• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Kosmo

Banned
Was there actually a lot of shit in the bathroom? They posted some pics on howardstern.com and it's just a few drops. The way they were describing it was like it was a shit explosion, like that scene from Dumb and Dumberer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6C9RBMCJOY

Anyway the Artie years were amazing. I started to listen when they went to satellite. The show is still good but without someone like Jackie or Artie it is missing something.

Totally agree - and less fucking Benjy.

izakq

I first listed to the Howard Stern show when I was in school down in Las Cruces, NM, as there was a radio station in El Paso, TX that was carrying his show. Then the whole Selena incident happened and he eventually got yanked off the station. As a hispanic, pissed me off that he was no longer on air.

Then I was living in Denver, CO at the time when the Columbine killings had occured. I didn't know what radio station he was on, however, I remember his TV show on CBS had started. After that incident, that show got replaced by some locally produced show of, I can't remember correctly, of teens and adults on a roundtable discussion of how to deal with the killings at Columbine or how to look for signs of troubled teens, I can't remember exactly.

It's like wherever I go, I'm denied of his show.

One great memory I had of the show was the Jesus Twins. The shit they got from everyone and the callers, it was great.

Is the show on the air today? Also, was it explained why Howard was off last Wednesday?

Definitely on the air today but I didn't hear an explanation why they were off on Wednesday. I was kind of pissed that they were off for two weeks then come back only to have a two-day week so quickly.

I gotta say the 7/30 episode is particularly good. Starts with controversy, bounces between subject, good ‘bits’, and then on top of that Howard is awake, alert, and in a good, playful mood. He’s being very funny – especially during the news. I wish he was like this all the time.

I gotta say the 7/30 episode is particularly good. Starts with controversy, bounces between subject, good ‘bits’, and then on top of that Howard is awake, alert, and in a good, playful mood. He’s being very funny – especially during the news. I wish he was like this all the time.

And how 'bout the Shit Show!?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Wait til August when I think they only have four shows for the whole month.

What? Seriously?!?

I figured we were good until Labor Day after the mid-Summer break. Howard doesn't have to deal with AGT and the radio show right now either as the Olympics of put AGT on hiatus for a few weeks.

The schedule that's going around hasn't been accurate (for one it had a live show last Wednesday), so I'm not sure anyone really knows what the schedule looks like.

Still think it's bullshit that Mr. Honest won't let us know which days are live.

I figure with AGT on Olympic hiatus that he'll be sneaking in shows now so he doesn't have to do Wednesday double-headers. I really hope he's done with AGT after this season, but I worry he's got one foot out the door with radio.

Haven't listened to today yet, but I really enjoyed Monday (much better than the two days last week which were kind of a show low-point for me), though I skipped through the Tim shit bit at the start.

Just not my thing. Jon Lieberman going all newsman with it yesterday was funny though: "This is your Watergate"

They could have made the entire show about that for a week and I would have been thrilled-I also loved on the Wrap Up Show when everyone starting sharing shit stories-Ronnie's was the best.

Any topic that isn't about Howard or reality tv is usually great in my book. Especially if there's the slightest bit of controversy involved.

Any topic that isn't about Howard or reality tv is usually great in my book. Especially if there's the slightest bit of controversy involved.

Good point. You've won me over.

Lieberman talking about Lisa G had me giggling as well. She's right up there with Benjy as far as people I could do without on the show.

gdt

Her face isn't all that...but those boobs. Good god.

Edit: Actually, she's pretty cute. Bad angles in a shot or two threw me off a bit.

Ughh these answering machine messages of Shuli's mom reviewing AGT are painfully boring. And worst of it all, it seems to be an invitation to Shuli to come into the studio to tell boring stories.

Her face isn't all that...but those boobs. Good god.

Edit: Actually, she's pretty cute. Bad angles in a shot or two threw me off a bit.

Lisa G?

lisag%20gracieaward.jpg

master15

I am certainly a million years old but after randomly listening to a bunch of Howard Stern segments I bumped into the Tradio compilation of funny phone calls and have been cracking up over the last hour.

I'm listening to the girl who came in who is getting a breast reduction-and it makes me mad. Women always want what they don't have. Women with no boobs want big boobs. Women with big boobs want no boobs. wassupwitdat.

Not being from the States, I doscovered Stern on youtube. What a legend. I think the Eric the midget stuff is my favourite. Have probably listened through all his calls twice. Great to put on for a laugh when you're doing other stuff.

Not being from the States, I doscovered Stern on youtube. What a legend. I think the Eric the midget stuff is my favourite. Have probably listened through all his calls twice. Great to put on for a laugh when you're doing other stuff.

you should track down The History of Howard Stern segments they made. They are full of information about him and the show over the years. Gives a lot of great insight into the history and characters. Also, if you like ETM, the wack pack specials will be right up your ally. They basically introduce all of them and their first appearences,

you should track down The History of Howard Stern segments they made. They are full of information about him and the show over the years. Gives a lot of great insight into the history and characters. Also, if you like ETM, the wack pack specials will be right up your ally. They basically introduce all of them and their first appearences,

It's pretty much my go-to thing on youtube when I want something in my ears, so I know quite a bit by now - the jackie years, the artie years. My other favourite wackpackers are probably Beetlejuice and Eliot Offen.

Very sad what happened with Artie Lange.

I think whats' great about being a new fan is that those "Best of" specials like Fight Week are truly glorious-they just pack in great moments from yesteryear...

Like "Mac-Hine"

Top Bottom