a VHS tape that could only be purchased at a store in Manhattan were utterly useless but hilarious for that reason. And wasn't it just a tape of him putting .. stuff .. in a .. place? haha

Top Bottom